yeah I guess I was just blindly hoping they would frown.gif
post Mar 12, 2014 - 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Euro Lip finally arrived. Did a quick spray in black and fitted, it looks nice but not perfect. The whole car needs a repaint.

Overall I absolutely love the look. I've been wanting this piece for a long time. It's getting really close to being where I want it. At least cosmetically

You can't really see but the lip is about 4 inches lower from the tip of the bumper and about 3.5 inches from the ground.

Took it for a spin and haven't scraped on anything so it's better designed against bumps then it looks

Also bought a new set of Cooper RS3-A tires and a set of 25 and 30mm spacers.

I had to get my fenders rolled and there is still the slightest bit of rubbing when I go over hard bumps, so I've been super careful.

I love the tires by the way. They look great, ride great, and you can get them for a great price from discount tire direct on ebay.

I'm starting to debate getting a new car as a daily driver, so I don't have to put more stress on my car and help preserve the celica for as long as possible.

I say this but i'd probably still drive the celica anyway. I love my celica.

post Mar 13, 2014 - 12:29 AM
+Quote Post
The_enD

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 12, '13
From Bulgaria
Currently Offline

Oh, man, the lip looks great. It sits very nicely on a GT-FOUR.

--------------------
FS thread : Custom Celica parts made to order + more

Click the image to visit my FB page

post Mar 14, 2014 - 11:07 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Im digging the look of that lip

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Mar 14, 2014 - 9:05 PM
+Quote Post
Red123

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 25, '11
From Tbilisi
Currently Offline

that lip looks very nice thumbsup.gif

--------------------
post Mar 15, 2014 - 11:47 AM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

thanks! i gotta get someone with a DSLR to take better pics. Iphone camera isn't cutting it anymore
post Mar 28, 2014 - 3:22 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Projectors!

Got them for $400 shipped. Driver side headlight has broken tabs, but they were included so I think I can fix them with glue.

Does anyone know if a USDM housing will fit the JDM housing?

I think I'm gonna go with 6000k HID's, after I modify them for US roads, hopefully thats not too difficult.
post Mar 29, 2014 - 9:47 AM
+Quote Post
mkernz22

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '10
From MA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jesse09 @ Mar 28, 2014 - 4:22 PM) *
Projectors!

Got them for $400 shipped. Driver side headlight has broken tabs, but they were included so I think I can fix them with glue.

Does anyone know if a USDM housing will fit the JDM housing?

I think I'm gonna go with 6000k HID's, after I modify them for US roads, hopefully thats not too difficult.

I believe the projector housings are different than the USDM ones
post Jul 1, 2014 - 10:25 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Haven't been updated in awhile. Not really any big mods done

Added the 98-99 Steering wheel and took out the 7th gen. wheel.
The ENDs cluster pods

Only a few small more details to take care of then I can't wait to for an actual engine swap.

post Oct 12, 2014 - 2:06 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Picked up some 5zigen FN01RC for cheap the other day but it was more of an impulse by. After thinking about it i'm not really sure how I would like them on the celica. I painted 2 of them in a smoke/bronze metallic color, haven't had time to do the other 2. May sell them, don't know yet..

post Oct 12, 2014 - 2:12 PM
+Quote Post
The_enD

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 12, '13
From Bulgaria
Currently Offline

I like them.

--------------------
FS thread : Custom Celica parts made to order + more

Click the image to visit my FB page

post Oct 14, 2014 - 10:53 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

I'm liking those 5zigens. Damn clean car either way though!

What did you use to paint your risers and splitters? I'll be jumping that hurdle soon.

--------------------
post Oct 15, 2014 - 6:25 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Malek @ Oct 14, 2014 - 11:53 PM) *
I'm liking those 5zigens. Damn clean car either way though!

What did you use to paint your risers and splitters? I'll be jumping that hurdle soon.

Thanks!

I just used a can of black 202 from a local automotive paint shop. Cost me $8 and it did a really good job. It blends in smooth.
post Jan 25, 2015 - 4:17 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

I've had a sudden resurgence to continue rebuilding and improving my Celica.

I have a lot of plans but for now my main goal is to go back and tidy up all the corners that i've cut when dealing with my car over the years.
I've always respected the neat wiring work of njccmd and I'd like to at least convey that theme where possible.

-----------------

Finally got a chance to pick up the splash shields and fender liners i've been missing for years

Cleaned them up, I may spray them with some rubberized under coating before installing but idk yet.

Also finally found a set of decent fenders, they not in the pristine condition i've been holding out for but they're still not bad.
Im debating if I want to attempt to cover the USDM side indicator holes and cut a slot for the JDM style indicators

Also ordered a bunch of stuff. HID's, harnesses, plugs, wiring loom, relays and a fog light kit from amazon. and LEDs from superbrightleds

---------------
Suspension is my next goal. I'll hope to have everything ready by the time my illusive quest for more HP begins.

Bought a Suspension Technique rear sway bar for... $37 shipped. Brand new from amazon.
I was going to wait till it arrived before I spread the word, but when I went back the price went back up frown.gif

I'm plan to upgrade to rear disc brakes (EBC pads and Centric drilled rotors), polyurethane end links, front ST sway bar, polyurethane front and rear bushing kit, And maybe GT4 rear strut and 3 point front strut.

I'll be updating this thread more often if all goes well.
post Aug 6, 2015 - 6:09 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Added the fairing to complete the roof rack.

Got a few other things that I'm starting to gather parts for, mainly braking upgrade
post Aug 20, 2015 - 2:51 PM
+Quote Post
Naxx

Enthusiast

Joined Aug 16, '15
From Norway
Currently Offline

where did you buy Your floor mats ? btw good looking Celica smile.gif
post Aug 21, 2015 - 4:37 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Naxx @ Aug 20, 2015 - 3:51 PM) *
where did you buy Your floor mats ? btw good looking Celica smile.gif

Thanks. I got them on eBay a few years ago, however I haven't seen another set since.
post Aug 31, 2015 - 7:01 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

I almost have all the parts needed to complete my braking overhaul. So far I have

For the rear:
GT backing plate, calipers, centric seals and piston, brackets, new centric rotors, EBC 2000green stuff pads, Stoptech SS brake lines, centric parking brake hardware kit.

For the front
Avalon Dual piston calipers, centric seals and piston, GT caliper bracket, Stoptech SS brake lines, EBC 2000 green stuff pads. I think all I have left to buy is the Stoptech Slotted Rotors and a full front and rear brake upgrade will be installed.

Also..

Got a STEAL on a set of original GT4 3-Spoke alloys with Yokohama A520 Tires with decent tread life. I just need to source some center caps.

Waiting to install GT4 rear strut bar covers and sleeve as well. I have front euro splitters awaiting install after my JDM style fenders get finished this week or the next smile.gif

post Sep 1, 2015 - 9:48 AM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

How the HECK did you get an ST sway bar for 37 dollars?!
Also, waaaay back in the journal, how did you manage to get the gtfour bumper fit with the stock hood without a gap? cwm13.gif

--------------------
-Protection mode, For when your amp tries to blow its load.

1995 Toyota Celica GTS - Daily Driver
1999 Chevy Cavalier - Winter Beater
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback - Dead

My Celica!
post Sep 1, 2015 - 10:30 AM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Sep 1, 2015 - 9:48 AM) *
How the HECK did you get an ST sway bar for 37 dollars?!
Also, waaaay back in the journal, how did you manage to get the gtfour bumper fit with the stock hood without a gap? cwm13.gif

I have no clue why it was so cheap. I bought it at $37 on amazon and checked on it the next morning to give 6gc a heads up and it had jumped back up to normal price.

About the bumper. I didn't do the work, a local body shop installed it. But i believe he had to mold/flex the bumper about an inch for it to work. Sorry not much help lol

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:43 AM