post Jun 27, 2014 - 11:17 AM
+Quote Post
mkernz22

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '10
From MA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (rentaspace @ Jun 23, 2014 - 6:38 AM) *
Any reason why external monitors on a laptop?

Mainly for photo and video editing. I just got a job doing product photography and I need the bigger screen for editing purposes.
The 17" is big enough for now, but it'd be nice to have something bigger since you have to zoom in for all the detailed editing.
I opted for a laptop since it's portable and I can take it with me to a shoot and whatnot. Then I can at least review my photos while I'm at the shoot.
post Jun 27, 2014 - 11:05 PM
+Quote Post
VavAlephVav

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 3, '13
From Missourah
Currently Offline

When I built my desktop it was so I could Play wow
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bone...alephvav/simple

IDK if that's nerdy enough for ya or not :E
I haven't actually been on a raid team since Dragon Soul, and that was 2 years ago. I don't even pay for a subscription anymore I just wait for them to send me an inv for free 7 days. then Ill log in and dick around for a while, I don't even want to play the game I just like hanging out in the city and messing with people in trade chat.

--------------------
Bust a Deal; Face the Wheel.
post Jun 27, 2014 - 11:35 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

virtualbox Windows7 install up and running. woot. pretty smooth for the lame hardware.

--------------------
post Jul 4, 2014 - 3:49 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Another hobby of mine; Aquarium.
Spent the past week re-setting up an old tank that had some CoryDoras and a Pleco Catfish.
Cleaned it out, rearranged it and cleaned the filter.

Let it run for a day and reintroduced the fish and today introduced two Queensland Kreffts turtles.

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Jul 5, 2014 - 7:36 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Some photos of the hatchlings:

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Jul 5, 2014 - 9:30 PM
+Quote Post
VavAlephVav

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 3, '13
From Missourah
Currently Offline

wow those are super cool looking and different from the ones we have, here's some shots from when mine were hatchlings

and not long after...

I also had a sporty soft-shell
he was a bit too aggressive to handle and liked to burrow under the gravel and chill with just his nose poking out

--------------------
post Jul 6, 2014 - 9:37 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

They look cute!

Mine always chill around the reed end side of my tank (I set it up especially for them) and my fish just chill at the rocky end haha, occasionally one of the turtles will go and chill with the fish but he always tries to sit on top of the fish and then the fish moves and then the turtle swims off, almost as if he is just trying to piss the fish off haha

--------------------

post Jul 6, 2014 - 10:56 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I had a female painted for about 10 years, it ate the fish we put in with it, couple of blue gill...it also ate the crayfish but we didn't mind that one bit...that crayfish was kind of an asshole. It took a long time before it was big enough to get the blue gills, which we got to eat the feeder guppies the turtle didn't eat but who were eating all the turtle pellets.

--------------------
post Jul 6, 2014 - 11:23 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 6, 2014 - 11:56 PM) *
I had a female painted for about 10 years, it ate the fish we put in with it, couple of blue gill...it also ate the crayfish but we didn't mind that one bit...that crayfish was kind of an asshole. It took a long time before it was big enough to get the blue gills, which we got to eat the feeder guppies the turtle didn't eat but who were eating all the turtle pellets.

Yeah, guppies are way to small and slow to keep with a turtle. I've got:
Two Leopard Cory Dora at 3cm long:

One Bronze Cory Dora at 4cm long:

One Albino Cory Dora at 5cm long:

And a single 22cm Pleco:

--------------------

post Jul 7, 2014 - 12:09 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Yea, nothing that fancy for us when we had it. Thinking back, they weren't even bluegill but pumpkinseed! We thought the feeder guppies would make a good snack for the turtle but it didn't even bother with them, the guppies multiplied into a big school of fish that would eat all the turtles pellets before it could even get them, so I caught a pumpkinseed from the local pond and dropped it in the pond with the turtle and guppies. After about 3 days there were no guppies and a very fat pumpkinseed. A few years later I caught another pumpkinseed and introduced it as well, and about 4 years later the turtle had grown large enough to overturn the rocks the fish hid under and was able to eat one, then the other a couple weeks later. It would drive them into the shallow and get them, leaving just a floating head in the morning. All it left of the large crayfish was a pair of claws and the head, it dispatched of it within a week, which was good because the crayfish kept trying to pick fights with the turtle which was pretty suicidal...and it ate the big apple snail we bought so we were glad when the turtle made a snack of it.

--------------------
post Jul 7, 2014 - 1:02 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

My mom and grandmother owned a tropical pet store back when I was a kid, and for the longest time we had an aquarium if not two or three in the house. Actually my earliest memory I have was back when I was one or two and looking out of my crib at the small aquarium on the other side of the nursery. I remember the fish were vertically striped white and black. Later on I asked to have some ropefish, which they did. I love fish and the ocean. I like sharks, though definitely have a healthy amount of respect for them.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 7, 2014 - 7:45 PM
+Quote Post
VavAlephVav

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 3, '13
From Missourah
Currently Offline

lol the turtle likes to play it cool, she's not chasing those little fish around just acts like theyre no big deal, in fact makes friends with them till one day once they think it's all cool SNAP!
little fiddler crabs and snails once I put a chiclid that was a little to big for her in and she just ate his fins off and left him wobbling around the tank.

--------------------
post Jul 8, 2014 - 1:11 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 7, 2014 - 1:02 AM) *
My mom and grandmother owned a tropical pet store back when I was a kid, and for the longest time we had an aquarium if not two or three in the house. Actually my earliest memory I have was back when I was one or two and looking out of my crib at the small aquarium on the other side of the nursery. I remember the fish were vertically striped white and black. Later on I asked to have some ropefish, which they did. I love fish and the ocean. I like sharks, though definitely have a healthy amount of respect for them.

White and black striped sounds like a Convict, I had them, one started breeding and killed ALL of my other fish, and a Yabbie (Crayfish). I had African Cichlid's, American Cichlid's, a 65CM Bala shark and 20cm Silver Dollars. Only the Bala and Silver dollars survived...

--------------------

post Jul 8, 2014 - 1:23 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Did some searching and I think they were whitetail damsel fish.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 9, 2014 - 12:13 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 8, 2014 - 1:23 AM) *
Did some searching and I think they were whitetail damsel fish.

Never owned nor heard of them lol

--------------------

post Jul 9, 2014 - 1:06 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 9, 2014 - 8:18 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

They look pretty cool. What was there temperament? Aggressive or Complacent?

--------------------

post Jul 9, 2014 - 9:20 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

From what I can remember they were in a tank themselves, but this is something from when I was one or two so I only remember them and not much else. I guess since they visually stick out so much.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 10, 2014 - 10:40 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Fair enough, convicts are a pain in the ass.

--------------------

post Jul 11, 2014 - 12:46 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (rentaspace @ Jul 10, 2014 - 10:40 PM) *
Fair enough, convicts are a pain in the ass.

Wardens agree. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

18 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 9th, 2024 - 8:23 PM