I'm down but I think theres not much interest in so Cal members
post Apr 9, 2013 - 1:44 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Id go but its the same crap every year. And the scions take up way to much room. The only scion that shud be allowed is frs. N even tgen the frs sgud be limited to spaces but thats just me. Even my celica didnt get any recognition as ive said this before. Cudnt even find it in any forum or magazine that took pics onine when i entered it in 2011. Lame! Anywhoots for u first timers have a blast

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Apr 9, 2013 - 5:23 AM
+Quote Post
Lil-Joe101

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 7, '07
From Corpus Christi, TX
Currently Offline

I'd go, but we all know my current situation, lol. Miss ya guys

--------------------
From Japan to Texas my st202 follows me.

Being different from every angle of the word, leading the Revolution (TOYOTA NATION)
The RHD st202 that made it from Japan check it out. http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=78103
post Apr 9, 2013 - 6:12 PM
+Quote Post
DST94

Enthusiast
Joined May 11, '09
From California
Currently Offline

Any ideas on a good meeting spot? I think you guys should go. . . Ive got a hunch that the 6GC will be well represented this year.

--------------------
post Apr 11, 2013 - 9:32 AM
+Quote Post

Enthusiast
Joined May 16, '11
From YYC
Currently Offline

Ill be there for the first time!!!!! smile.gif
post Apr 12, 2013 - 10:31 AM
+Quote Post
Luism392

Enthusiast

Joined Aug 1, '06
From Loma linda
Currently Offline

QUOTE (83841 @ Apr 11, 2013 - 7:32 AM) *

If u bring down the gt4 i m definitely down to meet up at a spot before we head to torc
post May 5, 2013 - 9:39 AM
+Quote Post
Green_MachToy

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 21, '04
From Oceanside
Currently Offline

QUOTE (83841 @ Apr 11, 2013 - 3:32 PM) *

Great first visit! Great job taking first place and representing the "New School" Celicas - the GT4 looked great! Having some of our all-trac brethren (and sisters) from other generations was a beautiful sight. I think more of them should have taken the other positions than the 7th gens. But then again I am not one of the judges. It was nice to see those that did participate in the show and the enthusiasts that enjoyed seeing those cars on display!

This post has been edited by Green_MachToy: May 5, 2013 - 9:50 AM
post May 5, 2013 - 9:24 PM
+Quote Post

Enthusiast
Joined May 16, '11
From YYC
Currently Offline

Thanks.. I was very disappointed that we were thrown in with the 7th gens...The 7th gen celicas should of been placed in its own category. I dont know how they judged but whats done is done. Sorry didnt get to chat with you as much as I dont even recall meeting you, there were crap loads of people. Anyhow till next year......

1st Place Medal

This post has been edited by 83841: May 5, 2013 - 9:28 PM
post May 6, 2013 - 12:48 PM
+Quote Post
Green_MachToy

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 21, '04
From Oceanside
Currently Offline

QUOTE (83841 @ May 6, 2013 - 3:24 AM) *
Thanks.. I was very disappointed that we were thrown in with the 7th gens...The 7th gen celicas should of been placed in its own category. I dont know how they judged but whats done is done. Sorry didnt get to chat with you as much as I dont even recall meeting you, there were crap loads of people. Anyhow till next year......

1st Place Medal

I was the green AWD conversion showing across from you.

This post has been edited by Green_MachToy: May 6, 2013 - 12:50 PM
post May 6, 2013 - 1:22 PM
+Quote Post

Enthusiast
Joined May 16, '11
From YYC
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Green_MachToy @ May 6, 2013 - 12:48 PM) *
QUOTE (83841 @ May 6, 2013 - 3:24 AM) *

1st Place Medal

I was the green AWD conversion showing across from you.

Awww yes I remember who you are.....We were just talking about how you should of won, with all the mods youve done, the judges must of been blind and are newbies! I hear that you must have at least 8 cars of the same gen to be in its own class, thats why were all thrown together.

This post has been edited by 83841: May 6, 2013 - 1:23 PM
post May 7, 2013 - 12:42 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

their is no acquired taste. at torc. all judges choose fast and 100% clean paint cars. speedhunters finally published their photos of the event.

6gc. celica's just bairly started showing up 2-3 years ago. but they still don't get recognition and probably never will unless its rhd and imported.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 10, 2013 - 3:33 AM
+Quote Post
celicast184

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '08
From riverside, ca 909
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Green_MachToy @ May 5, 2013 - 10:39 AM) *

Great first visit! Great job taking first place and representing the "New School" Celicas - the GT4 looked great! Having some of our all-trac brethren (and sisters) from other generations was a beautiful sight. I think more of them should have taken the other positions than the 7th gens. But then again I am not one of the judges. It was nice to see those that did participate in the show and the enthusiasts that enjoyed seeing those cars on display!

hey, im the asian dude who chatted up with you about your conversion!!! boy i gotta say man, awesome work!!! possibly, do you have a project thread i can follow as i wanted to do the same conversion for the rear to setup for rwd!! or maybe we can even meet up to check it out in more in depth view of your work. im located in riverside, ca btw....

--------------------

I <3 MY ST214
post May 11, 2013 - 10:55 AM
+Quote Post
Green_MachToy

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 21, '04
From Oceanside
Currently Offline

QUOTE (celicast184 @ May 10, 2013 - 9:33 AM) *
QUOTE (Green_MachToy @ May 5, 2013 - 10:39 AM) *

hey, im the asian dude who chatted up with you about your conversion!!! boy i gotta say man, awesome work!!! possibly, do you have a project thread i can follow as i wanted to do the same conversion for the rear to setup for rwd!! or maybe we can even meet up to check it out in more in depth view of your work. im located in riverside, ca btw....

Yeah brother I would be glad to help with any questions on the rear conversion. DST94 is also looking at doing a conversion - his is AWD. We are down in Oceanside. He is on here more than I am, so I would suggest hiting him with an IM.
post May 11, 2013 - 11:03 AM
+Quote Post
Green_MachToy

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 21, '04
From Oceanside
Currently Offline

[/quote]

Awww yes I remember who you are.....We were just talking about how you should of won, with all the mods youve done, the judges must of been blind and are newbies! I hear that you must have at least 8 cars of the same gen to be in its own class, thats why were all thrown together.
[/quote]

Thanks for the props, but you have a great looking car yourself. Well, if we need 8 or more in a class to be in our own group, then next year we need to get more people from 6GC.net to go down there with us! I would definitely go again. I was glad to see the genuinely interested people that wanted to know about or just appreciate our cars. I enjoyed meeting you guys. I am in to do it again next year - you coming back down?
post May 13, 2013 - 11:49 AM
+Quote Post

Enthusiast
Joined May 16, '11
From YYC
Currently Offline

Not to sure if I will attend next year its still quite a ways.....Maybe you just need to register 8 times laugh.gif

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 7th, 2024 - 10:34 AM