Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timmyface's progression
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Timmyface
Tomorrow the celica is receiving New brake pads, Inner CV boot, and fixing an oil leak. Than she should be running good smile.gif

This will pretty much turn into half of a photography thread until i get more money for ideas. Might as well start saving for a swap smile.gif

RabidTRD
Not usually a fan of the mesh behind the grille, but yours is done well. Blends decently and isn't like "HEY LOOK AT MY GRILLE!"
Timmyface
Haha yeah, that came into consideration when choosing a colour. The silver and red mesh were exactly how you said it, trying to draw attention when its not needed.
BonzaiCelica
looking good. Nice HD Pictures! keep it up
Timmyface
This, you could say HD, but you could also say, Photoshop tongue.gif

Spare Time Boredom:
whatthe
^ YESHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
jordisonjr
Wow that picture is absolutely awesome!
SwissFerdi
I'm envious of you, in the sense that you seem to be one of those people with a natural talent for photography. Very, very, very nice.
Timmyface
New Interior Pieces smile.gif

My better attempt at my cold air box
jordisonjr
Cold air box looks awesome!
Always wanted to do something like this but don't really know how haha
Timmyface
Update

Havn't updated in a while. Keeping cash aside to decide what to do with the car.

But recently,
New Custom White Dials...AGAIN:

Bought these off a Polish website, and couldn't have been any happier.
Also replaced my Temp and Fuel needle too.

AND!
Made my 3rd brake light into a celica one:

Up next im attempting to create some eyelids and random things tongue.gif
Timmyface
Quick fiddle with photoshop:

This week i may attempt to make eyelids..
Its my birthday next week, i may treat myself to some tasteful mods.. (ShortShift, Cooling panels, Hood Dampers) smile.gif

Also looking at this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/93-99-TOYOTA-CE...2314771e92#shId

Spoiler or Possibly for a replacement of in between my splitters... who knows.
CelicaSTX02
Nice dude! I am curious to see how that little spoiler will look.
Grega
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Oct 4, 2011 - 2:20 PM) *
Quick fiddle with photoshop:

^^Is it possible to get the high res. picture?
Timmyface
Pretttty sure this is the one your after http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz60/Ti...e_/IMG_3333.jpg

thumbsup.gif
HectortheRican
Timmyface, I honestly don't know what excites me more. Your car itself, or the amazing work you do framing her with your camera.
Timmyface
tongue.gif Thanks Hector. I'd say the photography whilst I still have a baby engine. Once I get a Beams or 3sgte we'll be sweet. smile.gif
CelicaZR
Nice work mate biggrin.gif
Love it!
Grega
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Oct 30, 2011 - 1:08 PM) *
Pretttty sure this is the one your after http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz60/Ti...e_/IMG_3333.jpg

thumbsup.gif

Thanks a lot! This is my favourite celica on this site!! (no offense to others, you all have great and amazing cars, but I found something special in this one) I hope you don't mind if I made similar mod on front end (SS3 splitters, black lip in gap between splitters) because I fall in love with it woot.gif
Timmyface
Wow, thanks Grega. I don't mind at all, I'm glad I can be an inspiration to you and others. Hopefully there's alot more greatness to come smile.gif
S8S8
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Nov 1, 2011 - 1:01 PM) *
tongue.gif Thanks Hector. I'd say the photography whilst I still have a baby engine. Once I get a Beams or 3sgte we'll be sweet. smile.gif

Yeah once you get a decent engine in there it will definitely be amongst my favourites on 6GC. smile.gif
Timmyface
QUOTE (S8S8 @ Nov 2, 2011 - 11:58 AM) *
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Nov 1, 2011 - 1:01 PM) *

Yeah once you get a decent engine in there it will definitely be amongst my favourites on 6GC. smile.gif

smile.gif How is your Beams living up to your expectations. I'm still undecided, but leaning more towards the beams as its an easier drop in to the 3sgte.
Have you got it dyno'd yet to see what it pulls?
Timmyface
Apart from thinking of a new engine, i'm still constantly thinking of new rims.

How about some Bronze 18"s, Dropped more and stanced?

cwm13.gif
jordisonjr
Looks so sick^
Do it.
S8S8
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Nov 2, 2011 - 9:05 PM) *
smile.gif How is your Beams living up to your expectations. I'm still undecided, but leaning more towards the beams as its an easier drop in to the 3sgte.
Have you got it dyno'd yet to see what it pulls?

I'm very happy with the Beams now. It took a while to get used to, but now that I know the engine better it's much easier to get the most out of, and it's really enjoyable to drive hard!

I would like more power though, and I think that maybe if I had my time again I would go down the 3SGTE path. But that said, I haven't driven a 3SGTE powered Celica either, so I couldn't say whether it would be more fun.

I haven't had mine dyno'd yet, but I'm sure sometime down the track I will do. It feels strong though, so I'm not too worried about it just yet.
Ted95
i was too was deciding between the Beams and the 3sgte at one point too and i was lucky enough to be able to test drive both and the Beams is a very fun car but 3sgte is the way to go in my opinion because you can drive it everyday just like a 5s and get about 3500rpms and it just sucks you back into your seat.

weigh your options out and figure out your power goals, from what i hear with the Beams swap is that eventually people want more power and you have a wide range of power with the 3sgte.

car looks great man keep it up!

oh ya, i went the the 3sgte biggrin.gif
Timmyface
An actual update!

Hopefully get these in this/next weekend.
Than plasti-dipping my wheels smile.gif

Ted95
are your ss-III front spillters OEM or replica, looks like they fit great!
Timmyface
QUOTE (Ted95 @ Dec 10, 2011 - 7:58 AM) *
are your ss-III front spillters OEM or replica, looks like they fit great!

They are Vincent doggys, formally on whatthe's car smile.gif.
They fit pretty wel though, I did very minimal sanding in certain spots, but other than that the bolts bend it enough and hold it in place.
There's not too much fuss at all putting them on a pre-ace.
RabidTRD
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Dec 9, 2011 - 2:39 AM) *
An actual update!

Hopefully get these in this/next weekend.
Than plasti-dipping my wheels smile.gif

Meh. Those are a waste of money. You can't get a good enough adjustment with those. They're usually only +/- 1 degree. Smaller bolts (grade 10) and heavy duty washers for the win.
Timmyface
Its a waste of money when you get the wrong F***en size mad.gif
Please enlighten me further on these smaller bolts and washers and how they work haha.

I dont know how much degree i need, but i want it like 1inch more positive thats all.
Timmyface
.. Getting there..slowly

Before:

After^

Not much of a change, but it's noticeable i guess.
I also raised the rear about 1cm to try get a bit less camber, but didn't effect it much.

Not quiet sure if it was worth it yet haha. May buy another set for the lower bolts... or bigger spacers tongue.gif
RabidTRD
ROFL pedo bear.. My friend wants that sticker on his Accord.

Grade 10 bolts my friend. Anything in smaller diameter than the stock ones with grade ten washers. Use it up top and you're golden.
UndecidedPC9397
Your car is very well executed, props, man! I have a 97 celica gt with the same color. hope I can make clean and flawless too! but still got a good chunk of work ahead of me. And just out of curiousity, what did you do with your antenna? did you fill in the space of the boot? cuz my anttenna's tracks wore out so it was stuck up and got knocked off and to my surprise found the radio still works fine and was thinking of either getting another anttenna mast or finding a way to fill the hole in with something better than electrical tape.
Timmyface
QUOTE (UndecidedPC9397 @ Dec 20, 2011 - 3:21 PM) *
Your car is very well executed, props, man! I have a 97 celica gt with the same color. hope I can make clean and flawless too! but still got a good chunk of work ahead of me. And just out of curiousity, what did you do with your antenna? did you fill in the space of the boot? cuz my anttenna's tracks wore out so it was stuck up and got knocked off and to my surprise found the radio still works fine and was thinking of either getting another anttenna mast or finding a way to fill the hole in with something better than electrical tape.

I havn't done anything with my antenna? With my headunit, I used my antenna cable to turn my amp on, as I don't really use the radio. But it still works fine for me also.
Your best bet is to either bog it, and fibreglass over it and paint, or fry make a circle covering out of plastic or fibreglass?
I still have my antenna, its just never up haha.

And rabid, I may try locate some grade 10 bolts, and put the camber ones on bottom.
Just the idea of a smaller bolt to me, allows more room for the hub to slip and be loose.
UndecidedPC9397
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Dec 19, 2011 - 11:39 PM) *

I havn't done anything with my antenna? With my headunit, I used my antenna cable to turn my amp on, as I don't really use the radio. But it still works fine for me also.
Your best bet is to either bog it, and fibreglass over it and paint, or fry make a circle covering out of plastic or fibreglass?

And rabid, I may try locate some grade 10 bolts, and put the camber ones on bottom.
Just the idea of a smaller bolt to me, allows more room for the hub to slip and be loose.

Ohhhhhhh lol my bad then, im probably gonna end up getting an antenna to replace my buchered one from a junk yard, praying ill find one somewhere! but yeah if it was a perfect world, I would get rid of that but I just cant take that on right now. but yeah I know how, just cant do it right now. I still need to repaint my new door sitting in the garage and fix a little bit of rust on my hatch then I get to the real fun stuff smile.gif , still deciding if I should refinish my stock alloy wheels or get some aftermarket ones
Timmyface
I wish my car came with stock alloys. I'd rock them for a bit... especially next week, as im possibly changing the color of my rims, and will have to use my' Steelies' for a day or so haha
UndecidedPC9397
Ohhh steelies laugh.gif I need to get some with winter tires (I live in minnesota, nuff said) and that will give me time to clean up my stock wheels and get matching tires maybe
RabidTRD
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Dec 19, 2011 - 11:39 PM) *

It won't slip if you run hardened washers. It's the same as your normal bolt.

Camber bolts in the bottom will not be a good idea. Just run the stock bolts bottom, smaller up top. I've been doing that and hitting corners at 30MPH+ with streets that have potholes (chewing my winter tires up lol) and have had no issues at all with it slipping out. The shop I had it aligned at did the bolts... I guess it's what they do lol.
Timmyface
Thanks rabid. I might put it in for an alignment after Xmas and see how it goes.

In the meantime, this is how i'm rolling:

Because..
I'm waiting on these bad boys to dry:
Timmyface
Came out alright i guesssss haha.
BonzaiCelica
spray paint I'm assuming. with the black rims it doesn't make it look as flush as before. the silver made it look like it was more flush with the fender and quarter panel. you should of invested in some plasti dip spray paint (that way you could of taken it off like a sticker, if you didn't like the black color).
smkr3w
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Dec 24, 2011 - 4:36 AM) *
you should of invested in some plasti dip spray paint (that way you could of taken it off like a sticker, if you didn't like the black color)

plasti dip = bonzai's current obsession.. lol jk tongue.gif

timmy your car is full of win, thats why your in my sig and the rims look pretty sweet black (although i might be biased to black rims on red cars haha)
Timmyface
Yeah i know, im still pretty unhappy with my rear wheels, but i guess a change is good.

AND...... it IS plasti-dip! so i can rip it off whenever i like tongue.gif
I have a rim sticker coming so i have a silver lip, so that may compliment it a bit and make it look a bit more flush maybe haha.

It was my first time doing it... came out pretty rough. Could probably have used a few more layers, or good layers at that. I was unsure if i was applying it to light or too heavy.
SwissFerdi
These, perchance? I'm eager to try a set. Ebay wheel sticker

Timmyface
Exacct ones haha. But, comic from USA to aus in Xmas time, don't know when ill get them.
Timmyface

Awsum!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif
richee3
What the.... What happened? And please tell me they didn't damage the splitters when they loaded it up.
Timmyface
No idea what happened, car just died on me and wouldn't start.
The tow guy was a nice one luckily, got planks of wood to get it up, with say 3mm clearance of ripping it off lol.

So far, I'm replacing the distribute cap and coil today, see how it goes.
Timmyface
^ Turns out it was my Ignition Coil that sh*t itself. So i replaced that, the dizzy cap and rotor button. Running all good now!!

Meanwhile,

I redone my boot again, in material this time. Really happy with it, ill post another photo soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.