Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radiator fans..
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
njccmd2002
anyone have a setup they recommend. Im running out of space in the bay, may need on thin fan.... any ideas?
Box
Maybe this? http://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-slim-li...tor-fan-12.html
njccmd2002
thanks.!!!
Box
Welcome!
njccmd2002
problem. cant find a proper shroud! do they just bolt in?
Box
Says they can be mounted on any convenient location on the radiator. It's hard to tell from the picture, but I think it has an integrated shroud/casing thing going on.
Tigawoods
go with SPAL fans smile.gif
BonzaiCelica
QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Jun 17, 2012 - 6:22 PM) *

before I had these universal 14 inch fans just attached to the radiator with zip ties. Now I've made brackets :

njccmd2002
mmh, i rather have a shorud, but thanks for the idea..
Syaoran
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Aug 13, 2014 - 8:27 AM) *
mmh, i rather have a shorud, but thanks for the idea..
A shroud for slim fans is a custom DIY job.
chacha
come on...this is a challenge for those can make one and sell me one as well...not much markets for celica...having a shroud for the mitismoto rad would be a nice add-on
Special_Edy
Summit racing sells shrouds I think.

If I were you I would order a plate of 1/16" aluminum from some place like metaldepot.com. You should be able to get a 2'×3' for maybe $30, dont quote me on that. If you order some angle aluminum, like 10' long with 1" wide sides or less, you could get that for around $10. Then you can use industrial adhesive, rivets, bolts or welds to attach the angle aluminum around the perimeter of the plate. Cut out holes in the plate for the fans to sit and you have a professional quality all aluminum shroud.
njccmd2002
bringing back from the dead, has anyone mounted these fans on the other side of the radiator. I need the space. cannot find any pics on the site.

do you have to reverse the fan direction, or does it even matter?
presure2
you can mount them on the outside, but the a/c condenser may interfere.
Box
Hmm, don't see why you couldn't mount on the outside. You'd want it to push outside air in, instead of trying to suck the hot air out.
Box
That and you could try running a 70/30 mix to help keep it cooler.
njccmd2002
if you think about it, you need to circulate air to the fins.

when you drive, the air is being pushed in from the front. Do the fans push air against this, or do they suction air faster ( pretty stupid question, as i should know, but i dont.)

i just need space on the half passenger side. i just have none....
Bigblock
Fans behind the radiator "suck " air
In front, they push air
Bitter
Fans inside let air flow through when driving, fans outside tend to block airflow when driving some. You can shroud the bumper to force more air through the radiator when driving. Generally slim fans don't move as much as they sound like they do since the slim blades often spin too fast and just chop up the air instead of moving it, however the stock radiator fan controls have variable speed operation so they'll be running lower speed most of the time. Can you run one pusher and one puller? A puller on the side away from the headers and a pusher on the side with the headers. I bet even a double thick half rad with a push and pull fan would work pretty well, halving the length but doubling the thickness is just as good usually, though you do need more airflow for a thicker core so slim fans may not move air as well as regular shrouded fans.
Box
May have to use a GT-Four front end or the like to let enough air in to cool things off.
njccmd2002
Apparently mishimoto is not very good. And on the sad side the evaporator for a/c is there. But im thinkin behind the evaporator , and not in between. It going to get air through both anyways....

Opinion. Ill look into spal fans...
Syaoran
Look into SPAL fans. Mishimoto fans are basically eBay curved blade fans... Don't get the SPAL fans from eBay, it's hard to not find replicas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.