Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RoadRage's Progression
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
JoshuaM
QUOTE (The_enD @ Dec 20, 2014 - 9:23 AM) *
Atrocious wheel gap. redface.gif

It is tongue.gif He does have TEIN springs waiting to lower it... just needs to get new shocks. And those tires are smaller than we anticipated which isn't helping the matter tongue.gif
PegGTS
Needs more tire wink.gif Haha kidding, looks nice man! Just some low and spacers and you're good!
jordisonjr
You're gunna need more than Tien Springs to fix that.
RoadRage
Yes the wheel gap is horrible tongue.gif

The Tein springs is all I got so I'll have to make it work
RoadRage
I'll post better details later, but I have been back at making full use of the Celica and exploring Australia tongue.gif

Trying to be as 'Aussie' as possible for the Australia Day long weekend tongue.gif

RoadRage
Thought I'd post an update because why not

Celica is still going strong haven't done much to it since last update, still needs moar low

But I've been pretty good and taking it places and getting it a bit muddy haha

And then clean it for a few hours
Box
Scratching up the paint. redface.gif
Bimbo
Beautiful landscapes
RoadRage
Another update,
I got a puncture on the way home one day, and decided it was time for a new set of tyres as I did not like how skinny my current ones were and 3 of them were low on thread anyway, and then my celi was off the road for a week getting a new throttle and clutch, but now it runs great smile.gif

So went out for a cruise with another 6gc buddy and we ended up snapping these pics

Which led to a cruise in the mountains where we found snow! (Yes snow in Strayaland)

I still wanted to try a different colour for the interior, and I was sick of the wraps I tried peeling and bubbling, so I gave Plastidip a try, and I'm liking how its come out, nice and subtle

---

In more exciting news, A GT-Four bumper and bonnet came up for sale in another state, and I jumped on it, but tried a ridiculous offer first, and he accepted it! and threw in a few extras for extra $50.
Thanks to Ryan (Rentaspace) for picking it up for me and keeping it till I drive ~900km up to Sydney in a few weeks. Obviously it will be while till its on my car till I bring it back to Vic and paint it frown.gif

A week after than I was linked to a cheap 95 SX, and it had Caldinas, it was a too good of a deal to pass up!

So with the help of some friends, and a permit I drove it home, the engine ran perfect, however the ride wasn't the smoothest! Click and clunks and a whole bunch of noises were coming from it, but it made it home! and the 2 Celicas met for the first time

I jacked it up and check out the problem, and both bearings seem gone along passenger CV joint, and then I got curious about the Caldinas...

I love the look, I can't decide between the two.. going to keep the gold ones for a while anyway, i just got new tyres, I pulled out my old 15's from the garage and put those on the second celica, and put the Caldinas away, now its time to decide to keep this car as a back up, part it out, or repair its problems and try to sell again... hmm tough decisions
jordisonjr
I personally like the look of the Gold wheels, but a bigger tire size would help get rid of some of the wheel gap a lot.
I wish I coudl run that wheel on my car laugh.gif
RoadRage
I did get bigger tyres, went from 205/40/17 up to 215/45/17, and reduced wheel gap a bit, i still need to get new shocks so i can put my Teins in.

Instead, I'm getting distracted by stuff like this...
I was visiting a wrecker to try find some various small parts and behold I found this in one of the Celicas!

Red Leather! in near perfect condition. some small scratches
I had a bit of a think, and even though it seems a bit tacky I decided to buy since it was super cheap and give it a try
crammed into friends car

At home

Will give a good clean and fit in my car and see how I like, if not I will sell on tongue.gif
RoadRage
So finally home and quickly changed the seats over because that night I was leaving for a roadtrip from Melbourne to Sydney with a few mates
Didn't take pics till later in the journey, and unfortunately I forgot to bring the memory card for the camera so it was useless, had to settle for phone pics

Met up with James (JFXtreme007) and snapped a few pics

Then went to the yearly Toyotafest event but didn't take any pics haha
Picked up the GT Four bits from Ryan and headed home (yes all crammed in the boot)
Second we got home I was eager to try out the new bonnet

Quite nice besides the different colour tongue.gif, but the original bonnet back on since silver looked silly, and i need to modify the latch,
I got plenty of things to keep me busy in the garage now,

Also I was letting my turtle have a wander in the grass in the front yard and got this picture with the second celica, two turtles in one pic haha

More updates to come... hopefully tongue.gif

l19tly
I like what you have done with the black plastic trim between the front spats and the rear spats. what car is that bit of trim from?
jordisonjr
QUOTE (l19tly @ Oct 20, 2015 - 9:56 AM) *
I like what you have done with the black plastic trim between the front spats and the rear spats. what car is that bit of trim from?

It looks like a universal "E Z Lip" to me.
cheela
wow. that red leather looks great!!
RoadRage
It's actually a universal ''Rhino Lip" of eBay for 30 bucks, basically same thing as the EZ Lip but this one claims to be more 'durable'

Thanks cheela smile.gif

THE LUCKY STREAK CONTINUES!

Friend contacted me of this beauty popping up at a wrecker, of course I ran down to take a look

seems like a 3S-FE import, had a few JDM goodies but 90% of the stuff was really worn out and looked disgusting, I salvaged what I could, got my hands on the visor, Forgmann spoiler, TRD rear spats, rain guards and it also had an air purifier! I never seen one so I thought why not tongue.gif

Not bad I think tongue.gif

annnnnd in other news, I finally placed an order on a part thats been long overdue.... more updates incoming biggrin.gif
jordisonjr
Did you get the rear window visor? And are you keeping it? haha
RoadRage
Yes I did! And I am keeping it tongue.gif

Test fitment with an iPhone haha

and all the other parts i picked up

In other news, something underneath the car started making a really bad rattle and I couldn't figure out what, turns out it was a loose bracket, got a cool shot though haha while I had it checked out

Annnnd the BIG announcement!! This finally happed biggrin.gif

New KYB shocks to go with my Tein springs I've had in the garage for a while now tongue.gif
expect moar low soon biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
PegGTS
About time... rolleyes.gif
RoadRage
QUOTE (RoadRage @ Aug 3, 2014 - 11:09 PM) *
I also got a set of TEIN lowering springs from rentaspace, but i am holding out on the install, till i get around to buying some new shocks along with it.

Only took 1 year and 3 months to acquire shocks tongue.gif hopefully it wont take that long to install haha..

I'm gathering a few more items so I can install all at once while the cars apart
RoadRage
Update time!!!
(Lots of pictures incoming)

So after a while all my parts have been gathered and it was time for low!!
The preparation:
New pads, new rotors, caliper paint, KYB shocks, Tein springs, spacers, Cusco underbody brace

Started off with washing the car, so its nice and clean before any work started

It begins, took wheels off

Removed everything

And repeat that 3 more times, and of course the very last bolt i had to remove for the rear left was a total b**** that didnt want to move and took over 1 hour of effort to get it off haha

Old vs News

Started painting calipers red (for that extra HP tongue.gif)

Also did some plastidipping smile.gif

Think it was time to try a new colour for the wheels

While waiting for the calipers and the wheels to dry, decided to put the underbody brace on, pretty simple process, 4 bolts, but had to cut some of the underbody plastic and ziptie it around the brace

Had to go out to buy a bigger wrench for the front inserts, and started putting the shocks together, along with sanding the rust off the hub and putting rotors back on, along with spacers

Pushed the caliper piston back in, greased everything up

And now the exciting part!!!
Put the wheels back on

And took the stand out and behold!!

Picture of the fitment from front on

Passed the shoe test haha tongue.gif

Next morning took it to have an alignment
RoadRage
Have to say, loving the new look smile.gif, and handles so much nicer,

Went out for a cruise with a friend

--

Unfortunately since then, I've had an issue with the Plastidip and the wheels making a funny noise (which has been sorted now)
So been rolling on Caldinas for last 2 days, but hopefully the white wheels will be back on tomorrow

And other news! A too good offer of a 205 J-SPEED strut brace popped up and I grabbed it, and put in on,
Before

After

However since it is for a 205, the brace goes higher and doesn't fit the 204 bonnet, and closing the 204 bonnet is very difficult and when you do manage to close it and drive the edges of the bonnet seem to wobble with the wind because the bonnet noticeable sits higher.

So I guess the 205 bonnet i have sitting around has to be painted sooner than planned and put on smile.gif
Thats it for the update, tomorrow fixing the plastidip and putting the white wheels back on
Thanks for reading biggrin.gif
CelicaDICE
Very nice! What is the MM on the spacers? 25?
RoadRage
Thanks!
20 in the front, 25 in the rear
njccmd2002
Like the white rims. Every car should have em
HectortheRican
I've always wanted a Cusco underbody brace!! So jealous.

Great looking Celi, man. Wheels and fenders look perfect after that drop.
Box
Yay handling better and looking better!
PegGTS
Took you long enough... rolleyes.gif

What was the issue with the plastidip?
RoadRage
Thanks guys,

The brake in coating of the pads left a huge amount of brake dust on the wheels and when I went to clean them, accidently ripped some chunks off plastidip.
So repsprayed the wheels, and now added 1 coat of clear. Comes up shiny and easier to clean smile.gif

Also now planning a photoshoot so stay tuned
RoadRage
Photoshoot pictures are up smile.gif

Box
Such a perverse amount of red.
cheela
you made box miss his red celica. biggrin.gif

photos look great by the way!
RoadRage
Well, drove up to Sydney in friends car to tow back a 1942 Jeep that his dad bought to restore, and while on the way back stopped in Canberra to pick up a bra for 205. Unsure why I bought it but since my last trip to Sydney in my car, my front bumper ended up with a lot of bits of damage, and since I have 205 front end incoming, thought why not? maybe put it on for long trips to protect the bumper a bit.
Tried it on for lols

And a few days ago helped a friend pick up some wheels and the guy had an aluminium radiator which I bought for cheap, but its for a 5th gen, so needs a little bit of work to fit, but will be doing it soon smile.gif

Tried on the wheels for lols.. again,
dat poke

keep in mind the 25mm spacers

now for some crappy pics, bored on a friday afternoon, decided to put in the TWM short shifter that was salvaged from Timmyface's old car

pulled everything out and found these littered under the shifter .. strange haha

comparison of the two

the inside was actually really disgusting, so cleaned it up

Before (without knob)

After

Pretty happy with it, shifting feels really nice just need to tidy up the shifter boot and have already ordered a new knob, just waiting for it to arrive
--

In other news, my CV axle seems gone so will be replacing it on the weekend
Box
I hate bras, especially on cars. Anyhow, wooo short shifter!
RoadRage
I am not fond either, but i somehow keep finding myself on 500km road trips, and my bumper has deteriorated to a poor condition, so maybe on the longer trips I find myself on, have the bra on for the Gt Four front

Also!!
An interesting sneek peak coming up tomorrow! tongue.gif
RoadRage
Well that sneak peak never happened haha

I managed to get my hands on a turbo kit for cheap.. but after looking into laws to actually get it legal and realizing it wasn't feasible to do, I sold the kit on

In other news, my friend that lives with me has a Mitsubishi Magna (aka Diamante in the States) and I spotted a cheap Magna with a VR-X kit on it and decided to pick it up and take back to the garage, took the kit off to put on his car, then decided to part it out to cover funds, as it was pretty much near the end of its life. So yeah basically been busy with that

The Magna came with wheel flares, but them on my car as a joke for test fit haha

But I have had time to get some Celica sills smile.gif

and besides that, just been taking some photos, loving the white wheels look tongue.gif

Not much of an update at the moment, but future plans include tidying up some of the interior and hopefully bring the second Celica out of storage and give it some love
Stay tuned biggrin.gif
Box
You can't just give us a picture of a turbo kit and be like, "Lol nope nevermind." redface.gif
RoadRage
Ha yeah I basically Nope'd myself, should have done more research, BUT I sold the kit for more than I bought it for and have started a funds jar for a new engine

In others news, to give some sort of update.. There is a big Toyota meet coming up in over 2 weeks and I started a list of things to install/fix up before the meet,
Hopefully all will be crossed off in time

- Install rear visor
- Fix rear splitters
- Fix front rhino lip
- Boot re-design
- Service
- Galaxy interior
- Red door cards

Vague descriptions laugh.gif, stay tuned

Also who said Celicas are impractical?
cheela
haha nice! all that WITH the rear strut bar still in. good job. smile.gif
Box
I used mine to carry synths and a giant combo amp all the time, liftbacks are the best thing ever. Look good and practical, provided you're not carrying four people all the time anyway. tongue.gif
PegGTS
I should have taken a picture when I got my wheels and tires...fit 4 wheels with tires plus 4 more tires in my car tongue.gif
RoadRage

Well it has been over one week and have yet to do anything on my to do list....
I think it might be a bit of a rush to get everything done on time tongue.gif
RoadRage

I actually started!
Last night i gave the garage a superclean and set out all the things needed while i proceed to live in the garage for the next 3 days

Started ripping out interior chucks, door cards for re-wiring and interior pieces for painting

Fished a wire through to use for the ghost lights, and started taking the plastifdip off the interior pieces.. that took forever, but eventually it was done!

That was it for last night, this morning got up and went out shopping to pick up some supplies,
Came back home and started on a service aswell cleaning up the front lip
The Rhino lip has ripped off and the splitters have a huge amount of stone chips, will be repainting them when i replace front bumpers but for now just did a little touch up job

Now this part was inspired by a user on here: PegGTS, picked up some laminate floor boards to use as a new boot floor

Thanks to his help and advice on how he did it, put them together and glued a piece of MDF to the back of it, letting it try and will trace and cut out either later today or possibly tomorrow

With the door cards off, the lining was looking poor, so swapped it out for the red ones I had laying around.. Too much red now Box? laugh.gif

Also some parts arrived! Sadly don't think these will be on before my timeline, will be done another weekend

Checklist:
- Install rear visor
- Fix rear splitters
- Fix front rhino lip
- Boot re-design
- Service
- Galaxy interior
- Red door cards

More to come smile.gif
Box
TOO MUCH RED A LONG TIME AGO. tongue.gif What's this Galaxy interior? redface.gif
CelicaDICE
QUOTE (Box @ Jun 10, 2016 - 12:27 AM) *
TOO MUCH RED A LONG TIME AGO. tongue.gif What's this Galaxy interior? redface.gif

My guess is he'll add a strobelight that would replace his interior dome light. Thats what he probably meant by Galaxy interior. tongue.gif
RoadRage
QUOTE (CelicaDICE @ Jun 10, 2016 - 11:01 AM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Jun 10, 2016 - 12:27 AM) *

My guess is he'll add a strobelight that would replace his interior dome light. Thats what he probably meant by Galaxy interior. tongue.gif

Ha nope, nothing to do with lights, i dont even know how the 'galaxy' will come out, but still gonna give it a shot! thats up next! or visor..

FOR NOW...
The wood has been carved out and after much effort of trying to make it fit, ITS IN!! biggrin.gif

A rough mock up of how it should sit with the sub and strut bar..

still needs refinement but I think its good enough for now!

Checklist:
- Install rear visor
- Fix rear splitters
- Fix front rhino lip
- Boot re-design
- Service
- Galaxy interior
- Red door cards

Onto the interior!!

PegGTS
QUOTE (RoadRage @ Jun 11, 2016 - 12:01 AM) *
Ha nope, nothing to do with lights, i dont even know how the 'galaxy' will come out, but still gonna give it a shot! thats up next! or visor..

I know smile.gif

That trunk looks familiar somehow...
RoadRage
I can't believe I'm actually on track haha i thought i wouldn't get half of these things done

THE GRAND REVEAL - of the so called 'galaxy' interior

My interior pieces have been through carbon fibre and brushed aluminium, which the cheap wrap bubbled under the Australian sun, and the grey Plastidip wasn't doing it for me anymore
Browsing Facebook one day, I saw one guy advertising doing the underside of bonnets in this 'galaxy' paint, that I found pretty cool and I messaged him if he would do my interior pieces.. He never replied
So i thought screw him and try it myself, so here goes

With everything out, did a coat of black then small patches of different purples and blues

Played around with it till i found a mix of colours that I liked, then sprayed some white on my finger and flicked it.. The final turnout out

And installed!

Only have night time photos at the moment, will get photos of everything with a better camera and with better lighting,
But here it is! Its not quite fitting with all the red on the interior but i really like it! tongue.gif

Moving on
I honestly have no idea why I installed these 'ghost lights', but I had them so why not haha, put them in the door cards with a switch to turn on and off
A bit rice I know thats why i put the option to turn them off tongue.gif

After that I went to bed and then the entire day I went out with my mum and girlfriend to a soup festival
Got to eat some soup and pet a baby goat so can't complain

Now finally home again, its back to work!

Checklist:
- Install rear visor
- Fix rear splitters
- Fix front rhino lip
- Boot re-design
- Service

- Galaxy interior
- Red door cards

Visors up next!
Box
Tee hee, baby goat. I mean... Interesting process there, could use glow in the dark paint for the stars. Now you have to undo all the red so it goes together. tongue.gif
RoadRage
Undo all the red?! Never laugh.gif
A bit slack with the update, but.... I did manage to complete everything on time for the meet smile.gif

The Prep:
The visor had a crummy Tom's sticker that was a total pain to remove so it was suggested to get some headlight lens remover to clear up the scratches, and surprise! It worked

It still left a mark in the visor so to try and cover that up, I printed a TRD sticker
Getting late late into the night (its actually almost sunrise) Feeling like I lost all sense of sanity I managed to attach the visor to the car and wait for the Sika to dry

Also finished up tidying up the boot, red door cards and fix rear splitters, but one side feel down again a few hours later anyway mad.gif

Also got a better shot of the 'Galaxy' interior in the morning before the meet tongue.gif

The Meet
With everything actually tidy for the meet (and squezzing in time to wash the car.. badly) It was a blast!

We were allowed to go on the track for a few laps and one of the Photographers got a nice shot of the Celica

Celica No 2
Now having space in my garage, it was time to bring the ugly duckling celica over from where it was left outside in the front garden
..Looking a bit worse than before haha

The two celicas finally reunited

Now to find some time to work on both of them!

Other Stuff
Went for a drive up to the snow again, while visiting mum before leaving, I took this photo, which I thought was neat

Since it was the first proper snowfall of the year, there was actually a line to get up the mountain

But once though, built a snow man and found a nice spot to park in tongue.gif

In other news, PegGTS was nice enough to send me his ST204 vanity plate as a present

aaaand cats still like my car thumbsup.gif

The Future
For now, I have been working on the 2nd Celica getting that ready to go back on the road so it can go to a good home, while mine still has the strut mounts and camber bolts, aswell as some new bushes to be installed soon.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.