Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifting
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Alan
To all 3SGTE swappers wink.gif, have any of you noticed the transmission of the S54 gearbox or any type of celica gearbox, are really really stiff!!!
Does any one have the same problem, if yes what can we do?
Kadett
Stiff as in the shifter wont go easy into the gears?
Alan
QUOTE(Kadett @ Jan 13, 2007 - 2:11 PM) [snapback]517617[/snapback]

Stiff as in the shifter wont go easy into the gears?

Yeap its like when the clutch is not disengaging with the flywheel
Kadett
Maybe your clutch cilinder (if the is the correct translated word) is leaking/broken. Happened to a fellow member here in holland. Had to really pump the clutch quick a few times before it disengaged. Replaced it and all good.
Alan
QUOTE(Kadett @ Jan 13, 2007 - 2:49 PM) [snapback]517622[/snapback]

Maybe your clutch cilinder (if the is the correct translated word) is leaking/broken. Happened to a fellow member here in holland. Had to really pump the clutch quick a few times before it disengaged. Replaced it and all good.

Thats my problem because my slave is 100% good no leaks, it is bleeded and still hard to shift, I finished the engine yesterday, and tryed it out today for the first time and I need fast response to shift, it 300BHP and seconed never goes in easyly,i dont want to break the gear box.

I have a feeling that the clutch isnt disengaging 100%, I will try and elongate the shaft of the slave, What you think?
Kadett
Problem with the release bearing?!
Alan
Everything is new including clutch and pressure plate fork and realese bearing, i thing its the throw of the slave, still not 100% though :@
tin_foil
Might be the flywheel bearing. I doubt this is the problem, but it could be. I replaced my friends clutch last summer, and when putting the transmission back on, the shaft wasn't allinged perfect, so when we bolted it down it cracked and screwed up the bearing. It caused the clutch to not be able to engage. I doubt that's your problem, but it could be. rolleyes.gif
Alan
QUOTE(tin_foil @ Jan 13, 2007 - 3:29 PM) [snapback]517634[/snapback]

Might be the flywheel bearing. I doubt this is the problem, but it could be. I replaced my friends clutch last summer, and when putting the transmission back on, the shaft wasn't allinged perfect, so when we bolted it down it cracked and screwed up the bearing. It caused the clutch to not be able to engage. I doubt that's your problem, but it could be. rolleyes.gif

Flywheel has no bearing, the bearing is connected to the crankshaft, wink.gif , and if the shaft is not aligned correctly there will be instant damage.
As I said I drove it today to its full power biggrin.gif no problems, just stiff gears.

Any more ideas ???
1994toyotaracer
have you checked the clutch master cylinder push rod gap? because if it isnt set right it wont allow the pressure plate to engage and disengage properly.
Alan
QUOTE(1994toyotaracer @ Jan 13, 2007 - 3:40 PM) [snapback]517636[/snapback]

have you checked the clutch master cylinder push rod gap? because if it isnt set right it wont allow the pressure plate to engage and disengage properly.

As the clutch system is fluid base not with any linkages, all the clearances are taken, In fact as i touch the clutch pedal, there is already some movment on the fork of the clutch.
Good suggestion but not the case :s

This Is a real problem specially for quater mile

Any other suggestion please this is really important!!!
tin_foil
QUOTE(Alan @ Jan 13, 2007 - 3:34 PM) [snapback]517635[/snapback]

Flywheel has no bearing, the bearing is connected to the crankshaft, wink.gif , and if the shaft is not aligned correctly there will be instant damage.
As I said I drove it today to its full power biggrin.gif no problems, just stiff gears.

Any more ideas ???

Good to know. I've never dug into a 3s tranny. My problem happened on my friends 94 teg. I know this is stupid, but you do have tranny oil in it, right? wink.gif
Alan
QUOTE(tin_foil @ Jan 14, 2007 - 3:28 AM) [snapback]517712[/snapback]

QUOTE(Alan @ Jan 13, 2007 - 3:34 PM) [snapback]517635[/snapback]

Any more ideas ???

Good to know. I've never dug into a 3s tranny. My problem happened on my friends 94 teg. I know this is stupid, but you do have tranny oil in it, right? wink.gif

smile.gif Yes I have,silkolene syn tran5 as I have the S54 tranny with viscous coupling, and afer about 3 hrs of mapping on the dyno It would of been fried with no fluid wink.gif heheh
Alan
Nobody can help no more suggestions?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.