6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

392 Pages V  « < 390 391 392  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Jan 22, 2021 - 9:06 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Online

I have thoughts about the eclipse but too hard to typyt on mobile

--------------------
post Jan 22, 2021 - 11:22 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jan 22, 2021 - 8:06 AM) *
I have thoughts about the eclipse but too hard to typyt on mobile

I kept seeing the amount of work required to make a quality eclipse and decided not to continue looking at them. I also remembered feeling claustrophobic in the one i drove, and how visibility was dog **** in it.

So i kept thinking and stumbled upon the idea of opening up to a car that looks good but doesn't necessarily go fast or doesn't have an automatic. The more I thought about it with Casey, the more apparent it became. Why not an early 1UZ SC400? The car looks great, has an upgrade path down the road (And they make swap kits with the CD009 from the 06+ 350z/370z/G35/G37 manual transmission. The 1UZ models are the same insurance if not less than the 2jz na, so i looked at a few. the 2JZ models could have a manual, but the 1uz runs forever and has two additional cylinders.

So i'm looking very hard at an SC400 right now, and it makes sense on a lot of levels. Reliable, Cheap, Parts are easy to get, aftermarket support is minimal but they are tried and true, proven good looking car, plush inside, RWD, v8. runs on premium most of the time but that seems reasonable for a lexus from any year. gas is cheap here. originally i was like "yeah lets do a supercharger build" and then i was like well there's not a lot of kits out there for them, everything seems to be super big $$$$ so a custom kit pieced together with a power goal of 500 wheel horsepower. A single turbo setup is probably the best for the racing i intend to do eventually but i need to learn more about turbo sizing and how air flows, dual tunes, etc.

Also have an interview for a job as a server/waitress today, hopefully I can pull that off. It'll be one of those places you throw peanuts on the floor and have delicious meat dishes.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

Casey: What kind of pet do like best?
Lorelei: Big Spiders and People.
post Jan 22, 2021 - 3:37 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Online

Solid. Just make sure you do the timing belt and water pump immediately bunless you have receipts showing it was done recently. The doors are a little weird to get used to but they're not a deal breaker.

--------------------
post Jan 22, 2021 - 5:32 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jan 22, 2021 - 2:37 PM) *
Solid. Just make sure you do the timing belt and water pump immediately bunless you have receipts showing it was done recently. The doors are a little weird to get used to but they're not a deal breaker.

Thanks! I'll do that.

also

I got the job!

Reliable Daily / "Race Car" when?

I'll be a server at a local roadhouse, so i'm really excited. First day is monday. Keep your peepers peeled for any running and driving SC400s with a decent body. 93-95 strongly preferred, staying away from anything 98+. Running and Driving, Solid body a must. Paint doesn't matter. Gonna wrap it eventually anyway.

This post has been edited by Box: Jan 22, 2021 - 5:34 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

post Jan 23, 2021 - 9:02 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Online

How about after you've kept the job a few months?

--------------------
post Jan 25, 2021 - 10:43 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

So had a reason to use the fog lights today and it turns out for some reason the passenger side is deep yellow and somewhat usable, but the driver side is overly filtered white and barely visible. Not sure what gives there then.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

392 Pages V  « < 390 391 392
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: January 27th, 2021 - 2:15 PM