Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HectortheRican's progress thread
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
richee3
I've had Sportlines, and the TRD's are just rebranded Sportlines. You won't need the camber bolts, but you'll definitely enjoy having the new setup. Looks good thumbsup.gif
HectortheRican
Good to know, I'll just keep the bolts in reserve for a bit longer lol.

I think I'm gonna replace the swap bar bushings with a pair of SuperPro 16mm PU bushings I have in reserve as well.
AMCMoe
Eibach was contracted to produce the springs for TRD, however they are relabeled Pro-Kit springs with the 1" drop instead of the 1.5" Sportline drop. I've had Sportlines with KYB's as well, and they were a bit stiffer than these TRD's/KYB's. Both are great setups!
Spider77
Crap, you finally lowering?! Seeing those endlinks makes me want to go out and get some.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (Spider77 @ Jan 26, 2011 - 7:52 PM) *
Crap, you finally lowering?! Seeing those endlinks makes me want to go out and get some.

Yeah man.... FINALLY biggrin.gif
They sure look beefy, don't they? About $60 a pair, not a bad buy at all. Considering that the Moog endlinks for are Celicas sold at O'Rielly's are about $65 EACH.
808celica
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Jan 26, 2011 - 4:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Spider77 @ Jan 26, 2011 - 7:52 PM) *

Yeah man.... FINALLY biggrin.gif
They sure look beefy, don't they? About $60 a pair, not a bad buy at all. Considering that the Moog endlinks for are Celicas sold at O'Rielly's are about $65 EACH.

really?? laugh.gif they're cheaper for me biggrin.gif
HectortheRican
QUOTE (808celica @ Jan 29, 2011 - 12:06 PM) *
really?? laugh.gif they're cheaper for me biggrin.gif

Shut up Jon xD

Well, update. I got the fronts on with no problems whatsoever. But when it came to the rears, the endlinks were so horribly rusted on that they got the better of me. With no torch or dremel, I had to give up. As much as I'd love to do it myself, I just don't have the right tools, so I'm taking it to Pep Boys tomorrow to get the rear struts and the Miata endlinks installed. Sad day frown.gif
richee3
Ah, those rear end links... They get the best of most of us. I find that stringing a series of curse words together in an angry fashion is most beneficial. Then an Allen wrench solves everything.
Spider77
Dont wanna step in, but stripped...
SwissFerdi
Get PB blaster, soak that mothersucker. All over. More baby, more.

...uhh...

...no, wait. But get the PB blaster and soak it, then use a breaker with along with your tool of choice. Mine came off that way.
Spider77
Been talking with him off and on today. Already sprayed, stripped allen recess, vice grips were a no go. Sometimes ya just got to tear that sh*t apart, cut, torch, but has no access to either. But if he was HERE we could get it all taken care of...............but nooooooooooooooooooooo..had to go to New Mexico, had to go to college....blah blah blah. Hector, I know you wanna go to pep boys, but hell, get a hacksaw and do that sh*t the hard way if ya gotta.
I once went over to a friends house to install some LCA's on his TA...yeah, there was a lot of hacksawing above our heads, but we did it! And it was glorious! All Im saying is if you have to go to a shop (wherever it is...and I know the situation out there) so be it, but if you can find a way to DIY, then by all means.
HectortheRican
Yeah Ferdi, I think I sprayed at least a quart of pb blaster on that fcuker. Lol Still a no go. Damn, I could get a hack saw...
richee3
I'm not gonna lie. I figured out the bit about the Allen wrench AFTER I cut mine off with a grinder. And if I had to go back and do it again, I'd still use the grinder just because it's fun to use completely unnecessary force.
Spider77
QUOTE (richee3 @ Jan 30, 2011 - 12:03 AM) *
I'm not gonna lie. I figured out the bit about the Allen wrench AFTER I cut mine off with a grinder. And if I had to go back and do it again, I'd still use the grinder just because it's fun to use completely unnecessary force.

x2!!!!!!!!!!!!Love die grinders! so much fun! So much destruction.
Seriously though, hope you get it all taken care of.
96stgreendemon
I Hate OEM endlinks..... so many poor dremel wheels loos their lives that day
HectortheRican
QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Jan 29, 2011 - 10:58 PM) *
I Hate OEM endlinks..... so many poor dremel wheels loos their lives that day

What the hell were Toyota engineers thinking when they designed the endlinks?!? Well that's why there's TwosrUs and the Racing Beat ones. When I have to get my Racing Beat ones off, it'll be a snap.

I'm giving in and getting the guys at Pep Boys to do it, it'll be done by noon tomorrow. I cannot express my pure and utter hate for not having the right tools.

Btw, Kyle. The bolt for the brake line bracket on the right rear was SO HARD. I literally had to bend the bracket until it was supported by the knuckle until I could put up enough force to crack it loose. Surprisingly, the hard brake line going to the drum only bent ever so slightly.
96stgreendemon
Yeah that will happen lol, it sucks but it will be fine lol
Hazmat
Woot! You are finally lowering! Its ok hector, it took me forever to lower myself... just ask spider wink.gif
whatthe
I demand pics of this dammed endlink rust
jordisonjr
Took me 8 hours to completely lower my car.
But i messed up the first rear strut mount in the top so i had to do that corner twice.
And I have to drive to a shop lowered on three corners because i could not get one of the bottom strut colts out, so they had to cut it off.
It was a long day, but felt so good when it was done.
HectortheRican
QUOTE (whatthe @ Jan 30, 2011 - 11:04 AM) *
I demand pics of this dammed endlink rust

Too late.. I dropped her off at Pep Boys frown.gif But just imagine. a 1-10 scale of rust, mine was about an 8.75.

QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Jan 30, 2011 - 12:26 PM) *
Took me 8 hours to completely lower my car.
But i messed up the first rear strut mount in the top so i had to do that corner twice.
And I have to drive to a shop lowered on three corners because i could not get one of the bottom strut colts out, so they had to cut it off.
It was a long day, but felt so good when it was done.

Yeah, I was about to get to work on the left rear but if I didn't get the right rear off, I didn't wanna be lowered on 3 corners xD
Spider77
Update? Ya all lowered now?
HectortheRican
She's all buttoned up! The ride's a lot tighter. A tad rough at times due to the higher spring rates, but much smoother! And even though it's only a 1.5" drop, she looks a lot sexier. I'll get pictures up tomorrow hopefully, it's too dark right now.

But as you know, I took it to Pep Boys to get the rears put on because I couldn't get the bolts for the endlinks off. They had to cut each endlink in two pieces laugh.gif Anyway, when I got her back, I noticed that the trunk light doesn't come on, the door ajar light doesn't come on, the seat belt light doesn't come on, and the clock doesn't come on. What the hell could they have touched in the rear to affect these things!!?? I have no idea, I don't see how that could've happened. I'm taking her back up there tomorrow so they can check the fuses since I don't own a multimeter.
HectortheRican
I forgot I had taken a quick shot with my phone. I'll get some better ones tomorrow with my actual camera.

Here's a close up of the reduced wheel gap
jordisonjr
Thats a pretty good phone pic lol
whatthe
I like your rims keep them. But the offset is a different matter. But then again who cares, dont be a hellaflushfag.
HectortheRican

LOL, nah nah nah don't worry about that. I loved that video you posted the other day on FB. Lol I definitely need at least 20mm spacers in the rear to make it look good and not sunken in, and maybe 10-15mm spacers in the front.
808celica
QUOTE (whatthe @ Jan 30, 2011 - 9:03 PM) *
I like your rims keep them. But the offset is a different matter. But then again who cares, dont be a hellaflushfag.

Oh Wow.....

QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Jan 30, 2011 - 9:14 PM) *
LOL, nah nah nah don't worry about that. I loved that video you posted the other day on FB. Lol I definitely need at least 20mm spacers in the rear to make it look good and not sunken in, and maybe 10-15mm spacers in the front.

go 25 and 25. I remember when I was raised on drop springs laugh.gif
HectortheRican
QUOTE (808celica @ Jan 31, 2011 - 2:41 AM) *

Lol... raised >:( Shut up! Lmao
samir0189
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Jan 31, 2011 - 8:59 AM) *
QUOTE (808celica @ Jan 31, 2011 - 2:41 AM) *

Lol... raised >:( Shut up! Lmao

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
HectortheRican
Got out today after class, went up to the top of the parking structure, and snapped some pictures, enjoy.

A nice profile

Some TRD bling (I'm happy to say that it took some maneuvering to get the camera in the wheel well biggrin.gif)

The Racing Beat endlinks, I gotta make some time this week so grease them... A LOT. They squeak sometimes.

Capture some New Mexico mountains.

Slightly artsy shot? I dunno. I gotta get my girlfriend to do a shoot, she's a photographer.

I'm so happy with how she handles now. I have yet to find some twisties around here, but I've been swerving more than usual laugh.gif
richee3
Looks good, Hector. It's what the car needed.
sunwukongg
dude...i didn't even notice your car is lowered in this shoot until i saw the trd springs..you really need those coilovers lol. your ride height looks like my super worn settled stock spring height..
HectortheRican
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Jan 31, 2011 - 3:33 PM) *
dude...i didn't even notice your car is lowered in this shoot until i saw the trd springs..you really need those coilovers lol. your ride height looks like my super worn settled stock spring height..

I forbid anymore comments from members with coilovers. LOL

I'll be getting coils in the summer.
mak5603
QUOTE (whatthe @ Jan 31, 2011 - 2:03 AM) *

Say what you want but sunken wheels just look tacky...
SupraKid
hahahahhahahahahhaha poor hector...its like you have stock springs laugh.gif laugh.gif ....But it does look good thumbsup.gif
HectortheRican
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Jan 31, 2011 - 4:47 PM) *
hahahahhahahahahhaha poor hector...its like you have stock springs laugh.gif laugh.gif ....But it does look good thumbsup.gif

>:( there used to be a 5-finger gap between the tire and the fender, now it's tough to get two fingers to fit in between the tire and fender.
808celica
Give it time Hector. we just giving you beef cuz that's what friends are for
Spider77
Looks good man, too bad it had to come at the cost of some interior lighting.
SupraKid
You have finger gap?bwahahhahahahaha..im at like -2...
HectortheRican
QUOTE (Spider77 @ Jan 31, 2011 - 6:48 PM) *
Looks good man, too bad it had to come at the cost of some interior lighting.

I just realized that the cabin lights no longer come on when I open the doors. Them Pep Boys bastards did something....

QUOTE (808celica @ Jan 31, 2011 - 6:26 PM) *
Give it time Hector. we just giving you beef cuz that's what friends are for

If you're giving me beef, can I has A1 as well?
sunwukongg
they do that on purpose to make you come back and take more of your money..
HectortheRican
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Jan 31, 2011 - 6:53 PM) *

True... but I did the front installation myself, only reason I went to Pep Boys was because I didn't have the right tools to overcome the endlink rust. I just don't know what the hell they could've touched to affect those lights...
sunwukongg
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Jan 31, 2011 - 7:55 PM) *
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Jan 31, 2011 - 6:53 PM) *

True... but I did the front installation myself, only reason I went to Pep Boys was because I didn't have the right tools to overcome the endlink rust. I just don't know what the hell they could've touched to affect those lights...

they probably got mad at you for giving them a hard time with the rear endlinks so they screwed around with your ride
whatthe
Nice drop, have fun with the handling.
96stgreendemon
looks good..... now LOWAR!!!!!!!! lol just kidding, but it does look good, and hows that icestorm that rolled through there? my celi is coated in about an inch of ice fml
SwissFerdi
QUOTE (sunwukongg @ Jan 31, 2011 - 7:53 PM) *

See, I wouldn't put that beyond too much doubt. One reason why I hate those kinds of places, shady techs...
HectortheRican
QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Feb 1, 2011 - 7:56 AM) *
looks good..... now LOWAR!!!!!!!! lol just kidding, but it does look good, and hows that icestorm that rolled through there? my celi is coated in about an inch of ice fml

See that's one of the things I love/hate about New Mexico. I can't work on my car very much since I'm parked outside, BUT I'm in a parking garage, so my car never gets wet or icy wink.gif
SwissFerdi
Shade is priceless, I wish I had that.

Oh, I believe I haven't said anything nice about your lowaring, so let me do that for yous.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Suspension twins FTW. Feels nice eh? biggrin.gif I need to start auto-crossing my setup, but you did the exact same thing I did when I first got lowered (almost a year ago now, 2/13/10), I was all I'M GONNA SWERVE THIS BITCH UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP.

So yeah, congratulations.
Spider77
Um..........85 to 165. Go South after Placitas towards Tijeras. Hit some 8500 feet in elevation, roads look decent enough. Hell, thats in your backyard. SHould really go to Hwy 4. Thats only about two hours away? If I was out there, thats all I would do is drive the mountains. Lucky!
Here is Placitas/Tijeras.....great place to start (looks like it)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.