> POSCelica's - 95 GT, My build thread
post Jul 27, 2016 - 8:51 PM
+Quote Post
poscelica

Enthusiast

Joined Jul 25, '16
From Dallas, TX
Currently Offline

Hello guys, I am new to the 6gc Forum (as far as posting). I've been lurking the forums on and off since 2009 when I was deciding what car to get. It was between a 6th gen Celica or a 3rd Gen Integra. I love both because they're lift backs and more importantly the "bug eyes". I ended up going with an Integra back then. Fast forward 7 years later and I finally bought a 6th gen Celica. This is a project car that my buddy and I will be working on. I bought it off of Craigslist over the weekend for just $450.00. Yes FOUR-FIFTY. It is a 5 speed, engine and tranny or pretty good though the car needs ALOT of work. The car does have a Texas rebuilt salvage title, the guy I bought it from sold it because he tried changing the spark plug wires when he noticed he ripped one of the wires and got stuck inside the engine. So without a further ado here are some pics of when I she was brought home. (Towed her 30 miles from Caddo Mills, TX to my buddies house in Plano)

Dent on the right side near door

Dent on the left side door

Rear bumper is trashed, will be getting a new one.

This post has been edited by poscelica: Jul 27, 2016 - 9:42 PM
post Jul 30, 2016 - 8:23 AM
+Quote Post
poscelica

Enthusiast

Joined Jul 25, '16
From Dallas, TX
Currently Offline

So I recently went to Pick N Pull and picked up a rear bumper, the piece that goes above the rear bumper and between the Taillights (not sure what it'd specifically called), and lastly I needed some headrest since the car didn't have any when I bought it. I picked up some leather ones off of a convertible the had.

My buddy and I got under the hood, took apart the exhaust manifold and found out the precat is clogged up. We took off the whole exhaust and noticed the catalytic converter is also clogged. So I'm going to need to get a new precat, catalytic converter and I might as well get a new exhaust sytem. Can you guys recommend me a good exhaust?

post Jul 30, 2016 - 8:31 AM
+Quote Post
poscelica

Enthusiast

Joined Jul 25, '16
From Dallas, TX
Currently Offline

rsvp
post Jul 30, 2016 - 11:53 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Since you don't have anything to lose anyway you can take your cats and soak them in hot water with Dawn or some other degreaser like Mean Green or Purple Power then wash them out and you can get them cleared out well enough again. Won't hurt them and it'll get the deposits out, only thing is your exhaust will smell soapy for a little while.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 31, 2016 - 7:31 AM
+Quote Post
poscelica

Enthusiast

Joined Jul 25, '16
From Dallas, TX
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 30, 2016 - 12:53 PM) *
Since you don't have anything to lose anyway you can take your cats and soak them in hot water with Dawn or some other degreaser like Mean Green or Purple Power then wash them out and you can get them cleared out well enough again. Won't hurt them and it'll get the deposits out, only thing is your exhaust will smell soapy for a little while.

Thanks! I'll give that a try

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:26 AM