Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5sfte with 2nd gen 3s injectors?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Arturio55
I have a 95 GT and over the past 2 years ive acquired quite a few Things, enough to turbo the 5sfe.
my question is, could i used 2nd gen 3sgte injectors to do this? I have the fuel rail and stock fpr also.

Other things i have are map sensors (both 2nd gen and 3rd) intercooler, piping, downpipe, boost and oil pressure gauges, about to order a manifold and i access to an safc if necessary (or could buy emanage) i recently sold the ct26 turbo i had but can always pick another one up if i can use the injectors. Dont wanna spend too much money because i plan on buying a 3rd gen 3s very soon. But if i can turbo the 5s with the stuff i already have then hey i may as well do it. If it blows up then idc, im buying a 3s anyways. If it runs good then ill just run the 5sfte til it blows or i get tired of it.
Smaay
easy answer, no. long answer yes but you have to add a resistor pack. 3S-GTE injectors are low impedance, 5S-FE are high. you are better off using 7M-GE green or yellow injectors.

or you can use RX-7 460 injectors.
Arturio55
QUOTE (Smaay @ Mar 29, 2015 - 6:59 PM) *
easy answer, no. long answer yes but you have to add a resistor pack. 3S-GTE injectors are low impedance, 5S-FE are high. you are better off using 7M-GE green or yellow injectors.

or you can use RX-7 460 injectors.

I have a 3rd gen 3s resistor pack. Any idea how i could wire it in?

Also would these injectors be a good buy? 440cc high impedance
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...849&alt=web
Smaay
yes those should work and thats a good deal.
lagos
I don't think that the 3sgte fuel rail will bolt to the 5s head, and you can't use 3sgte injectors in a 5s rail because they are side feed. This is why people recommend rx7 injectors.

Save your money on the map sensor and safc, and buy a DIYPNP megasquirt kit for $500 to run the car. Without it you are going to be running way too much ignition advance and will blow the motor sooner or later.
Smaay
^^^^ this
Arturio55
QUOTE (lagos @ Mar 31, 2015 - 8:24 PM) *
I don't think that the 3sgte fuel rail will bolt to the 5s head, and you can't use 3sgte injectors in a 5s rail because they are side feed. This is why people recommend rx7 injectors.

Save your money on the map sensor and safc, and buy a DIYPNP megasquirt kit for $500 to run the car. Without it you are going to be running way too much ignition advance and will blow the motor sooner or later.

Already have 2nd and 3rd gen map sensors and an safc at my disposal, thats the only reason i considered doing a 5sfte.

Since im buying a 3sgte in 2 weeks and already have all the required parts to swap it in, i figured i might as well turbo the 5s until it blows. I dont need/want it to last long, i just want to have fun with it before i take it out. I mentioned that already. i would only consider spending another 200 to do it, which would pay for injectors.
when i get the 3s i might throw the turbo and map sensor on my 5s and drive it for a day until it blows. If i do this i will document everything
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.