post Aug 23, 2016 - 8:18 PM
+Quote Post
Oreo20

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 27, '14
From Houston
Currently Offline

I want to hear from y'all out let me know
All these questions I want to you guys to rate from 1 to 10 and why.

1. Overall construction of the 5sfe and the 7Afe engine not talking about hp but realiblity

2. Overall style of the Toyota Celica

3. Overall MPG of your veichle

4. Overall Control of the veichle suspension wise

5. Rating for the 90's car interior lol
post Aug 23, 2016 - 9:29 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Meh, why not. Everything said will be in relation to other cars of the time:

1. 7A-FE 8/10. All in all a reliable engine, but the notorious stuck oil rings are its downfall. Yes technically that's more due to owners not changing oil often enough, but that's most any engine and not all of them get stuck rings.

2. 9/10. Out of all the FWD sport coupes it's the best looking to me. A few small things I'd have done different but that's most any car.

3. 9/10. Even though I got 36-40 mpg out of mine there are a few more cars with about the same straight line performance that got a few more miles to the gallon.

4. 10/10. I never drove one stock as I got it from my uncle with the Tein springs and KYB struts already done, but with just those the handling was very good. I can only imagine how much better it'd been with some high performance 16" summer tires.

5. 9/10. Interior is pretty nice for the kind of car it was. Really only something out of Lexus or other high end cars would be better.

I'd buy another, and almost did there for awhile. I'd like to buy a GT-Four once they start making their way into the states.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 25, 2016 - 5:03 PM
+Quote Post
trdproven

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 2, '05
From Guam
Currently Offline

1. Overall construction of the 5sfe and the 7Afe engine not talking about hp but realiblity - 9/10 Pretty well built probably one of the better ones built as early as 94. i drove a 5sfe to 300k miles

2. Overall style of the Toyota Celica - 9/10 even some cars today don't even look as good

3. Overall MPG of your veichle - 8/10 original state was ok

4. Overall Control of the veichle suspension wise - 10/10 never had any problems

5. Rating for the 90's car interior lol - 10/10 probably advanced for the year, similar to mr2 and supra, probably nicer than many of that era.

--------------------
94 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tom's|Competition Clutch|5Zigen|Apexi|
|Laille/Beatrush|Magnecor|Denso|Royal Purple|Optima|PIAA|PW JDM|Megan Racing|Nitto|
|Work|Greddy|Samco|Project Mu|H&R|Gates|Moog|Rota|Yokohama|Epman|1320|Upgr8
04 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tein|BC Racing|Greddy|

89 Supra (Sold)
90 Supra (Sold)
post Aug 25, 2016 - 5:28 PM
+Quote Post
955SFE

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '13
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

#1 5sfe- 6/10- Worn out valve stem seals even though oil is religiously changed. Very noisy i4.

#2 8/10- Very nice style. It would have been nice if it was smaller.

#3 8/10- MPG is okay.

#4 7/10 - Its okay. I have a few suspension mods and there was a time where a SUV was keeping up with me in a Canyon Road. I am pretty sure, newer, heavier cars wouldn't have a problem either in keeping up.

#5 10/10 Best Interior I've sat on so far...

Right now I am saving up money for a 350z. More power and more well balanced vehicle.

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 6th, 2024 - 11:28 AM