6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> GreenDemon Celica progression thread, Help needed on last page! swap help please
post Oct 19, 2009 - 9:57 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

first day i had her

the new wheels for her day 2

Before she went in

new wheels and tires on her day 3

cleaned her all up

her new short ram intake

New stereo i installed

Super whites

day i got her back from the tint shop, old tint was cracked and i couldn see out of the back window

essentially the finished product for now, all of th cost me just over 3400, only paid 2300 for the car, let me know what you all think, im new to the whole celica thing but all my cars have been JDM so im no stranger to that. just let me know what you think about mods, i was thinking headers exhaust and maybe coilovers and definately some gt4 risers

This post has been edited by 96stgreendemon: Jul 13, 2011 - 10:45 PM

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica Project Mean Green
3RD Gen 3SGTE WRC Edition W/LSD E153 - Love BOOST <3

2001 Solar yellow Lexus IS300

2001 Dodge ram 1500 Off-road edition
17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 99)
post Oct 19, 2009 - 10:33 AM
+Quote Post
CastrolCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 27, '09
From Columbus, Ohio
Currently Offline

The pajama bottoms in the stereo shot made me laugh.

Joking aside, it looks MUCH better. I really like it. I was never a fan of that color, but you made it look good with the wheels and tint. Is that the original paint job? If so, it's held up VERY well over the years, I'm quite impressed! You'll soon find many other things to upgrade.. it's a bug, it'll get ya wink.gif.

A couple suggestions:

PLEASE clean out your engine bay. I know, I know, it's not ever high on the priority list, but it'll make that new air intake all the more special when everything around it is gleaming as well wink.gif.
It almost may be time to replace your rear (or for that matter both while you're at it) rotors. They look quite rusty.

But yea, great start bud. Stay here and read up some. You'll learn about a BOATLOAD of things you can do to improve your Celica.

This post has been edited by CastrolCelica: Oct 19, 2009 - 10:34 AM

--------------------
post Oct 19, 2009 - 10:42 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

QUOTE (CastrolCelica @ Oct 19, 2009 - 11:33 AM) *

Joking aside, it looks MUCH better. I really like it. I was never a fan of that color, but you made it look good with the wheels and tint. Is that the original paint job? If so, it's held up VERY well over the years, I'm quite impressed! You'll soon find many other things to upgrade.. it's a bug, it'll get ya wink.gif.

A couple suggestions:

PLEASE clean out your engine bay. I know, I know, it's not ever high on the priority list, but it'll make that new air intake all the more special when everything around it is gleaming as well wink.gif.
It almost may be time to replace your rear (or for that matter both while you're at it) rotors. They look quite rusty.

But yea, great start bud. Stay here and read up some. You'll learn about a BOATLOAD of things you can do to improve your Celica.

yea i was going to clean the engine bay but couldn find the time to do it before i put it on but now im not sure how to do it without getting water in the intake. any suggestiones?

--------------------

post Oct 19, 2009 - 11:09 AM
+Quote Post
CastrolCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 27, '09
From Columbus, Ohio
Currently Offline

QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Oct 19, 2009 - 11:42 AM) *
QUOTE (CastrolCelica @ Oct 19, 2009 - 11:33 AM) *

A couple suggestions:

yea i was going to clean the engine bay but couldn find the time to do it before i put it on but now im not sure how to do it without getting water in the intake. any suggestiones?

Most of the dirt you can get off by just wiping it down with degreaser and a rag to be honest. If you know what you're doing, you can also pour a bucket of water over specific areas and not damage the car (avoiding electrical areas is always a good thing). I did this when my radiator had a leak and spewed coolant everywhere and it worked quote well.

But all that grime on the frame itself and on the valve cover, ect. can be easily cleaned by hand.

--------------------
post Oct 19, 2009 - 11:13 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

cool, i just want the car to look good, im looking at headers soon but right now its postponed due to money, it was either put more into the car or pay my tuition for this semester lol

--------------------

post Oct 19, 2009 - 11:21 AM
+Quote Post
CastrolCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 27, '09
From Columbus, Ohio
Currently Offline

QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Oct 19, 2009 - 12:13 PM) *
cool, i just want the car to look good, im looking at headers soon but right now its postponed due to money, it was either put more into the car or pay my tuition for this semester lol

Tough call wink.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
post Oct 19, 2009 - 5:48 PM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

Wow, I've never made that many changes on the first day/week and I'm on my 3rd Gen6 Celica. Looks like they're all good changes too, nice.

I've never changed wheels, changed my lights months into it, stereo has always come last and never done tints.

Intake always on day 1 though biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mike W
1996 Toyota Celica ST205 GT-FOUR
GT2860RS turbine, TiAL mvr44, JE 86.5φ piston, Clutchmasters FX400, APEX P-FC
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Oct 19, 2009 - 6:10 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

That's odd, you have a '96 model, which has the facelift bumper (as it should,) but has the '94-95 spoiler. I guess whoever owned the car before you had the good taste to change it.

The car looks good, and so far you've been very tasteful. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Oct 19, 2009 - 6:17 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Nice-looking 6GC man. Richee, I think that's because it's an Anniversary model...don't quote me on that.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 19, 2009 - 6:50 PM
+Quote Post
Espo

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 11, '09
From Buffalo, NY
Currently Offline

Swissferdi: Nope, my '96 25th Anni has the three-prong bumper.

Greendemon, nice looking car - I had that color on my 94 but the paint was nowhere near the condition yours is in. I like all the changes you've made, the tint definitely made an impact to work well with that particular color.

This post has been edited by Espo: Oct 19, 2009 - 6:52 PM

--------------------
post Oct 19, 2009 - 7:36 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
From pineapple under the sea
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 19, 2009 - 4:17 PM) *
Nice-looking 6GC man. Richee, I think that's because it's an Anniversary model...don't quote me on that.

Nope. The spoiler might have been an option, but I would advise the OP to go check for a VIN sticker on the inside of the hatch and see if it matches the VIN on the dash.

Besides, a 25th anniversary has the black emblems, and the 25th anniversary emblem and sticker on the fender.

--------------------
1991 MR2 - T-tops - Crimson Red - Gen3 3SGTE - Lots of money

I'm not really an asshole, but I play one on the internet.
**** Photobucket
post Oct 19, 2009 - 7:42 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

I could've sworn I read that somewhere here...alright, learned something new. I thought prefacelift and facelift parts were never interchanged.

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 19, 2009 - 7:48 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 19, 2009 - 7:42 PM) *
I could've sworn I read that somewhere here...alright, learned something new. I thought prefacelift and facelift parts were never interchanged.

They weren't. You either have '94-95 parts or '96-99 parts, unless the owner/s of the car changed it somewhere along the lines. In this case, the spoiler was changed for the better.

Where in Kentucky are you from, 96stgreendemon?

This post has been edited by richee3: Oct 19, 2009 - 7:53 PM

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Oct 19, 2009 - 9:29 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Oct 19, 2009 - 7:48 PM) *
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 19, 2009 - 7:42 PM) *

They weren't. You either have '94-95 parts or '96-99 parts, unless the owner/s of the car changed it somewhere along the lines. In this case, the spoiler was changed for the better.

Where in Kentucky are you from, 96stgreendemon?

im from northern kentucky like the florence aere, like thirty south of cincinnati, but i bought the car from ohio, but prior to that the car was in tenessee so its nice because she doesnt have all the rust like most of them do around here

QUOTE (richee3 @ Oct 19, 2009 - 6:10 PM) *
That's odd, you have a '96 model, which has the facelift bumper (as it should,) but has the '94-95 spoiler. I guess whoever owned the car before you had the good taste to change it.

The car looks good, and so far you've been very tasteful. Keep up the good work!

i believe that this is the right spoiler for the gt4 risers. anyone have an answer? or risers for sale

--------------------

post Oct 19, 2009 - 9:40 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Yes, that is indeed the right spoiler. The only thing you'll have to do is drill new holes in the spoiler, I believe.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Oct 19, 2009 - 9:40 PM

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 19, 2009 - 10:06 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 19, 2009 - 9:40 PM) *
Yes, that is indeed the right spoiler. The only thing you'll have to do is drill new holes in the spoiler, I believe.

cool, how hard is it to unbolt all that with the plastic trim around the hatch? and how much do the risers usually go for?

--------------------

post Oct 19, 2009 - 10:41 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Removing the spoiler is pretty easy. Just take off the interior plastics, starting with the small cover in the center. I would take a screw driver and apply a small amount of force to the outside of the trim, and then the clips will just pop out of place. Since you have a 2-post, all you have to do is use a wrench to undo the 2 bolts on each side and that's it. The spoiler will probably need a bit of force to come loose. Good luck. thumbsup.gif

I've seen risers for around 150, there are usually a few sold by members each month.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Oct 19, 2009 - 10:42 PM

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 19, 2009 - 11:02 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

cool cool sounds good bro, i think that will most likely be the last thing i do to her, i wanna keep her looking classy, maybe a new exhaust for her but thats in the future

--------------------

post Oct 23, 2009 - 10:54 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

i finally got my other car sold so now i have 2 grand cash in my hand so im thinking risers

--------------------

post Oct 23, 2009 - 12:24 PM
+Quote Post
mak5603

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '08
From Seattle, WA
Currently Offline

Get some clear sides, i think they would look really good with that color and are only like 25 bucks on ebay.

--------------------
2006 BMW 330i - 6 Speed - Dinan Stage 1
2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE
post Oct 23, 2009 - 3:07 PM
+Quote Post
spolski07

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 7, '06
From Los Alamos, NM
Currently Offline

risers, oem side skirts and jdm tails. plus tanabe df210 drop springs would really make this an amazing looking car thumbsup.gif

--------------------
2015 Subaru WRX. World Rally Blue/Black
2001 Honda S2000. Spa Yellow/Black
post Nov 2, 2009 - 11:28 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

yea i just wish i had more money to spend on her, im all tapped out now so i gotta wait awhile before anymore work, so many things i wanna do to her like a short throw, jdm tails, ss ii spliters and risees, then get the hood repainted, its nice to dream

--------------------

post Nov 2, 2009 - 11:41 PM
+Quote Post
jjbenzo

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 29, '02
From Florida
Currently Offline

You did some great updates within the first few days with your new Celica. The wheels are such a huge improvement. Although, instead of spending your money on "performance" mods for that engine, I think you would get more bang for your buck by tightening up the suspension, adding some OEM Toyota liftback side skirts, OEM foglights and basic maintenance to be sure it is operating at it's best. Good luck, looks great so far!

This post has been edited by jjbenzo: Nov 2, 2009 - 11:41 PM

--------------------
1998 Toyota Celica GT Liftback-Black on black/ivory-Bought new, sold in 2010, rebought in 2021
1999 Toyota Celica GT Liftback-Renaissance red on black
post Nov 3, 2009 - 9:59 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

yea i was thinking about lowering it or putting some bars on it but money is tight right now, and i think the previous owner did something with the suspension, it is alrealy pretty tight going around turns with little body roll, but some jdm parts would be nice

--------------------

post Nov 3, 2009 - 11:51 AM
+Quote Post
jjbenzo

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 29, '02
From Florida
Currently Offline

To be honest, the Celica GT's were always praised for their tight steering and suspension from the factory. I cant imagine the ST is much different. The car's driving dynamics are some of the greatest in it's class.

--------------------
1998 Toyota Celica GT Liftback-Black on black/ivory-Bought new, sold in 2010, rebought in 2021
1999 Toyota Celica GT Liftback-Renaissance red on black
post Nov 3, 2009 - 11:56 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

You're right. I don't experience much body roll, and my steering is quite responsive.

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Nov 3, 2009 - 4:25 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Nov 3, 2009 - 11:56 AM) *
You're right. I don't experience much body roll, and my steering is quite responsive.

yea its crazy how they handle, and not to mention they are pretty quick for such a little engine, i wanna do an exhaust next, do you have any suggestions? i cant seem to find a cat back on the internet for my 96, this car is starting to become an obsession ha ha

--------------------

post Dec 29, 2009 - 11:31 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

ok its been awhile but here are some new more current pics of the car, new mods, jdm tails, ssiii blocks and spoiler, new system, and the s2k antenna modd, let me know what ya think,

--------------------

post Dec 30, 2009 - 9:53 AM
+Quote Post
CastrolCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 27, '09
From Columbus, Ohio
Currently Offline

You can afford JDM tails and you can't get your lazy butt over here in Columbus? haha smile.gif

Looks great so far. It's funny how far the cars come in such little time. I'll have to post pics of my Celica up here too. I've done a few mods since last time I posted.

Btw, nice signature.. wonder who made it wink.gif.

--------------------
post Dec 30, 2009 - 11:25 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

ha ha i have had jdm tails for awhile, but yeah some guy with a white and green and red car made my sig for me laugh.gif laugh.gif , but just let me know when u need me to come up, i just started a new job so just let me know a few days in advanced, and im in gulf shores alabama till the 5th lol, but the beach is about 50 degrees, not "beach weather" kindasad.gif

This post has been edited by 96stgreendemon: Dec 30, 2009 - 11:25 AM

--------------------

post Dec 30, 2009 - 11:54 AM
+Quote Post
Bigblock

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 14, '09
From Mid West
Currently Offline

96stgreendemon-Great find on a sweet Celica!! It's looking good!!
post Jan 3, 2010 - 9:46 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

So something awesome happened today, i spent a week in alabama and left my car home, when i get home i find this, hood and spoiler painted, new spark plugs, new valve cover gasket and a toyota window decal biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Jan 3, 2010 - 10:08 PM
+Quote Post
marco-polo

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 13, '08
From San Antonio, Tx
Currently Offline

great progression!!!

love the gts rims!!!!
post Jan 4, 2010 - 12:36 AM
+Quote Post
Euphoria

Enthusiast
Joined May 6, '08
From Lisarow, NSW, Australia
Currently Offline

haha wish I had parents that did stuff like that.
post Jan 4, 2010 - 12:48 AM
+Quote Post
johnnehh

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From Oakley, CA
Currently Offline

That's awesome! Haha.

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica GT (GT4 conversion) - SOLD :(
2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro - Daily Driver
post Jan 4, 2010 - 1:28 AM
+Quote Post
whatthe

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 13, '08
From Australia
Currently Offline

That is if not one of the best things parents could do. Man your smile on your face must of been oceans wide.

--------------------
post Jan 4, 2010 - 2:05 AM
+Quote Post
laff09

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 28, '06
From Delaware
Currently Offline

Merry christmas, thats great.
post Jan 4, 2010 - 6:15 AM
+Quote Post
MrAyasli

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 19, '09
From Sydney
Currently Offline

Lucky you.

It's looking good. smile.gif

--------------------
post Jan 4, 2010 - 6:58 AM
+Quote Post
JoKeRkId613

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 25, '03
From Miami, FL
Currently Offline

thats very cool of your parents.

--------------------
IPB Image
post Jan 4, 2010 - 8:17 AM
+Quote Post
Keiri

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '04
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

Great update and fantastic Christmas present!

Hope to see more from you.

--------------------
Has no more Celicas
post Jan 4, 2010 - 10:02 AM
+Quote Post
CastrolCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 27, '09
From Columbus, Ohio
Currently Offline

Hey Kyle! Wow talk about a Merry Christmas, huh!? The car looks MUCH better....though I guess I need to make you a new signature now though, right? haha

Don't worry, I'm used to it. Not that many people notice, but I've gone through 6 variations for mine alone haha.

But yea, your car seriously looks like a little green demon now. It's freakin gorgeous. One concern though.. PLEASE find another car to drive while your paint cures. Salt from the snow storms outside will severely damage it!

This post has been edited by CastrolCelica: Jan 4, 2010 - 10:04 AM

--------------------
post Jan 4, 2010 - 10:19 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

ha ha i dont have another car to drive, maybe i can get my girlfriend to cart my assa round, how long will it take it to cure?

--------------------

post Jan 4, 2010 - 10:23 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

yeah my parents are freaking amazing, i was coming home with my girlfriend from a trip to alabama for 2 weeks, i get home and open the garage door to go upstairs and i see this, i almost pissed myself i was so suprised, my parents and my grandparents were hiding down there waiting for me to get there and video taped the whole thing, im pretty sure i was jumping up and down and screaming like a teenagge girl, but hey its freaking awesome, the few thinks that were flaws with my car are finally gone now, and she is show quality, i love it, and am afraid to drive her lol

--------------------

post Jan 4, 2010 - 10:40 AM
+Quote Post
CastrolCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 27, '09
From Columbus, Ohio
Currently Offline

Haha, that's so nice smile.gif. I'm glad you had a great Christmas.

Regarding your paint, can you find out if they did a single stage enamel or a base/clear? That's important to know. The base/clear cures MUCH faster, but if they did what I did, and just did a really nice durable single stage enamel, than you're looking at 3 weeks minimum for cure time.. and that's in warm weather. Cold weather will make it go slower.

I chose single stage because white Celicas were done with that originally, so I wanted to keep it all the same. Your green color, like the red, is a base/clear. But it doesn't mean that's what they used to paint your hood and spoiler.

Either way salt and water for that matter are horrible for a curing paint job. It will not only discolor your paint (because it soaks into the curing paint) but it might actually chip off as well since the paint is weak. Curing paint is like a sponge. While 3 weeks is the magical mark for single stage enamel, 2 weeks is safe in non-road salt water. The best thing you can do is garage it, especially in weather such as this. I'd beg your gf to "cart your ass around" haha if I were you.

Anywho, it looks great and enjoy it.

This post has been edited by CastrolCelica: Jan 4, 2010 - 10:41 AM

--------------------
post Jan 6, 2010 - 8:38 PM
+Quote Post
whatthe

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 13, '08
From Australia
Currently Offline

Does your rear badge say "STX" ?

--------------------
post Jan 6, 2010 - 11:03 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

ha ha yes, yes, took it off a 5th gen coupe at the junk yard

--------------------

post Feb 11, 2010 - 10:02 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

so the past few weeks i have been ordering some parts and getting othhers ready, i plan on having my car built to a replica ssiii by the summer, i am still waiting on splitters form vince, and rears from dustin15brown, and a hell of a deal on skirts from straightthuggin4ya, and my short shifter, monday all my classes were cancelled so i was able to get some work done, i got my clear side markers on as well as putting my alpine type s speakers in the back, still waiting on the front, but i will have pics up soon.... stay tuned for more

--------------------

post Feb 11, 2010 - 11:36 AM
+Quote Post
benzo

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 23, '09
From Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

nice progress yo!!
post Feb 13, 2010 - 12:15 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

k so i got up early today and put the short throw in, let me just say it was a big pain in the ass but o so worth it, also got my speakers in yesterday as well as my skirts, so i just have to put the front speakers in soon and get the side skirts fitted soon, but as asked for here are all the pics, please excuse how dirty the car is, it has been snowing non stop up here
this is the repaired spot that was fixed
these are the old amber markers
these are the clears

this is how the subs were run before, i re ran the rcas down the other side now so there is no interferience

old shifter
the new short throw, no i did not hack it off, it twas a kit
and the new skirts
[/quote]

This post has been edited by 96stgreendemon: Feb 13, 2010 - 12:17 PM

--------------------

post Feb 14, 2010 - 6:35 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

Nice progress! Can't wait to see it in person..hopefully at the spring meet!
I'm looking everywhere for 7gc rims..no one seems to have any around here..

--------------------
post Feb 26, 2010 - 10:45 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

so i have aquired some parts over the past few weeks so i thought i would show you all my progress
this is the repaired spot that was fixed
these are the old amber markers
these are the clears

this is how the subs were run before, i re ran the rcas down the other side now so there is no interferience

old shifter
the new short throw, no i did not hack it off, it twas a kit
and the new skirts
[/quote]

Just a test fit, few pics of them

skirts, they may need some work to fit

painted and then sanded back down due to cheetah pattern

gun and setup i was using

this is after the second coat

[/quote]

so this is the progress over the past few weeks, this is why i have not been as active on here

--------------------

post Feb 26, 2010 - 11:51 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Listen, I can tell you're proud of your modifications...but please put the correct car in your profile, you DON'T have an SS-III.

Having said that, nice progress. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Feb 26, 2010 - 11:52 AM
+Quote Post
Bigblock

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 14, '09
From Mid West
Currently Offline

You do good work!! Skirts & splitters look pro!!
Anxious to see the final results....!
post Feb 26, 2010 - 11:53 AM
+Quote Post
johnnehh

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From Oakley, CA
Currently Offline

Looking good! Can't wait to see it all put together. Gives me something to look forward to smile.gif

--------------------
post Feb 26, 2010 - 12:05 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

ha ha and yeah i cannot wait to get them on, just gotta wait for the paint to cure and then mount them,
and ferdi, its an SSIII to me

--------------------

post Feb 26, 2010 - 12:59 PM
+Quote Post
Tech-Nics

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '08
Currently Offline

Dude! I love your car man. You are really getting some where now. That color is freaking awesome. If you shaved off those front USDM fender lights on the side. It would look super sicker. Can't wait to see the SS-III lip kit on man. Awesome paint job too on the side skirts. You need to get some mud flaps. I've seen those rally mud flaps with the lip kit and it looks sex x4. I got my GT4 front end done. I'll send you some pics when it stops snowing every freaking day. Your car's color flow 100% with the 2k GTS Celica rims.
post Feb 26, 2010 - 2:16 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

thankyou very much, i have put alot of work into making those look good, i love the positive feedback, and i wanna see your gt4 front end

--------------------

post Feb 26, 2010 - 2:25 PM
+Quote Post
benzo

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 23, '09
From Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Feb 26, 2010 - 12:51 PM) *
Listen, I can tell you're proud of your modifications...but please put the correct car in your profile, you DON'T have an SS-III.

Having said that, nice progress. thumbsup.gif

cough cough haaater cough cough

nice progress yo!! and I agree with that guy up there ^ your paint work looks really good
post Feb 26, 2010 - 3:49 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

thankyou, i primed and sanded them over and over again to fill spots and scratches

--------------------

post Feb 28, 2010 - 8:35 PM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

I agree with Ferdi.

If only you had a chance to drive a REAL SS-III (or a Celica with Superstrut & LSD conversion and a 200BHP 3S-GE motor) lol.

Try going 60mph around a hairpin in your ST or GT with your foot flat. LOL then come back and tell us it's an SS-III.

Sorry to kill your buzz but your bodykit doesn't make a GT into SS-III spec, but rather an 1998 facelift lookalike.

Just as though a Ferrari Enzo bodykit doesn't make an MR2 anymore than an MR2 Enzo lookalike, you'd be a laughing stock if you took such a thing to a Ferrari meet.

On another note, props for getting some OEM style extensions that I like, atleast you have taste smile.gif

--------------------
Mike W
1996 Toyota Celica ST205 GT-FOUR
GT2860RS turbine, TiAL mvr44, JE 86.5φ piston, Clutchmasters FX400, APEX P-FC
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Mar 5, 2010 - 12:09 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

So i got the rear splitters installed i sold the skirts because i needed the money but hopefully i can get some new ones soon, but here are the splitters

--------------------

post Mar 18, 2010 - 4:46 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

so got a little update for everyone, after selling the skirts and paying my bills i got a rather large paycheck my way, so i found myself some oem side skirts, listen to the best part, they were only 140 shipped to my house, thanks to decalsondemand, he told me about them having the skirts on car-part.com, so after a few places fell through i lucked out and found a place in alabama that shipped them to me, and let me tell you these things are in great conditoin, just gotta sand them down, paint, and install, will have some pics up as soon as i can

--------------------

post Mar 19, 2010 - 12:33 AM
+Quote Post
Tech-Nics

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '08
Currently Offline

^^^ Can't wait to see this! then all you need are the front ones to finish and you got your self a SS-III in a awesome rare OEM paint color.
post Mar 19, 2010 - 8:28 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

yup i have the front splitters ready to paint, gotta sand down the skirts and then prime them and paint them, then the hard part of putting them on ha ha

--------------------

post Mar 19, 2010 - 9:51 AM
+Quote Post
MrAyasli

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 19, '09
From Sydney
Currently Offline

Looking good. smile.gif

Are you going to remove your badges. It'll look neat.
Just a suggestion.

--------------------
post Mar 19, 2010 - 11:01 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

yeah i debadged the rear on sunday, but i put ssiii logos on it ha ha

Edit: o yeah i went out this morning and bought my paint aand clearcoat, priming them tonight and the paint will be sprayed hopefully tomorrow morning

This post has been edited by 96stgreendemon: Mar 19, 2010 - 11:05 AM

--------------------

post Mar 19, 2010 - 1:18 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (delusionz @ Feb 28, 2010 - 9:35 PM) *
Try going 60mph around a hairpin in your ST or GT with your foot flat. LOL then come back and tell us it's an SS-III.

i can do that smile.gif

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Mar 23, 2010 - 6:50 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

so i found myself having some spare time today so i used it to finally compleate my ssiii replica, front splitters installed as well as oem skirts on her, but unfourtinately i will not be able to lower her anytime soon due to my driveway, will have pics up soon

--------------------

post Mar 23, 2010 - 6:53 PM
+Quote Post
johnnehh

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From Oakley, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Mar 23, 2010 - 7:50 PM) *
so i found myself having some spare time today so i used it to finally compleate my ssiii replica, front splitters installed as well as oem skirts on her, but unfourtinately i will not be able to lower her anytime soon due to my driveway, will have pics up soon

NO excuses for not lowering! Park that sucker on the street! tongue.gif

Jk, can't wait for pics thumbsup.gif

--------------------
post Mar 23, 2010 - 7:24 PM
+Quote Post
Bigblock

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 14, '09
From Mid West
Currently Offline

Hey 96stgreendemon--

Man I'm glad for you to get this stuff installed!!
Are you doing your own prep & paint? Looking good!!... thumbsup.gif
post Mar 23, 2010 - 8:33 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

yeah i did all of my own paint and install on all of my parts, pics will be up soon as i can find my camera and i get my computer back, im on an old ibookg4 right now so still trying to figure it out, but as for parking it on the street i live off the main road so there is no on street parking unless i walk a mile to and fro my car

--------------------

post Mar 23, 2010 - 9:04 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

So for your enjoyment, picccsss up!!

sorry about pic quality, took them with my phone

--------------------

post Mar 23, 2010 - 9:15 PM
+Quote Post
hatchy_gt-s

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 16, '07
From covington, KY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Mar 19, 2010 - 6:18 PM) *
QUOTE (delusionz @ Feb 28, 2010 - 9:35 PM) *

i can do that smile.gif

X2
looking good dude.
If you need any help just hit me up I'm always down too. biggrin.gif
post Mar 23, 2010 - 10:28 PM
+Quote Post
mgnt232

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 16, '09
From New York
Currently Offline

Nice work!
Remember you joining 6gc! Look forward to some more mods wink.gif

--------------------
I've spilt my heart into this car :) And I don't ever plan to stop

- 6GC for Life -
>Semper Fi<

1994 Cupra :p 3sgte
1995 Celica ST DD
1969 Chevelle SS

alllll balls. P2 approved!
post Mar 25, 2010 - 11:25 PM
+Quote Post
JasonTX

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 1, '10
From TX
Currently Offline

nice work on the car man. your painting is impressive i'de be pleased if mine turns out half as nice as yours

--------------------
JN 3:16
--------------------------------------
post Mar 26, 2010 - 9:27 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

thank you, the painting is not as hard as you think, it all comes down to prep work, as long as you take your time and are not in a hurry it should turn out nicely

--------------------

post Mar 26, 2010 - 12:19 PM
+Quote Post
playr158

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '03
From NOVA
Currently Offline

looks great dude, keep up the excellent work smile.gif
post Mar 26, 2010 - 1:37 PM
+Quote Post
mak5603

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '08
From Seattle, WA
Currently Offline

I like that look with that color a lot, nice car man

--------------------
2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE
post Mar 26, 2010 - 3:53 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

looking good!
post Mar 30, 2010 - 7:20 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

so got some bad news today, after putting the kit on my car i was checking my oil and found out i have a crack in my exhaust manifold, so i was kinda pissed, then i got to thinking, and its looking like a good time for some headers, ordered some tonight, just not sure when they will be on

--------------------

post Mar 31, 2010 - 1:00 PM
+Quote Post
mak5603

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '08
From Seattle, WA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Mar 30, 2010 - 8:20 PM) *
so got some bad news today, after putting the kit on my car i was checking my oil and found out i have a crack in my exhaust manifold, so i was kinda pissed, then i got to thinking, and its looking like a good time for some headers, ordered some tonight, just not sure when they will be on

what headers you order?

--------------------
2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE
post Mar 31, 2010 - 3:35 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

what headers you order?
[/quote]

got the race guys headers

--------------------

post Apr 1, 2010 - 12:48 PM
+Quote Post
mak5603

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '08
From Seattle, WA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Mar 31, 2010 - 3:35 PM) *
what headers you order?

got the race guys headers

who's the race guy?

--------------------
2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE
post Apr 1, 2010 - 1:14 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

it was a brand on ebay, they are the 4-2-1 pipes and stainless
o and here are are some new pics i took this morning

--------------------

post Apr 1, 2010 - 2:03 PM
+Quote Post
mak5603

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '08
From Seattle, WA
Currently Offline

hot, im not going to say do it, but those rims powdercoated white would look filthy with that color

--------------------
2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE
post Apr 1, 2010 - 2:26 PM
+Quote Post
Tech-Nics

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '08
Currently Offline

^^^ Holy good God! Is there any other US Celica with this OEM color that looks this sexy???? Cause I haven't seen one yet...
post Apr 1, 2010 - 3:27 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

^^ ha ha not sure how they would look in white, if someone could photoshop it that would be great, and thankyou, this car has come a long long way from stock, now for some coils and a 4agze ha ha

--------------------

post Apr 1, 2010 - 4:31 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

Very nice pictures! I'm definitly gettin pictures with this car at the meet haha
my progress thread died when i lost my Celica funds to another toy. your car is coming along great!

--------------------
post Apr 2, 2010 - 11:04 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

ha ha awesome, i was gonna go the way you did with the trd but they just didnt do enough for the very front for me, but they look great on your car

--------------------

post Apr 3, 2010 - 9:22 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

im now the proud owner of a skunk2 catback smile.gif

--------------------

post Apr 3, 2010 - 11:17 PM
+Quote Post
johnnehh

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From Oakley, CA
Currently Offline

NICE!

--------------------
post Apr 4, 2010 - 1:46 PM
+Quote Post
TiGZ461

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 6, '09
From Bergen County,NJ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Apr 3, 2010 - 10:22 PM) *
im now the proud owner of a skunk2 catback smile.gif

Where'd you get your hands on it?

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica ST 25th Anni. Edition #461
post Apr 4, 2010 - 4:09 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

Was browsing eBay and it popped up

--------------------

post Apr 7, 2010 - 10:07 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

so i got the headers installed today after trying for 6 hours to do it on my own and just paid for it, the car actually sounds the same just about, but it does breathe better

--------------------

post Apr 7, 2010 - 10:09 PM
+Quote Post
garin

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 12, '07
From Lancaster, Pa
Currently Offline

lookin good! you need to lower it now!

--------------------
post Apr 8, 2010 - 6:01 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

i wish i could be lower, but my driveway will not allow for it, i almost scrape now as it is

--------------------

post Jun 4, 2010 - 6:20 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

ok people so i have some updates for you some big and some small
replaced spark plugs and wires the other day
ordered my coilovers about a week or 2 ago
towsrus endlinks sitting in my room
washed my engine bay
cleaned my air filter
and last but not least i painted the drums and the calipers all the way around pics up soon

--------------------

post Jun 4, 2010 - 7:04 AM
+Quote Post
whatthe

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 13, '08
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Apr 9, 2010 - 9:01 AM) *
i wish i could be lower, but my driveway will not allow for it, i almost scrape now as it is

Pics of this driveway

--------------------
post Jun 4, 2010 - 1:53 PM
+Quote Post
sunwukongg

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 10, '08
From Socal, OC
Currently Offline

QUOTE (whatthe @ Jun 4, 2010 - 8:04 AM) *
QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Apr 9, 2010 - 9:01 AM) *

Pics of this driveway

x2
post Jun 4, 2010 - 3:25 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

look in the pics above, will take some more tomorow

--------------------

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 16th, 2024 - 6:06 AM