> best coils for my 94, coilovers
post Dec 4, 2016 - 1:03 AM
+Quote Post
finalate

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 16, '11
From california
Currently Offline

Im looking to start racing with my baby. What are the best coilovers for my 94 st?

This post has been edited by finalate: Dec 4, 2016 - 1:04 AM
post Dec 4, 2016 - 1:18 AM
+Quote Post
HardHead93

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 7, '15
From New Mexico
Currently Offline

QUOTE (finalate @ Dec 4, 2016 - 2:03 AM) *
Im looking to start racing with my baby. What are the best coilovers for my 94 st?

I am using some Ground Control coilovers with some KYB Excel Gs and I love them. My car barely has any body roll with them.

Look at the June 9th entry in this thread.
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=96700&st=0

This post has been edited by HardHead93: Dec 4, 2016 - 3:52 PM
post Dec 4, 2016 - 9:54 AM
+Quote Post
bryanf

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 26, '12
From Atlanta
Currently Offline

I'm really happy with my Megan Street Series Coilovers.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=96454

--------------------
post Dec 5, 2016 - 11:15 AM
+Quote Post
finalate

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 16, '11
From california
Currently Offline

QUOTE (HardHead93 @ Dec 4, 2016 - 1:18 AM) *

I am using some Ground Control coilovers with some KYB Excel Gs and I love them. My car barely has any body roll with them.

So you have what could in the front and kyb struts in the rear ? Interesting
post Dec 5, 2016 - 5:17 PM
+Quote Post
HardHead93

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 7, '15
From New Mexico
Currently Offline

QUOTE (finalate @ Dec 5, 2016 - 11:15 AM) *
QUOTE (HardHead93 @ Dec 4, 2016 - 1:18 AM) *

So you have what could in the front and kyb struts in the rear ? Interesting

I have KYB struts on all 4 corners and Ground Control coilovers on all of them as well. Ground Control uses Eibach for the springs in their coilover setup.

This post has been edited by HardHead93: Dec 5, 2016 - 5:18 PM
post Dec 5, 2016 - 8:47 PM
+Quote Post
VavAlephVav

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 3, '13
From Missourah
Currently Offline

That sett up (ground control coilovers) will give you the ability to adjust the ride-height, but no ability to adjust the damper force and no way to adjust the camber angle.

If you get a real set of coilovers (Megan, BC, Tein are the most popular) you will have full adjustment of the ride-height, damper force, and camber angle.
If you want Racing performance for the Track then you should go ahead and spend some dough on a nice set.
They'll run you $800-$1200, but if you want to Race then that's what you should do.

--------------------
Bust a Deal; Face the Wheel.
post Dec 6, 2016 - 9:43 AM
+Quote Post
HardHead93

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 7, '15
From New Mexico
Currently Offline

QUOTE (VavAlephVav @ Dec 5, 2016 - 9:47 PM) *
That sett up (ground control coilovers) will give you the ability to adjust the ride-height, but no ability to adjust the damper force and no way to adjust the camber angle.

If you get a real set of coilovers (Megan, BC, Tein are the most popular) you will have full adjustment of the ride-height, damper force, and camber angle.
If you want Racing performance for the Track then you should go ahead and spend some dough on a nice set.
They'll run you $800-$1200, but if you want to Race then that's what you should do.

VavAlephVav is correct. I chose this set up because I was not planning on doing many adjustments to my suspension. Also, I wanted a coilover I could reuse when/if I need to change out my struts. If I install the KYBs myself I am only out $200 for all 4 corners and I keep my performance coilovers. You have to weigh adjustability vs cost when you make your decision.
post Dec 6, 2016 - 12:58 PM
+Quote Post
ILoveMySilly97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '12
From Hanford/Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

BC coilovers! They're rebuildable and customizable! I have Megan racing but bc are next on my list.

--------------------
post Dec 25, 2016 - 3:30 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

bc coilovers have two different levels for the 6gc. one is street entry and the later is track purpose only. the track version doesn't allow for rebound adjustment. the K-Sport have models that allow for rebound adjustment as well as rear camber plates. Most places will give you the option of changing to swift springs on your BC Set up. good luck. There is a member up in reseda that tracks his car. i plan on taking mine sometime before the summer.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Dec 26, 2016 - 3:23 PM
+Quote Post
HectortheRican

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '09
From Albuquerque, NM
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Dec 25, 2016 - 2:30 PM) *
bc coilovers have two different levels for the 6gc. one is street entry and the later is track purpose only. the track version doesn't allow for rebound adjustment. the K-Sport have models that allow for rebound adjustment as well as rear camber plates. Most places will give you the option of changing to swift springs on your BC Set up. good luck. There is a member up in reseda that tracks his car. i plan on taking mine sometime before the summer.

What's the advantage for swift springs vs the springs that the BC coils normally come with?

--------------------
taking too long to mod since '09
June '12 COTM
'95 AT200
post Dec 26, 2016 - 6:04 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Those springs are supposed to be the ohlins of best suspension just as brembo are the best for brake systems. But how much of a sudden they make, not sure. Search on nasioc forum there's someone there who has experience with swift

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Dec 26, 2016 - 6:13 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:18 PM