Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hehe new project car/daily driver..
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3
presure2
so the shop behind ours at work be brought in this celica a few weeks ago, hit in the nose, bent up hood, bumper, and highbeams..i looked at it,..and thought, hmm, that'd be a cool project car..
i asked the guy about it a couple weeks ago, and he said, "gimme 300$, and its yours, parts are too expensive for it"...
needless to say, ill be picking it up next weekend.
once its fixed up a bit, it will replace my daily driver now, my 93 civic.
i figure what the hell, i work on enough celicas, only right i should be driving one daily!
the wifey drives the beast daily, and i drive it as well, but it will be nice to have my own now as well.
smile.gif
so its a 95 GT,185,000 miles. unfortunately, its an auto, but i figure, no biggie, it will be nice to teach my daughter to drive, (she recently got her permit) and later on,... not like ive never done a auto to manual conversion before! lol
run and drives quite well, even with the front end damage, hell, it didnt even damage the radiator, and it looks like it had recently been replaced! SCORE! lol
its Bright Iris Pearl ..i call it "burple" again, at least my daughter will approve, purple is her favorite color! laugh.gif
a couple pics as it sits:
the good:
IPB Image

the bad

IPB Image

the ugly

IPB Image

it even has the manuals

IPB Image

smile.gif
yay!
hey migga, at least you wont be the only one the girls point and laugh at for having an auto at the meets now!!
BWAHAHAHAH
Stogbob
Grats on the pick up smile.gif I'm sure you will fix it up well haha
goferris
airbags didn't even go off? nice find. what are your plans for her? you know you can't leave her stock. that just wouldn't be proper biggrin.gif
97lestyousay
That should buff out ok. lol
Nice find I was wondering if you got it.
supershannon77
Awesome Manny I cant wait to see what happens in the future with this baby....that celica is one lucky celica it got an awesome owner!!!

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hongkongnerdboy
whos your daddy biggrin.gif
presure2
QUOTE(goferris @ Jan 30, 2008 - 7:37 PM) [snapback]636196[/snapback]

airbags didn't even go off? nice find. what are your plans for her? you know you can't leave her stock. that just wouldn't be proper biggrin.gif

QUOTE(97lestyousay @ Jan 30, 2008 - 7:37 PM) [snapback]636198[/snapback]

That should buff out ok. lol
Nice find I was wondering if you got it.

QUOTE(supershannon77 @ Jan 30, 2008 - 7:41 PM) [snapback]636200[/snapback]

Awesome Manny I cant wait to see what happens in the future with this baby....that celica is one lucky celica it got an awesome owner!!!

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys, nothing really "planned for it right now, other than just getting it fixed up and on the road again.
although, i DO have a super rare set of lotus skirts i could throw on it..and a slightly damaged gt-4 front bumper.....hrmmm laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif
supershannon77
well at least Jenn can stop laughing at ur car hahahahahahaha
CelicaZR
Nice pickup Manny smile.gif
Cant wait to see what you've got installed for it.
Welcome to the "I got 2 6gcs club" biggrin.gif
96bluevert
only $300? Damn. nice find! Should be a nice little project for you, have fun with her.
TheMadScientist
Sweet find you stole that thing!
Random_Stranger
Dude you got that for $300?! I paid $3500 for mine with 112k miles on it with a salvaged title. Dang it! LOL That's cool though. I can't wait to see what you do to do. I wish my dad wasn't a dead beat and hooked it up with a car and fixed it up. Just make sure your daughter doesn't date guys who don't drive. You wouldn't want a loser in there or even trying to drive it.
Batman722
NICE !!!

we have enough spare parts between us to get that back to looking good.

$300 you can't go wrong. I think my car was worse than that at one point.
snapshotgt
Awesome find Manny. smile.gif
hurley97
NICE!

haha auto... you suck wink.gif

airbags go off?
lagos
Thats a STEAL.
Nice find Manny!
spolski07
any chance of selling the lotus skirts?
rayneezy23
im trying to get rid of my invader front if you want pm me if your intrested
presure2
QUOTE(spolski07 @ Jan 30, 2008 - 10:18 PM) [snapback]636269[/snapback]

not unless you want to GROSSLY overpay..lol

thanks for the offer ray, im all set with the invader. wink.gif

steff:
they didnt go off..the kid who the car belonged to hit a trailer hitch, i dont think it was hard enough to set them off.

thanks guys, i cant wait to get this thing back up and on the road.
x_itchy_b_x
Nice Manny. your drive way is going to be just insane when everyone gets together there. tongue.gif
Celicav
That is great man. I want to see pics of the two Celis side-by-side...since the colors are sorta similar you could pretend it is like before and after with the Pimp My Ride show laugh.gif laugh.gif
presure2
QUOTE(x_itchy_b_x @ Jan 31, 2008 - 7:53 AM) [snapback]636416[/snapback]

Nice Manny. your drive way is going to be just insane when everyone gets together there. tongue.gif

hehe yea, it'll be crazy, man!

QUOTE(Celicav @ Jan 31, 2008 - 6:31 PM) [snapback]636619[/snapback]

That is great man. I want to see pics of the two Celis side-by-side...since the colors are sorta similar you could pretend it is like before and after with the Pimp My Ride show laugh.gif laugh.gif

BWAHHAHAH laugh.gif
presure2
so, my cousin was interested in my civic for his son...and i am interested in the manual parts off the GT sitting in his yard.
needless to say, we've come to a comprimize!
migga, sorry, i just couldnt stay in the auto GT club with ya!
hehe
laff09
hahaha, that was quick. Tomorrow turbo kit and meth injection wink.gif
devilsden97
QUOTE(presure2 @ Feb 2, 2008 - 6:42 PM) [snapback]637303[/snapback]

so, my cousin was interested in my civic for his son...and i am interested in the manual parts off the GT sitting in his yard.
hehe

lol.. i havnt been on the forums in a while.... then i get to see this.... so many tears.

good luck
Defgeph
Good stuff. I think you might be able to buff that bumper out. wink.gif
bccentaur3
SO Manny, what are your exterior plans for your very own celica?
presure2
i was finally able to start tearing into the car...
heres what we got:

IPB Image

smile.gif

no plans for the car are set in stone..for now, i just wanna get it on the road.

i have the lotus skirts that i will prolly put on the car...i was telling the wifey the other day..i REALLY need JDM tails, and springs...
hurley97
so when are we doing the auto-to-manual swap? biggrin.gif

as always, anything you need me to order from work just let me know wink.gif
jcbass7
QUOTE(presure2 @ Mar 6, 2008 - 6:33 AM) [snapback]649773[/snapback]

i was finally able to start tearing into the car...
heres what we got:

IPB Image

smile.gif

no plans for the car are set in stone..for now, i just wanna get it on the road.

i have the lotus skirts that i will prolly put on the car...i was telling the wifey the other day..i REALLY need JDM tails, and springs...

You can take my springs/gr2-s off my hands if you want, otherwise they will just sit for another two years. lemme know
tomazws
Are you SURE you got this car for your daughter and not for yourself?!?!?!?
joehernandez
damn you have luck!
ILuvMyCelica95
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Jan 30, 2008 - 9:14 PM) [snapback]636246[/snapback]

NICE !!!

we have enough spare parts between us to get that back to looking good.

$300 you can't go wrong. I think my car was worse than that at one point.

I was Just going to say ChickenMan prob has everything you need.

QUOTE(presure2 @ Jan 31, 2008 - 7:17 AM) [snapback]636411[/snapback]

QUOTE(spolski07 @ Jan 30, 2008 - 10:18 PM) [snapback]636269[/snapback]

not unless you want to GROSSLY overpay..lol

thanks for the offer ray, im all set with the invader. wink.gif

steff:
they didnt go off..the kid who the car belonged to hit a trailer hitch, i dont think it was hard enough to set them off.

thanks guys, i cant wait to get this thing back up and on the road.

That was done by a trailer hitch! holy crap.

QUOTE(devilsden97 @ Feb 2, 2008 - 8:27 PM) [snapback]637319[/snapback]

QUOTE(presure2 @ Feb 2, 2008 - 6:42 PM) [snapback]637303[/snapback]

hehe

lol.. i havnt been on the forums in a while.... then i get to see this.... so many tears.

good luck

OMG it's AUTOBOY! I lol every time i see your car smile.gif

Congrats Manny that's awesome! $300 is a real steal, cant wait to see how this turns out smile.gif
presure2
QUOTE(tomazws @ Mar 6, 2008 - 12:44 PM) [snapback]649860[/snapback]

Are you SURE you got this car for your daughter and not for yourself?!?!?!?

ohh, no, tom...this is DEFINETLY NOT for my daughter...i will let her drive it (while its still auto anyway..lol) but its definetly going to be MY car.
ive been telling the wifey, now i can make a new name....the REAL pressure2...lmao
since all my time here has been with her car.

jesse:
ill take you up on that...although we may have to arrange a 100 installment payment plan..lmao things are tight moneywise...at least till the old house sells. but yea, shoot me a PM with what your thinking...maybe we can work somthing out. wink.gif

joe: thanks.

tina...you know D, hes like having a personal celica junkyard as your best friend! haha
we'll see how things go...right now, i just wanna get the car on the road...i've thought of prolly a dozen diffrent ways to go about this thing already...im sure ill go thru a few dozen more before i actually start doing anything. hardest part right now, is once its fixed, its going to need paint...since jenns car is the color i always wanted on our celica, picking a color for this one isnt going to be so easy. wink.gif
goferris
well, let's see, you already have the gt4 conversion. ssIII replica anyone?
either way i'm still jealous.
jjbenzo
QUOTE(goferris @ Mar 7, 2008 - 10:34 PM) [snapback]650561[/snapback]

I agree...since you have the 3sgte in the greatest color ever, I vote for a 98 SS-iii replica...
spolski07
QUOTE(jjbenzo @ Mar 8, 2008 - 12:29 AM) [snapback]650581[/snapback]

I agree...since you have the 3sgte in the greatest color ever, I vote for a 98 SS-iii replica...

he is 5sfte not 3sgte

and i think you should do a beams swap
rayneezy23
damn you always do great work, i can't wait till this one gets finished
tim86
nice find, its funny how obsessed everybody is with the auto to manual swap tho... does it really matter when u have a 5sfte already? I'd just fix the body damage and not waste too much more money on it
presure2
QUOTE(spolski07 @ Mar 8, 2008 - 12:48 AM) [snapback]650586[/snapback]

QUOTE(jjbenzo @ Mar 8, 2008 - 12:29 AM) [snapback]650581[/snapback]

he is 5sfte not 3sgte

and i think you should do a beams swap

naa, never a beams swap for me. if im gonna swap, it would definetly be to a built 3sgte.
200na hp would feel slow, compared to the 5sfte car. i cant do a swap, and be SLOWER than my wifes car!! haha

ive been thinking about some SSIII stuff...the SSIII rear extensions work pretty well with the lotus skirts, and i bet the fronts would as well...

and yea, the manual swap matters that much.
nothing i do to this car will be a "waste of money" as you put it.
wink.gif
presure2
a little 6gc love, and wala:

IPB Image

im gonna pick up the newer hood from dustin tommorow:

IPB Image

IPB Image

just for refrence, and browsing ease, this is what it looked like yesterday:

IPB Image
Random_Stranger
Already a huge difference. You are the MAN! Great work
presure2
so, im thinking of a color somthing like this...any thoughts? suggestions?
IPB Image
snapshotgt
Love it.
GriffGirl
That is almost EXACTLY the color I want to paint my car, should I ever scrape up the funds to have it painted.

I've always been a big fan of the gunmetal/metallic charcoal colors - elegant, understated and sexy as hell. Maybe some nifty iridescent metallic stuff mixed in so it reflects pinks and greens or blues in different light at different angles. Subtly though, nothing ostentatious.

hurley97
I'm going to keep pushing for 1G3 Magnetic Grey Metallic wink.gif
96bluevert
That would look really good! I like.
x_itchy_b_x
thats my next color wink.gif such a classy yet aggressive color.
Defgeph
Thats a sweet color. Nice fender
CelicaST_CALI
nice color..... gunmetal rims??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.