6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 361 362 363 364 365 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Jun 12, 2020 - 10:28 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Nah, I was already slowing down on driving it then we moved to Denver. Now we live somewhere where people just can’t drive and the roads are covered in debris. We don’t even drive the Celica anymore because people and roads here suck.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 12, 2020 - 12:36 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

You should move back,we miss you and your perfect hair.

--------------------
post Jun 12, 2020 - 11:37 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I have been discussing next cars with my significant other; so far we're hovering around Civic Si, Celica GT-S, MazdaSpeed3, WRX/9-2X Aero, MR2 Spyder, and NC1 Miata. I dunno... Ideally something safe, reliable, and practical; efficient is a bonus. Perhaps a Genesis 2.0T or FR-S, but I doubt I'll have the funds.

Yay adulting.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 13, 2020 - 9:41 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I don't think I've washed my Mazda since..winter, until today. Needs a clay and light polish with fresh protection applied but meeehhhhhh I think I think I'll just toss on some waxy stuff and call it good enough. I have some pretty fine polish I could hit it with on a 50/50 pad or a finish pad and it would look great and I'd love to but I also would love to not expend the effort doing that. Maybe next weekend if I have the free time.

--------------------
post Jun 13, 2020 - 10:31 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well, it is a '98 626; if that helps your decision making.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 13, 2020 - 11:20 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jun 13, 2020 - 10:31 PM) *

I'll end up polishing it, want to play with wet sanding a few rough spots and buffing it down and it's a perfect test bed for that. I've got some 5000 grit foam backed wet sanding cloth, need to get a block to hold it.

--------------------
post Jun 14, 2020 - 8:10 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 13, 2020 - 11:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Jun 13, 2020 - 10:31 PM) *

I'll end up polishing it, want to play with wet sanding a few rough spots and buffing it down and it's a perfect test bed for that. I've got some 5000 grit foam backed wet sanding cloth, need to get a block to hold it.

Well there ya go.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 14, 2020 - 10:47 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Just not this time, lazy is winning. A coat of wax while she does her homework later before another forest run with the dogs. For the one dog it's less of a run and more of a holding her back so she doesn't shoot off in a straight line with sufficient velocity to escape earth's gravity.

--------------------
post Jun 14, 2020 - 12:57 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Ah yes, doggo escape velocity. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 14, 2020 - 1:43 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jun 14, 2020 - 12:57 PM) *
Ah yes, doggo escape velocity. laugh.gif

She takes off like a top fuel dragster, thankfully she's slowed down a little in her older age but in her prime she was a small animal seeking missile! Her rear hunches up, her bag legs tension, he paws dig in and splay the sides just a little and BOOOM she's gone. Inside the house she flops more than a soccer player and can't be bothered to do much of anything.

--------------------
post Jun 14, 2020 - 7:02 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Doggo rocket. woot.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 14, 2020 - 8:08 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

They and myself were much less rocket-like today. I guess I didn't eat enough or something cause I barely ran anything and I was exhausted. I need a nap.

--------------------
post Jun 16, 2020 - 5:32 PM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Anyway, Its true. I'm alive. I'm here to cause trouble for box and my adoptive family. God. Never thought I'd be so happy to have a family.

Well, either way, I took something from Box today. I mean, I had to. I spilled lotion on it.

post Jun 20, 2020 - 12:35 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Lorelei6gc @ Jun 16, 2020 - 5:32 PM) *
Anyway, Its true. I'm alive. I'm here to cause trouble for box and my adoptive family. God. Never thought I'd be so happy to have a family.

Well, either way, I took something from Box today. I mean, I had to. I spilled lotion on it.

I never thought I'd be so happy being with someone, so it balances out. smile.gif

Oh my...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 20, 2020 - 3:06 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

--------------------
post Jun 20, 2020 - 4:09 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 20, 2020 - 3:06 PM) *

Heh. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 20, 2020 - 7:23 PM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 20, 2020 - 3:06 PM) *

Its hilarious because there's another forum I frequented that people would post that exact gif whenever I'd show up.
post Jun 21, 2020 - 12:42 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I'm pretty sure I gave myself a migraine trying to figure out what parts I needed to do the two piston front caliper brake upgrade on the Celica. At one point there was a post somewhere that listed out the parts that fit a 7th gen but I can't find it anymore, I swore I book marked it but it's not there. I think the calipers were from a ES300/V6 Camry, it used the stock Celica rotors, and 6th gen Celica pads. What I'm most unsure about are the rotors since the 6th gen pads are .4mm thinner, I thought I had figured out some slightly thicker brake rotors to make up the difference and once I mathed everything out it was about 30% more pad area, 20% more piston area, and about 10% more rotor mass for a combined roughly 25% better stopping over the stock front brakes. Since I want to replace the front calipers I figured I'd try to get that all sorted out and order up parts for it, it would be nice to have some more front brake since I often find I'm locking rears up and getting them very hot due to the aggressive pads, lack of brake dive, and solid rear rotors. I figure a little more front brakes would maybe take some braking load off the rears and alleviate this.

But for ****s sake trying to find all the caliper, bracket, rotor, and pad dimensions in one ****ing place is impossible so I'm crossing parts across about 25 different tabs trying to match dimensions between parts and cross compatibility between parts so that if part x fits cars x/y/z and part c fits cars c/d/z then part x must also fit car c and car d as well since they would have to share the same mounting hole spacing but car c has the wrong lug spacing while car d has the right lug spacing but a thinner rotor which would make the thinner pads even worse, etc and so on and holy hell my head is spinning so hard I made myself nauseas!

--------------------
post Jun 23, 2020 - 7:30 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 21, 2020 - 12:42 PM) *
I'm pretty sure I gave myself a migraine trying to figure out what parts I needed to do the two piston front caliper brake upgrade on the Celica. At one point there was a post somewhere that listed out the parts that fit a 7th gen but I can't find it anymore, I swore I book marked it but it's not there. I think the calipers were from a ES300/V6 Camry, it used the stock Celica rotors, and 6th gen Celica pads. What I'm most unsure about are the rotors since the 6th gen pads are .4mm thinner, I thought I had figured out some slightly thicker brake rotors to make up the difference and once I mathed everything out it was about 30% more pad area, 20% more piston area, and about 10% more rotor mass for a combined roughly 25% better stopping over the stock front brakes. Since I want to replace the front calipers I figured I'd try to get that all sorted out and order up parts for it, it would be nice to have some more front brake since I often find I'm locking rears up and getting them very hot due to the aggressive pads, lack of brake dive, and solid rear rotors. I figure a little more front brakes would maybe take some braking load off the rears and alleviate this.

But for ****s sake trying to find all the caliper, bracket, rotor, and pad dimensions in one ****ing place is impossible so I'm crossing parts across about 25 different tabs trying to match dimensions between parts and cross compatibility between parts so that if part x fits cars x/y/z and part c fits cars c/d/z then part x must also fit car c and car d as well since they would have to share the same mounting hole spacing but car c has the wrong lug spacing while car d has the right lug spacing but a thinner rotor which would make the thinner pads even worse, etc and so on and holy hell my head is spinning so hard I made myself nauseas!

Hmm... https://www.newcelica.org/threads/conversio...o-story.343568/

Also apparently there were kits from T-Sport, TRD, and StopTech. ST is still available:
https://www.lmperformance.com/926789/83-855...tors-front.html

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 23, 2020 - 7:47 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Sadly I'm married to my 16" wheels, I have brand new tires on them and I kind of like having a little sidewall to protect from bends.

Ah yes, the Avenisis thread! I think that may have the info I was looking for buried in it somewhere. Thank you! While the Avenisis brakes aren't what I need (not available in NA markets) and not much better than the GTS front brakes (He was swapping from a GT) that may send me towards the correct info again.

--------------------

400 Pages V  « < 361 362 363 364 365 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 23rd, 2024 - 12:28 AM