> Buying a 6th Gen GT, Some advise
post Jun 17, 2016 - 2:07 PM
+Quote Post
Ad1440

Enthusiast

Joined Jun 17, '16
From Norwich
Currently Offline

Hi guys I don't currently own a Celica, however I would like to get a 6th gen GT (not ST or GT4), I would like to know best websites to look at, what to look for when viewing ect... Also having issues with some mega expensive insurance quotes (with suspension mods and alloys £3500!!) though im 21 with 4 years no claims. Any help or advise would be appreciated, thanks! biggrin.gif
post Jun 17, 2016 - 4:19 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Really the only thing specific to the car is the third gear synchronizer can start to grind when downshifting, the rest is pretty much the usual used car stuff. As far as where to look eBay and whatever online sales bulletins with local ads you have. Not sure how insurance is done where you are, but in the U.S. you can run basic coverage versus full coverage which is a fair amount less expensive.

This post has been edited by Box: Jun 17, 2016 - 4:19 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 17, 2016 - 5:27 PM
+Quote Post
Nial

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 25, '08
From England
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Ad1440 @ Jun 17, 2016 - 3:07 PM) *
Hi guys I don't currently own a Celica, however I would like to get a 6th gen GT (not ST or GT4), I would like to know best websites to look at, what to look for when viewing ect... Also having issues with some mega expensive insurance quotes (with suspension mods and alloys £3500!!) though im 21 with 4 years no claims. Any help or advise would be appreciated, thanks! biggrin.gif

Look on celica-club.co.uk as there are loads of young lads with celicas who could point you in the direction of cheaper insurance.

--------------------
My Facebook GT4 Build page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GT4Rebuild

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 10:02 AM