6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ok Now Im getting Upset, Really looking for help here guys, please.
post Apr 9, 2014 - 3:10 AM
+Quote Post
Lil-Joe101

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 7, '07
From Corpus Christi, TX
Currently Offline

Ok guys need some help with the dreaded code 54 maybe if thats whats causing the issue. I know my IC water pump is the cause being its not the factory pump and wired directly to the acc. More importantly, I went through alot of the threads I cant find how to fix the issue given my situation. I had a basic understanding of it till.....BAM I noticed all my wires in the harness and IC water pump relay are completely different colors than stated on the threads. Keep in mind this is a 3rd gen 3sgte. So what do I do now? Its irritating not being able to boost or rev past 4k rpm.
Everytime I rev past or even reach 4k it lags like as if it hits a govenor and jerks really bad. Not sure if this is caused by code 54 or not. And when I mash on the gas it hesitates for a minute, and almost stalls then BAM!!!! Im flying down the street. What could cause this? I have brand new injectors, pump, filter, plugs, wires, and with both boost settings (A)10psi (B) 12psi

--------------------
From Japan to Texas my st202 follows me.

Being different from every angle of the word, leading the Revolution (TOYOTA NATION)
The RHD st202 that made it from Japan check it out. http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=78103
post Apr 9, 2014 - 4:57 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...10165628AAobTse
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...mp;d=0&nmt=

Something I found from a quick search. It's strange the wiring colour differentiation though. But yes, from what I can find that code puts it into limp mode.

This post has been edited by Box: Apr 9, 2014 - 5:00 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 9, 2014 - 7:12 AM
+Quote Post
WannabeGT4

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 10, '03
From Wichita, KS
Currently Offline

Throw this circuit in at the ECU:

This post has been edited by WannabeGT4: Apr 9, 2014 - 7:13 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Project ST204.5 99.88946% complete...
post May 3, 2014 - 3:22 PM
+Quote Post
mgnt232

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 16, '09
From New York
Currently Offline

Is code 54 your only code? I had a code 54 after my swap, but it was because I went to a FMIC. All limp mode did from my experience, and all the threads I went through is just not allowing boost to build. Hit about 1lbs and sit there.
Thats real strange if its the only code you are throwing, seems like a lot more could be wrong. I never had the W2A setup, so I dont know what its like with the wiring, but if you go to a FMIC and cut all that out I have a thread with the wiring to kick that code 54 in the face thumbsup.gif
My code 54 wiring (last post)
took me a long time to sift through all the threads that gave me like have the wiring.

--------------------
I've spilt my heart into this car :) And I don't ever plan to stop

- 6GC for Life -
>Semper Fi<

1994 Cupra :p 3sgte
1995 Celica ST DD
1969 Chevelle SS

alllll balls. P2 approved!
post May 6, 2014 - 3:24 AM
+Quote Post
yellowchinaman

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 11, '08
From London
Currently Offline

Hold Up Joe.
I know 54 is intercooler pump and level etc... but many of us ST205 owners come across failed pumps with no warning.
Often the 54 refers to the water level or lack of water in the charge cooler and not the actual pump.
Have you bridged the water level sensor?

If so then maybe you should just do this mod and use a different power source for the motor.

http://www.gt4dc.co.uk/info/howto/205_fmic...mic_code_54.htm

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 7th, 2024 - 4:22 AM