> CV axle wont snap in, Like it says
post Dec 11, 2010 - 2:46 PM
+Quote Post
csscza

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '10
From Ft Worth
Currently Offline

So the son and I replaced the cv axle and we cant get it to snap in and keeps coming out. The one we took out was snapped in to place hard so I cant figure out y this on wont. It si a reman. so could the length of the splines be different or Trans be giving out and just to loose to snap in or? Not sure just guessin now Any help is appreciated. Might just be better to rebuild tranny. any thoughts? Thanx
post Dec 12, 2010 - 8:49 AM
+Quote Post
Spider77

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 17, '08
From JB MDL, NJ
Currently Offline

You rebuilt cv, it has a snap ring on it?
post Dec 12, 2010 - 9:16 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Spider77 @ Dec 12, 2010 - 7:49 AM) *
You rebuilt cv, it has a snap ring on it?

x2

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 13, 2010 - 3:51 PM
+Quote Post
csscza

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '10
From Ft Worth
Currently Offline

yeah at thsplines
post Dec 13, 2010 - 6:03 PM
+Quote Post
Spider77

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 17, '08
From JB MDL, NJ
Currently Offline

Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but when you putting in the half shaft, the snap ring, its facing up? I know I read that somewhere that it needs to be facing in that direction (there is a write up on here about it).....I followed that guide when installing mine and had no problems. Went right in and held!
post Dec 13, 2010 - 7:11 PM
+Quote Post
csscza

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '10
From Ft Worth
Currently Offline

I thought it said to be open down think something that simpl;e could sto it from snapping in? Might. Im going to take it off tomorrow and redo. I think my tranny is shot also. MIght redo the whole thing:(
post Dec 13, 2010 - 8:24 PM
+Quote Post
Spider77

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 17, '08
From JB MDL, NJ
Currently Offline

Yeah, it does say open side down......huh. I did mine open side up and it went in no problem. Its a snap ring, and I cant really say how it being a certain direction or not would hurt it. I've had no problems since the install.
post Dec 14, 2010 - 9:56 AM
+Quote Post
perkyshadow

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 13, '10
From Greenville, SC
Currently Offline

We just did the drivers side CV axle in my '96 ragtop. We couldn't get it to snap in at first. We used a heavy hammer (10 pounds) to lightly tap, but to no avail. So we got serious and used a sledgehammer. Wacked it a couple of times, and it clicked right in! (It's not like he just went crazy or anything; my buddy just got a little more leverage and power into the taps.) I was a little nervous about using so much force, but it's been absolutely fine the last three weeks! So... Maybe you need to "convince" it a little bit more?
post Dec 15, 2010 - 8:54 AM
+Quote Post
csscza

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '10
From Ft Worth
Currently Offline

thats exactly what I was wondering Im going to try it. Thanx for responding. As soon as I get this done I m probably going to rebuild my tranny anyway. Time to whack a axle!!! laugh.gif

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 1:41 AM