Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5sfe compression
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
fastgt
i know this has been asked somewhere but i cant seem to find it....but does anyone know what the compression is supposed to be at for out motors.....and whats considered low and unsafe?
recneps
im pretty sure its around 60 and anything more than 10 over or under that is bad.
chucho
i belive 9.5:1 is the compression, 8.5:1 is what you can buy for the low compression setups for turbos, if your talking pistons
recneps
wait are you talking about the compression ratio or when your doing a compression test?
fastgt
my bad...i mean compression test....why is it bad if its over?
recneps
i think i had the right idea i just worded it wrong. all pistons should be within 10 of each other. and i think they should still be around 60.

hopefully someone with a little more knowledge will jump in here.
pxcr440
i just tested mine the other day and it was 150 across the board
pxcr440
its liek 25% from highest to lowest and should be after 4 or 5 cranks atleast
rjbibeau
you can squirt like 2-3 drops of oil in there and the pressure will increase if you have good compression if you don't have good compression it won't increase
OOBE
I'll chime in with my compression test, even though it's a 7A-FE but maybe someone will find it useful. It was 211, 210, 210, 210 before turbo, After turbo is 211, 210, 90, 210. tongue.gif
rjbibeau
90 ohh man that's way low
97sccelica
QUOTE (rjbibeau @ Sep 13, 2004 - 7:37 PM)
90 ohh man that's way low

heh

my number 2 piston was at 0psi

always, always upgrade the fuel pump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.