6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 364 365 366 367 368 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Jul 11, 2020 - 4:37 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

*twiddles thumbs*

~Casey

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 12, 2020 - 1:51 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 11, 2020 - 4:37 PM) *
*twiddles thumbs*

~Casey

*twiddles Casey's thumbs*

-Lorelei

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 12, 2020 - 3:22 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

*twiddles thumbs*

~Casey

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 12, 2020 - 1:51 PM) *
*twiddles thumbs*

~Casey

*twiddles Casey's thumbs*

-Lorelei

Hey hey now, ya'll keep that twiddlin private now ya hear? THIS IS A CHRISTIAN FAMILY SERVER! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Almost done polishing up the Celica, I'm just going sooooo slow on it and I don't know why. I think the heat just exhausts me so much, even on the weekend I've barely done anything.

--------------------
post Jul 12, 2020 - 5:21 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 12, 2020 - 3:22 PM) *
Hey hey now, ya'll keep that twiddlin private now ya hear? THIS IS A CHRISTIAN FAMILY SERVER! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Its funny, I just recovered from quite literally being dead, a while back. I guess I was so foul that hell spit me out after heaven said I couldn't come. (TL;DR - I was clinically dead for 25 hours.) Now, about that wholesome, pure, christian blood...

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 12, 2020 - 3:22 PM) *
Almost done polishing up the Celica, I'm just going sooooo slow on it and I don't know why. I think the heat just exhausts me so much, even on the weekend I've barely done anything.

Probably because of the heat, and also because there's nothing better to do.

-Lorelei "Bloodlust" Moira.

This post has been edited by Box: Jul 12, 2020 - 7:11 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 12, 2020 - 9:12 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

To be fair I am wet sanding some spots with 5,000 grit 3M Trizact and then those areas need to be polished in 2 steps. I'd love to get a soft curved sanding block and wet sand some of the OEM orange peel down but that OEM peel also makes the car somewhat scratch resistant since scratches when they do happen (and they always happen) don't look as bad since they're just hitting the peaks of the peel, if that makes sense. Also I'd need a 3 or 3.5 inch polisher to get some of the tighter curves and areas polished properly. Might try out an orange peel pad though, always been interested in one...

--------------------
post Jul 13, 2020 - 7:38 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 12, 2020 - 9:12 PM) *
To be fair I am wet sanding some spots with 5,000 grit 3M Trizact and then those areas need to be polished in 2 steps. I'd love to get a soft curved sanding block and wet sand some of the OEM orange peel down but that OEM peel also makes the car somewhat scratch resistant since scratches when they do happen (and they always happen) don't look as bad since they're just hitting the peaks of the peel, if that makes sense. Also I'd need a 3 or 3.5 inch polisher to get some of the tighter curves and areas polished properly. Might try out an orange peel pad though, always been interested in one...

I think you're obsessed.

~Casey

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 13, 2020 - 12:57 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

And then you know I'll get it painted in a couple years anyway.

--------------------
post Jul 13, 2020 - 1:41 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 13, 2020 - 12:57 PM) *
And then you know I'll get it painted in a couple years anyway.

All that work for nothing. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 13, 2020 - 2:02 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

If enjoy the time you wasted then it's not time wasted - Darth Jar-Jar.

--------------------
post Jul 13, 2020 - 8:52 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 13, 2020 - 2:02 PM) *
If enjoy the time you wasted then it's not time wasted - Darth Jar-Jar.

That's true to some capacity I suppose.

Car selling and buying is such a pain...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 14, 2020 - 8:50 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 13, 2020 - 1:41 PM) *
All that work for nothing. tongue.gif

Not to be the realist here, but allow me to enlighten those of you who live for the future.

Life is all for nothing. When we are born, we rely on others to take care of us. When we are dying, we rely on others to take care of us. When we are born, we have nothing. When we die, we leave whatever we amassed behind. Selfish thought? Sure, but undeniably true. You don't get to bring things with you when you die. That's why I always find it comical when people ask to be buried with their possessions, especially like "Bury me in my 1964 Impala" or whatever. Think about it. When you can't think about or take care of something, does what happens to it really matter? Plenty of people die every day that we, as individuals couldn't care less about. So why live for the future when you can enjoy today?

Live in the moment. The future is uncertain. Saving up billions of dollars is great, but what if on the day you hit that goal, you die? What if you never make it to that goal? All for nothing, right? You forced yourself to save all that money, and now you can't do anything. We are taught to assume nothing will happen to us, but the reality is that the vast majority of people will spend 40 or 50 years of their lives working towards retirement, get there, and not know what to do with themselves or not be able to do what they planned due to frailty from age.

On another topic:

When I was very young, maybe 9 or so, I realized that having what you want in life as soon as possible may be seen as shortsighted, but really, its the only way for me to live. I don't base my life on what other people say. I'm 32 now. From the time I was old enough to have a car until the last time I owned a car, I owned 17 cars. I never asked for a penny of help on them. I can be proud of that. The cars ranged from $1500 to $40,000, most of them falling around the $25k mark. I've always been one to buck the trend, though. I don't like having what other people have. I like the idea of a drag focused Lotus Elise, or a Lateral-G Machine Challenger. Not because people say that's a bad idea, or that I could do it cheaper. I do it because its not the norm. It isn't what people usually go for. I'm the person who throws a K24Z7 in a 60s mustang and boosts it to the moon, or a VR38DETT built to handle 1500 AWHP in a Subaru Legacy Wagon. I'm also the person who would take an 80s stretch limo, move the engine to a rear position, and slap around 2000 HP in it and go drag racing.

I'm not interested in having a ferrari or a lamborghini. I'd rather have a fiero with a body kit, stuff an LS4 in the back and boost it to the moon. **** having the real thing, when I can build a better one for 10% of the price, or less.

-Lorelei

This post has been edited by Box: Jul 14, 2020 - 8:51 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 14, 2020 - 9:06 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Ultimately everything returns to the void, but you should still plan accordingly within the constraints of human life and society.

LS4/F40 swapped '88 Fiero GT, I'm feeling it.

~Casey

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 14, 2020 - 9:04 AM) *
Ultimately everything returns to the void, but you should still plan accordingly within the constraints of human life and society.

LS4/F40 swapped '88 Fiero GT, I'm feeling it.

~Casey

With a ferrari 360 body kit.

-Lorelei

This post has been edited by Box: Jul 14, 2020 - 9:06 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 21, 2020 - 8:54 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I just had an epiphany.

The biggest of perk of being trans, post GCS, is being able to have sex with anyone and not worrying about adding another row of seats to your car.

-Lorelei "Minivan Free For Life" Moira

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 22, 2020 - 8:33 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Lorelei says I should get a Miata after saying all of this time that I shouldn't, I concur. Looking at the NB1 despite the safety concerns, they seem to go for $3-4K all day for decent examples. The NB1 is 150 pounds lighter than the NB2 and runs on 87 like the NA, so there's that. The more I thought about it I really don't want to spend $5-6K for a NC1 Miata that I'd just want to replace later on(that and I want to save money for other things), the NB1 could be K swapped etc... for a fun track and weekend car. Should be safe enough just driving around town, getting us to work etc...

~Casey

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 23, 2020 - 7:13 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 22, 2020 - 8:33 PM) *
Lorelei says I should get a Miata after saying all of this time that I shouldn't, I concur. Looking at the NB1 despite the safety concerns, they seem to go for $3-4K all day for decent examples. The NB1 is 150 pounds lighter than the NB2 and runs on 87 like the NA, so there's that. The more I thought about it I really don't want to spend $5-6K for a NC1 Miata that I'd just want to replace later on(that and I want to save money for other things), the NB1 could be K swapped etc... for a fun track and weekend car. Should be safe enough just driving around town, getting us to work etc...

~Casey

I also say that your dumb ass should fix the listing so it doesn't say 6396 or some dumb number. give them a real looking price.

~Lorelei "I need something to do" Moira

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 23, 2020 - 9:35 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 23, 2020 - 7:13 AM) *

~Casey

I also say that your dumb ass should fix the listing so it doesn't say 6396 or some dumb number. give them a real looking price.

Set it to $6,200. Happy now?
~Casey

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 23, 2020 - 3:59 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 23, 2020 - 9:35 AM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Jul 23, 2020 - 7:13 AM) *

~Casey

Set it to $6,200. Happy now?
~Casey

Yes. I think that number makes sense.

Also, I need a job and an education.

-Lorelei "Bored to pieces" Moira

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 23, 2020 - 6:54 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

At some point should we just make a thread or forum just for you two?

--------------------
post Jul 23, 2020 - 9:07 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 23, 2020 - 6:54 PM) *

Perhaps?

~Casey

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 23, 2020 - 6:54 PM) *

Only if you decline to post yourself. This place would be much more lively if you and a few others did.

-Lorelei "la resurrección" Moira

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 23, 2020 - 10:59 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

https://youtu.be/lfVJcnAyC-I

--------------------

400 Pages V  « < 364 365 366 367 368 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 14th, 2024 - 7:12 PM