6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 274 275 276 277 278 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Jan 12, 2018 - 7:18 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

No offense taken at all. I contacted fortune, still waiting for a response, I like that they are based in VA and can fix their products in a reasonable time. Im not 100% on any coil yet. Im still doing my research and getting first hand experiences from others. The nice thing a couple buddies of mine have different brands so ive test driven a couple over the same roads to see where they stand, All of them are relatively new with less than 3k on them
post Jan 12, 2018 - 8:03 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

All the cars I've ever been in with coils have been BC, Megan, or with my brother's being the only PBM and I just don't like them. Too stiff and bouncy, which most being overly lowered doesn't help but that's mostly a mismatch between springs and dampers. Of the Taiwanese stuff it seems like from worst to best Megan, BC, then PBM. I can't recall being in any Ksport or D2, but I imagine they fall somewhere in between those three. I was watching a video on two RSX Type-S a reviewer was testing, one had Megan and the other were Fortune, and at least from the video itself and the reviewer's comments the Fortune were way better about ride quality and not being bouncy. Which if my brother raised the Genesis an inch(which he won't do, it was hard enough convincing to raise it just enough to stop scraping) the PBM may not be that bad. Though if it were me I'd go with Cusco, KW, or Tein since they're an option, but I'm not going for max drop/looks either.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 12, 2018 - 9:54 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

My BC's do ride hard but are livable. They released digressive shocks like the year or two after I got mine. I might upgrade to those in a few years for better road manners, they absorb smaller road imperfections without 'chattering' around and skipping tires or something, I don't know. I can supposedly rebuild them myself but I kind of want to upgrade to something better with independent compression/rebound. I'm not thrilled with what I can do with the rear rebound and compression rate at all, it needs less rebound but being a single adjustment if I turn it softer it also compresses more which I don't want. But you get what you pay for when you spend $1000 on coilovers! Overall I'm satisfied with the handling and performance I've experienced and how well it rides given the stupid spring rates I've decided I like. 8k front and 12k rear is always going to be a hard ride no matter how good the damping is AND I installed all the poly bushings at the same time so I can't really say how much is from one or the other you know?

--------------------
post Jan 12, 2018 - 11:42 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I think KW is one of the few that offers a coil-over with rebound and compression, they make a V2 rebound adjustable kit for the 7th gen. Maybe you could convince them or arrange to have a V3 kit made that has rebound and compression adjustment.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 12, 2018 - 11:57 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well so does Cusco in their upper end set, but they don't make anything at all for the Celica of course. Why the aftermarket has forsaken the Celica is beyond me.

Looking around so does Tein, but only on select vehicles do they offer the line ups with it. Then so does Fortune Auto apparently. Yet again with any of them the cars that get access to the higher end line ups is more limited. Though maybe if they already make at least something for your car you could get something worked out, but would probably have to pay through the nose to get it.

This post has been edited by Box: Jan 13, 2018 - 12:13 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 13, 2018 - 2:58 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Finally decided on and ordered an utility kilt, because I've wanted one for awhile so why not. Yes, like any other young boy I'd dream of wearing a kilt and now dreams are becoming reality. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Box: Jan 13, 2018 - 3:08 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 13, 2018 - 5:06 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Youtube comment gold

"Remember, you're not premature, just efficient. If she wanted you to finish together she should have started earlier."

--------------------
post Jan 13, 2018 - 7:57 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I'm sure that's entirely out of context.

Anyhow, fun fun:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 13, 2018 - 11:52 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Hey, where's the water pump? laugh.gif

--------------------
post Jan 14, 2018 - 2:21 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

On the engine. tongue.gif Everything is done and back together now, just going to wait until tomorrow to run it and bleed the cooling system. That and change the clutch fluid again. Then need to get a timing light since apparently we don't have one, even though I'm fairly sure we did at some point, in order to set the timing with the new 5XRacing timing wheel. Now it's just a matter of him doing the transmission and differential fluid at work as well as a shifter rebuild and it'll be 100% caught up on everything, wooo.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 14, 2018 - 11:23 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Oh that's not the engine I'm thinking of I guess, there's a VW/Audi engine with the water pump driven by a tiny vacuum cleaner belt off the back of the engine on the side of the block, but that engine has DI and dual VVT and variable valve lift, and a bunch of other stuff.

--------------------
post Jan 14, 2018 - 4:37 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

That's the Miata. At the time of the picture it wasn't on, was just after stripping everything off to do the timing and water pump. Though at the time of the comment it was back on.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 14, 2018 - 7:05 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I thought you were doing all that timing belt stuff on the Audi for some reason. I think I need a drink, I'm getting confused.

--------------------
post Jan 14, 2018 - 8:56 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jan 14, 2018 - 6:05 PM) *
I thought you were doing all that timing belt stuff on the Audi for some reason. I think I need a drink, I'm getting confused.

We did do the Audi a few months back.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 14, 2018 - 11:19 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I'm fairly certain I'm bipolar, I've having one of my manic "feels like I can fly" episodes and I have the compulsion to laugh for no reason whatsoever. It'll only be a matter of time before I come back crashing down though. Would be nice if I spent more time in a manic state versus a depressed one though, I just feel so energized and happy and my brain has this rushing tingling sensation. From one extreme to another.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 16, 2018 - 8:38 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

My kilt was supposed to be delivered today, but then the light dusting of snow shut the state down... So no kilt, and no snow to play in. I am sad.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 17, 2018 - 2:30 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Sigh... and the crushing depression where I feel like ending it all is back... My brain is back to burning and it feels like I'm underwater. It's like a roller coaster, but in your head, and you go from the highest highs to the lowest lows and you're never in between for long. That and the roller coaster is never the same and you never know what to expect. Maybe I should see if therapy is covered by insurance, but I don't want to be labeled. I'm fairly certain I'm bi-polar, but that's my business and the internet's. Probably nothing will work anyway, I was on anti-depressants at one point through my general practitioner and they did nothing. It's like... meh... I'm tired of crap never doing anything...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 17, 2018 - 8:08 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

get a cat.

--------------------
post Jan 17, 2018 - 10:44 AM
+Quote Post
1994Celica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From West Texas, USA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jan 17, 2018 - 3:30 AM) *
Sigh... and the crushing depression where I feel like ending it all is back... My brain is back to burning and it feels like I'm underwater. It's like a roller coaster, but in your head, and you go from the highest highs to the lowest lows and you're never in between for long. That and the roller coaster is never the same and you never know what to expect. Maybe I should see if therapy is covered by insurance, but I don't want to be labeled. I'm fairly certain I'm bi-polar, but that's my business and the internet's. Probably nothing will work anyway, I was on anti-depressants at one point through my general practitioner and they did nothing. It's like... meh... I'm tired of crap never doing anything...

Psychologist man. It really turned my life around. It’s worth the money. Only caveat is you have to want to get better. Many people I know try it and just don’t seem to want to change. Also make sure you find a good one.

This post has been edited by 1994Celica: Jan 17, 2018 - 10:50 AM

--------------------
JDM Part King

post Jan 17, 2018 - 11:50 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

QUOTE (1994Celica @ Jan 17, 2018 - 11:44 AM) *
Psychologist man. It really turned my life around. It’s worth the money. Only caveat is you have to want to get better. Many people I know try it and just don’t seem to want to change. Also make sure you find a good one.

This. There is only so much help you can find on a dying car forum. It sounds like you need help from a real, tangible person.

I hope the best for you.

I've fought with depression and suicidal thoughts nearly my entire adult life, so I know how lonely it can be when you're trapped in your own head. In your case, it's only exaggerated by the health problems that you're having. It's time to go see someone. Someone who is going to help you talk through your issues, not just medicate you in the hopes that it will go away.

--------------------
~bloodMoney

400 Pages V  « < 274 275 276 277 278 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 10th, 2024 - 12:48 PM