6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sunroof Drainage?, Sunroof Drain lines?
post Apr 19, 2012 - 4:15 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Help!

Yesterday I had my car parked facing up the hill in front of my house when It was raining. When I drove off the gutter to drive back in the driveway, a couple of liters of water suddenly splashed down my back from the roof. I was shocked, and got out of my car to inspect. The sunroof (factory fitted) was closed properly, and none of the interior or roof lining was wet (other than what I saw drop).

I have owned the car for a couple of months now, and I have not had any other trouble with it - but I don't recall it raining when it was parked in that position before.

From my research on the Internet, I thought it might be one of the sunroof drainage hoses. The way the car was parked, any water that got in would have pooled at the back on the driver side (right side over here), which is where the water splashed me from... So I was thinking that drain might be clogged.

I read just to hit that corner with an air compressed, but I do not really know how the drainage system really works, so I was just wondering if anybody had any pics or diagrams of what it looks like up there? Or any other ideas as to what might be happening and how to fix it?

Thank you,
Joshua smile.gif

Note: Car is a 1997 Celica ZR manual with factory fitted power tilt and slide sunroof.

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!
post Apr 19, 2012 - 10:18 AM
+Quote Post
Arsaces

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '10
Currently Offline

Hey Joshua,

I have had this same problem, and what I did was take off my headliner to make the process 100x easier. Once the headliner is off, you will easily see the 4 drainage hoses connected to the sunroof (2 front 2 rear), just pull them off and clear the hose however you see fit (I used some spare 8 gauge audio wire I had laying around). Make sure that water is flowing freely through all 4 hoses before reinstalling the headliner (no point taking it off and then only doing 1 line).

-Nate

This post has been edited by Arsaces: Apr 19, 2012 - 10:18 AM
post Apr 19, 2012 - 10:53 AM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

have same issue that why i always park it facing down hill in case of rain (and if battery dead i can let it roll to turn it on) but check your trunk sides like behind the left and right plastics if there pools of water. i am going to drill a small hole in the back undersides where ive seen water accumulate (on the passenger side its the little area where you keep the car jack behind the little compartment) and make it so it has some drainage. you could just stick your hand in there and see if there is water for me there constantly is.

--------------------
*Thing i want for my car(i wish i had money)*
-full gt4 front end conversion (DONE :) JUST NEEDS PAINT(next on to do list) -new seats all around
-riser blocks -fog lights -new radio and speakers all around
-full bodykit splitters and sideskirts to go with conversion (just needs fitting and painting)
-nice rims (Got TC rims and painted them white)
-light blue tint (next step will do this right after i get my paint job)
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Apr 21, 2012 - 2:49 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Hey,

Thank you both for your fast responses.

I was trying to see if I could get away with out having to remove my headliner, but maybe that is the best thing to do.

And thank you spy00005 for the heads up about the rear compartments. I checked this arvo and they were dry, but it hasn't rained here for a couple of days so I will keep my eyes on it.

I'm still keen if anybody has pics / diagrams for how it all works up there too, if somebody has them smile.gif

Thank you,
Joshua smile.gif

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 5:26 AM