Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JDM Tails Help
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Exterior Styling
DSRT-FX
Hey guys!
Just need help with my JDM tails, do both the red parts in the tails turn on when the light is on? i've seen it on pics and mine isnt the same. I know they are 4 light bulbs 1 - Turn signal 1 - Reverse 2 - Red Parts. Im thinking it may be just my light bulbs or my wiring, what do you guys think? -R
Batman722
you are in AU, the wiring is different. The inner reds do not light up for you correct ? That is normal, the inner on the driver's side is for the standard euro rear fog.
Chanh55
Here's what mine looks like...

user posted image

When your lights are turned on, you should see total of 4 red strips, 2 on each side.

Hope that helps.
DSRT-FX
hey 6gc'rz
thanks for the replies, yes i am from AU, i do have the original wiring with me, although they are cut at the end. how hard is it to wire them up i really want the look of chanh55 jdm tails. thanks a bunch =] -R
dahoman9
QUOTE(Sthen @ Oct 25, 2004 - 3:49 AM)
you have to connect the white/green wire(stop light) to the black/red wire(rear for) using a diod, do you also put a diod between relais and rear fog light
[right][snapback]198791[/snapback][/right]

taken from the new custom look for JDM. I asked about it long ago before I got my JDM's but then I found out that my tails already does it when I got it in.
Kadett
Well if you ordered the complete wiring harness with the lights then you would have the 4 lights. I have it anyways. Replaced the old one. But fog light does not work anymore. Whos complaining smile.gif
Batman722
hey read this...

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25974&hl=fogs
ShadowFX
ive just updated that thread, with pics of what mine look like now. but yeah, our aus. celicas dont have both the red parts lighting up when headlights are on or braking, usually.
Bigmeanbulldog55
I don't know about the rest of you, but I have 3 lights light up on my taillights when I turn my lights on. I thought that was normal. Most of the time I just see people running 2 back there, I just thought they had 2 burnt out.
ShadowFX
yeah, apparently its a thing with australian cars.
CelicaZR
My one lights up all four

ShadowFX
haha.. good thing i put 'apparently'. i guess its only some. weird.
shin
both of mine lights up.. here's pics
user posted image
ShadowFX
weird. that doesnt look like mine at all. only half of each red section lights up.

user posted image
DSRT-FX
both of mine lights up.. here's pics
- thats because he has the JDM Tail Lights. Thats what i want mine to look like when i turn on my headlights, hmm might just go to an electrician unless someone can make a how-to on re-wiring the brake lights using a diode or whateva tongue.gif
CoSo
Shadow, your comparing the aussie taillights to the late spec JDMs, they're not the same in design. The difference between the aussie ones (which I think they might be the early spec JDMs) and the USDM ones is that:
a. Aussie tails don't have the red corners.
b. The inner half section doesn't light up as its not wired.

I believe in regards to the late spec JDM tails, either the 2 outer block section things lights up (as Fietsbel had before he rewired IIRC) or both light up.
Kadett
Didn't your JDM ligths come with wiring attached.
DSRT-FX
hey 6gc'rz,
i've fixed the problem with the inner rear red bulbs. i simply hardwired the existing light bulb with the one thats working, since my jdm tails wiring harness was **** thanks for the help guys tongue.gif -R
Batman722
QUOTE(DSRT-FX @ Aug 3, 2005 - 6:25 AM)
hey 6gc'rz,
i've fixed the problem with the inner rear red bulbs. i simply hardwired the existing light bulb with the one thats working, since my jdm tails wiring harness was **** thanks for the help guys  tongue.gif -R
[right][snapback]319869[/snapback][/right]

that would be the best and easiest way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.