Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'THE FOUR'
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Tigawoods
mkernz22
I've never heard of ZO before. knockoffs?
4-eyed-freek
Defiantly not knock offs!

I suppose you want to see more??
4-eyed-freek

Tigawoods
hawt.

they looked more gold in the first pic. this is a much better color. the OZ on the spokes pops. in a good way that is
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Feb 1, 2016 - 9:21 PM) *
hawt.

they looked more gold in the first pic. this is a much better color. the OZ on the spokes pops. in a good way that is

The color is hard to understand. black in a shaded light, silver in direct sunlight, and a metallic bronze/black in a distant light. Apart from the looks they only weigh 16.2lbs!
JDUB
going to look so good!
CelicaDICE
Those 0.Z. Rims look great! Definitely will make your ST205 stand out.
Nial
OZ Cronos, nice, IIRC they came as an option extra on ST205s. Always a good choice.
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (CelicaDICE @ Feb 1, 2016 - 10:08 PM) *
Those 0.Z. Rims look great! Definitely will make your ST205 stand out.

That's what I'm hoping for!

QUOTE (JDUB @ Feb 1, 2016 - 10:00 PM) *
going to look so good!

Thanks!

QUOTE (Nial @ Feb 2, 2016 - 2:25 AM) *
OZ Cronos, nice, IIRC they came as an option extra on ST205s. Always a good choice.

You would be correct! Should be able to get a test fit in before I go and mount the tires.
jesse09
Can't wait to see what they look like mounted on the car!
4-eyed-freek
Got around to throwing the rivals on! Can't wait till spring to enjoy these!
I went pretty conservative on the size. I wanted something sporty but with a balance of modest comfort. 225/45/17 it is!
Keeping them off the car for now, I have to much sentimental value towards them already. After the few last things get buttoned up before spring ill throw them on with my TRD lugs (nobody jacking these!) I will though get a few picks with one on this weekend and share.

Tigawoods
ive heard that those are good tires but dont really do well in wet conditions due to the tread design.

I was going to scold you on not showing us the wheels on the car then I realized that I wont have a mounting pic for a while hahaha.

Its always saddening when fresh tires make that first contact with the outside world. The should be mounted on a wall.
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Feb 5, 2016 - 8:27 AM) *
ive heard that those are good tires but dont really do well in wet conditions due to the tread design.

I was going to scold you on not showing us the wheels on the car then I realized that I wont have a mounting pic for a while hahaha.

Its always saddening when fresh tires make that first contact with the outside world. The should be mounted on a wall.

I read great things on them. Agreed though, rain performance is poor. The car has only seen rain twice in its time of my ownership, I'll be extra careful if I get caught in it. I do dread the day they see road use, they really should be used as a nice coffee table haha
4-eyed-freek
RECARO!!!

Tigawoods
AWWW MAN! Your hip bolsters are in SO good condition! Trade?
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Feb 13, 2016 - 7:58 PM) *
AWWW MAN! Your hip bolsters are in SO good condition! Trade?

They are in pretty good condition. Also came with rails, defiantly don't look like the celica rails though.
4-eyed-freek
Got around to a few things today! Bolted up the new kicks, double check my thermostat job after I neglected to notice a corrosion build up on the water outlet that spring a leak. Also still hunting down my oil leak, seems as though its coming from the intake manifold area. I'm not confident its the valve cover gasket, although I ordered one from prime to be on the safe side. Seems to be coming dead center of the engine towards the top leaking straight down and running to the oil pan just past the oil drain plug. Tomorrow I intend to brake clean the best I can of the engine and allow it to run to try to spot if its something other than the valve cover gasket. seems like the 3s is pretty notorious of leaks like this, regardless hopefully it will be a simple fix!
As promised a pic of the new wheels on the car. The lighting was horrible along with a poor cellphone.

Tigawoods
I think I love how the tires look more than the wheels! hahaha
Something about race tires that look super aggressive with showing a little tread there on the sidewall.

yeah. and the wheels look good too, but DAMN those tires haha

oh and what happened to waiting to put them on eh??
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Feb 15, 2016 - 4:19 PM) *
I think I love how the tires look more than the wheels! hahaha
Something about race tires that look super aggressive with showing a little tread there on the sidewall.

yeah. and the wheels look good too, but DAMN those tires haha

oh and what happened to waiting to put them on eh??

I had to make some room for the Recaro in my bedroom. Parents didn't appreciate my collection of car parts laugh.gif
Luckily the car is covered at all times in a heated non used garage. Should be safe!
JDUB
mint!!
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (JDUB @ Feb 15, 2016 - 10:37 PM) *
mint!!

Thank you sir!!
4-eyed-freek
PIC HEAVY!

I decided to throw up a few pics of the new Recaro sr3 confetti seat. If anyone has not seen up and close of one of these seats this may assist in installation of rails and buying points.

If you are deciding on purchasing a Recaro seat like this here are some things to keep in mind.

-Over all condition
-Side bolster condition
-Side bolster fabric condition
-Hip bolster condition
-Are seat rails included

When looking keep an eye out for the following above. Side bolster condition may not be easily seen in pictures but can be worn out causing a spongy feeling around the rib cage area.
Also keep a keen eye out for upper side bolster condition of the fabric. depending on if this was out of a JDM car or results of passenger or driver location the fabric may be worn through due to the seatbelt resting on the fabric.
On the topic of bolsters, take a good look at the lower hip bolsters. Odds are if the are flared out they are worn. This is caused by a break down of the foam and regular use such as getting in and out of the car. This can also wear out the fabric in the same ways the seatbelt can wear the upper bolster.
One of the biggest factors in my eyes apart from the condition of the seat is if the rails are included. You can buy aftermarket rails, but in my eyes I love OEM quality, fit, and finish. If you feel the same the OEM Recaro seat rails are the way to go...Now let me stop you right there before you go thinking this is a walk through the park
these rails are mega money! $700-900 for a set. These are all factors to look for when in search of these beautiful and comfortable seats!

Here is a look at the overall fabric and lower bolster condition

Close up of the stitching, funny to see the imperfections in it.

Here is the underside of the seat. There are a total of four bolts needed to mount the seat to the rails. I used four m6x1.0 bolts of two different sizes. DO NOT CHEAP OUT these bolts are as important as your seatbelt.

Various mounting holes for preferred seat location

Here are the bolts I went with. They are allen key style steel bolts.

This is just a mock up, you will have to adjust as needed on mounting holes when installing the seat.

Both rails installed, now to connect the tension wire between them to allow you to slide the seat on the rails.

In other news like many car inthusiests, I found these seats make for great gaming chairs and lounging. I've decided once I pull the oem seat I will be turning it into something fun along those lines! biggrin.gif
Tigawoods
thats a good write up. If it were a more popular buy Id say throw up a separate thread.

I used all 6 holes on my fixed bracket.

It is also noteworthy that there is a company in the UK that supplies almost all the inner foam for the seats.
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Feb 24, 2016 - 12:54 PM) *
thats a good write up. If it were a more popular buy Id say throw up a separate thread.

I used all 6 holes on my fixed bracket.

It is also noteworthy that there is a company in the UK that supplies almost all the inner foam for the seats.

I also used all 6, defiantly not going to skip out on safety!
Do you know the name of the company by chance for future reference?
4-eyed-freek
I think a sticky should be made up by any member. always nice to have info even as small as this wink.gif
4-eyed-freek
mad.gif This is my representation of how I feel about replacing a 3s valve cover gasket. It was a true pain to do it to perfection, but once done I am happy to announce the leak is no more. (yet I still to rule out any further leaks)

Here is the culprit to my headache. 21+ years of service has resulted in a very stiff and faulty gasket.

After many choice words and some busted knuckles I decided to move on to something a bit more relaxing.
A full led cluster swap was in order. I originally tied green to mimic the oem style color but ended up with 194 Philips leds. I think they provide a nice upgrade since my gt4 does not have a dimmer switch, thus with low cluster lights and a bright ebc left my likings to be more desired. I feel as though this has defiantly filled the void!

I plan on installing the Recaro within the next week or two, then finishing up the last touches on the detailing and ready for spring I am!!
4-eyed-freek
Finally threw the seat in and took her out on a nice warm day. Spring boost always feels the best biggrin.gif

Tigawoods
those look so much better than the other wheels.The OZ accent is a nice touch
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Mar 13, 2016 - 3:38 PM) *
those look so much better than the other wheels.The OZ accent is a nice touch

They are defiantly growing on me! They look great while moving with the OZ!
The_enD
Needs riser blocks tongue.gif
4-eyed-freek
Todays project, getting ready for go fast around corner bits! Pulled out the stock rear sway bar.
Whiteline 20mm adjustable rear sway bar will be taking the oem's place.

CelicaDICE
QUOTE (The_enD @ Mar 13, 2016 - 8:45 PM) *
Needs riser blocks tongue.gif

This. biggrin.gif

Also, I know I'm late to the party just a tad bit, but those O.Z. Rims look great! I knew they were going to look awesome on your ST205! Keep it up! thumbsup.gif
4-eyed-freek
Was an incredibly busy weekend, buttoned up a lot on the car. Took a bit longer to install the sway bar than I expected, its an interesting obstacle to get around the diff, and over axle exhaust. With a little twisting (literally the key is to continuously twist the bar) I got it in without to much of a fight. I set it on the medium position to see how the car felt and not over do it, after a quick run around the block I think I may leave it as is although I still want to try full hard. After that I brought the car down to the Toyota dealer I used to work at and had my friend do the alignment. After a quick look over it only needed some minor tweaks, rear toe and camber and front toe was out. Installed a camber bolt, adjusted the rear and front toe. Car feels really stellar now with the suspension and tire working as they should. Future goals are new front pads as the TRD ones just aren't making me happy, I will most likely opt for EBC since I have used there products on many cars with great results.

St185 gt4 bar fits like a glove!

Also noticed the clutch inspection cover was missing, quickly replaced that!

I just love this seat. By far one of the most comfortable buckets I've sat in.

Took some extra time to install the alignment tools on the wheels, I was cautious not to scratch the wheels. Also got to once over the underside of the car before the spring/summer season begins, everything checked out perfect!
Tigawoods
wait, you only got one of the recaros's?
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Mar 21, 2016 - 9:28 AM) *
wait, you only got one of the recaros's?

Yeah, budget was slim and I'm way to picky when it comes down to it. This one is showroom mint, couldn't pass the deal up. This fall ill look for another one, not my cup of tea to only have one.
njccmd2002
How much was it. Ove been looking for deals and refuse to pay 1800 for ten or 15 years used seat
richee3
QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 23, 2016 - 8:10 AM) *
How much was it. Ove been looking for deals and refuse to pay 1800 for ten or 15 years used seat

Exactly why I have the SS-III seats and live vicariously through Skyler.

You're making a lot of awesome progress. Hopefully I get to make it to the meet!
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (richee3 @ Mar 23, 2016 - 9:16 AM) *

You're making a lot of awesome progress. Hopefully I get to make it to the meet!

Thanks! I'm hopping to see a green supra as well

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 23, 2016 - 9:10 AM) *

I paid 400 shipped. I agree with you completely, there was no way I was paying close to 1500-2k for old used seats when this one was absolutely perfect.

QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Mar 23, 2016 - 10:53 AM) *
QUOTE (richee3 @ Mar 23, 2016 - 9:16 AM) *

Thanks! I'm going to look forward to seeing a green supra as well biggrin.gif

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 23, 2016 - 9:10 AM) *

I paid 400 shipped. I agree with you completely, there was no way I was paying close to 1500-2k for old used seats when this one was absolutely perfect.

HectortheRican
QUOTE (richee3 @ Mar 23, 2016 - 7:16 AM) *

Same same. I like the red confetti but there's something nasty about those Recaros biggrin.gif
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Mar 23, 2016 - 11:18 AM) *
QUOTE (richee3 @ Mar 23, 2016 - 7:16 AM) *

Same same. I like the red confetti but there's something nasty about those Recaros biggrin.gif

If you have never sat in one just pull the trigger and get one or a set. They are remarkably comfortable for a bucket! And also look the best with the color scheme in my opinion.
njccmd2002
Dang that was a nice price
4-eyed-freek
Not much of an update. I spent the day yesterday with my buffer in hand and the paint restoration kit. I believe the results speak for themselves, I am completely taken away by how fantastic it looks!

HectortheRican
She's gorgeous!!

I did that last weekend. Just me, my Celica, some rubbing compound, a clay bar, and caranuba wax. She seriously looks brand new. Used up all the daylight, too!
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (HectortheRican @ Apr 10, 2016 - 4:06 PM) *
She's gorgeous!!

I did that last weekend. Just me, my Celica, some rubbing compound, a clay bar, and caranuba wax. She seriously looks brand new. Used up all the daylight, too!

Thanks!! It was pretty relaxing, that is until I spelt the polish. Luckily the kit came with enough to do the car at least 3 times.
enderswift
Its nice to see that a car like that is with someone that takes good care of it thumbsup.gif paint looks fantastic
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (enderswift @ Apr 11, 2016 - 6:37 PM) *
Its nice to see that a car like that is with someone that takes good care of it thumbsup.gif paint looks fantastic

Thanks!! biggrin.gif
richee3
It'll look awesome in my rearview mirror! biggrin.gif

... when I park in front of you at a meet, of course.
4-eyed-freek
QUOTE (richee3 @ Apr 11, 2016 - 10:31 PM) *
It'll look awesome in my rearview mirror! biggrin.gif

... when I park in front of you at a meet, of course.

Is this a subliminal way of telling me your going to be at the meet??? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.