> My New Celica GT, The Purple Peril
post Mar 7, 2015 - 2:09 PM
+Quote Post
Nial

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 25, '08
From England
Currently Offline

As you may be aware I have been looking for a GT to buy to fill the gap in my life by not having a functioning GT4 smile.gif

I have been looking for about a month now and at last found this one.

Not without its problems......namely a f*in huge fuel leak. But it turned out to be a rotten fuel filler pipe which should be an easy fix smile.gif

Other than that its in remarkably good condition, the paintwork is spot on, the interior is completely unmarked other than a couple of mysterious screw holes above the radio. It did have OEM side skirts fitted but I have removed those already....not a fan. there are 5 aftermarket multispoke alloys, but those will be sold and the old wheels from my GT4 fitted. small areas of rust which will easily be sorted. Overall I am very pleased, underpowered compared to a GT4 but it dose cruise nicely, i think coilovers or lowering springs should improve things alot, other than the alloys it is completely standard, it will stay that way for the time being.

Tomorrow it will get a good clean and polish, maybe an oil change and a good check over. smile.gif

--------------------
My Facebook GT4 Build page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GT4Rebuild
post Mar 7, 2015 - 5:01 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

If mine had been this colour I'd have kept it most likely.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 12, 2015 - 3:08 PM
+Quote Post
Nial

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 25, '08
From England
Currently Offline

Well, a couple of days I to it and I have mixed emotions, the underside of the doors are very rusty, beyond repair, it looks like I may have managed to source another pair smile.gif I can practice spray painting on them in preparation for spraying the project car smile.gif

The exhaust needs replacing.

I have started wet sanding the paintwork, it's coming up very well smile.gif

My old 18" Faff wheels will be sent off and powder coated white.

I have put a spare gt4 rear strut brace on smile.gif

I need to replace the drivers side front door speaker...no biggy.

The replacement fuel filler pipe turned up so I have given it a coat of por15, will fit it at the weekend smile.gif

Next week a good service, oil change, fuel filter change, new coolant, new filters etc.

Finish polishing it and clean it. The engine bay needs a good going over.

I have polished the front indicators as they had gone dull, I will polish the rear lights. Refit the sunroof as it whistles.

Next decision is to either go for coilovers or updated shocks and lowering springs, price will decide that one!

--------------------
My Facebook GT4 Build page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GT4Rebuild

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 9:04 PM