6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Project: I dunno yet ('99 GT), NOW with pictures & video [IN COLOR]! (Update BOTTOM of pg.5)
post Mar 2, 2021 - 8:31 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Mar 1, 2021 - 10:02 PM) *
Definitely not a good situation for a lot of people. I myself lost power for a little over an hour (but I got other thoughts about that situation, & we'll save those for another time & place).

Yeah if you can't get from one side of the city to the other in 20min it's either because you hit ALL the red lights or a crash causing traffic to back-up. LOL.

If you're in the area again, hit me up. I'll try my best to show you around.
Of course that offer extends to anyone.

I stumbled into downtown without knowing it. only give-away were the parking meters. lol The duck-fat fries from Block 16 was probably my absolute favorite thing I found in Omaha. lol

I'm looking for another job as it is because management & company ownership here is probably the worst I've ever worked for thus far, so I doubt i'll be up there again, but in the weird off-chance that I do get deported back up there in the mean time, I'll holler. I know the next project they're sending us off to in about April is to Chicago.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Mar 5, 2022 - 10:12 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

Filled up the Celica last night... $47.85... oof.
post Apr 9, 2022 - 11:50 AM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

The best part I've found of owning a Celica is a nice cold morning sunroof & windows open & the heat on high. * feels good man *
It's that perfect temperature mix.
post Apr 10, 2022 - 8:15 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Apr 9, 2022 - 11:50 AM) *
The best part I've found of owning a Celica is a nice cold morning sunroof & windows open & the heat on high. * feels good man *
It's that perfect temperature mix.

There's a magical spot with my windows where the air comes in and swirls around behind my head but doesn't buffet my ear, and on a cool night I can put the heat on the floor on high with low blower and cruise around some country roads. Yeah. smile.gif

--------------------
post May 15, 2022 - 1:48 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I got a PDF of testing for the ignition coil if you end up needing it to check the new coils are in spec. I'll put up a link when I'm.bsvk home.

--------------------
post May 15, 2022 - 2:29 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

Yeah those parts didn't solve the problem. About do for story time but kinda mentally drained/ tired too/ don't care to give a fluck right now.
post May 15, 2022 - 3:53 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 15, 2022 - 2:29 PM) *
Yeah those parts didn't solve the problem. About do for story time but kinda mentally drained/ tired too/ don't care to give a fluck right now.

kindasad.gif was it at least better? Probably the pickup coil in the dist but should check first, there's specs to check that in the PDF. But you gotta check it when it's actually failing or failed. The hardest thing to fix is something that's not all the way broken yet. Sorry my guess was wrong, I feel kind of bad about it. Or the new parts are usual **** quality. For sure need to check coil resistance on the new part tho.

--------------------
post May 16, 2022 - 12:24 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19jIxTvJohO...iew?usp=sharing

--------------------
post May 16, 2022 - 7:39 AM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

So here's what happened on the trip home...

After Jordan (Thank You sir!) took me to the O'Reilly's warehouse in Naperville & then all the way back to Ottawa, installed the ignition coil & ignition control module. Started up good & revved fine, sounded like a car.

Started the trip home & 6-7 min down the interstate (about 1/2 way to Peru) it started acting up again! WTF! I was going about 77mph. Awhile down the road there was some construction so I slowed down to about 67 mph. The issue is barely noticeable at that speed, so I continued at that speed until Davenport were the issue starts to show itself again. If it gets bad enough the CEL will flash while it's happening but won't stay on.

So I drive to the big I-80 truck stop to fill up with gas. I idle at the pump for a minute & it hickups but it catches itself, continue to idle for not even maybe another minutes & it dies. So I Thought to myself, put some premium (along with a can of fuel system cleaner) in there what can it hurt. I let it cool off for about a hour. Get back on the interstate & I can still feel the surging/ bucking/ whatever the issue is. Its still doing it so I pull of the interstate at Grinnell, IA.

I let it cool down a few minutes. Well I got some brake clean maybe it's a vacuum leak, start car spray around vacuum hoses & stuff, nothing. Turn car off & I let the car sit maybe a total of 45min-1 hour. Well Imma just going to send it the rest of the way home. I get back on the interstate thinking to myself just go 65mph like you were before & the issue was barely noticeable/ non-existent. So I go about 65mph all the way to Council Bluffs, about 15min from home & no issues! Maybe the premium fuel & fuel system cleaner worked! INTERESTING! Well since I'm 15min from home, let's do a test. I tip into the throttle, not full throttle but maybe 3/4 & started doing it again! Let off to coast, tip into the throttle same damn thing. NOW it's doing it again! Flashing CEL when it gets bad. Go home pull into the garage idles decent. Turn car off.

I currently have to stop typing & get to work, I probably forgot a detail & will have to add more.
post May 16, 2022 - 8:07 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

My pride is wounded that I guessed wrong and it cost you money. If you need to check hot parts resistance you can hear the oven to about 210, put parts in,btien it off, and let them heat soak for about 15 minutes then check hot resistance. It's possible it's not an ignition issue, but usually when a fuel pump fails it just stays bad. I'm glad you made it home safely though. Feel free to text me any questions if you want.

--------------------
post May 16, 2022 - 11:42 AM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

Should have just drove to your shop and took a week off work to fix it, lol.

Just from various searches it might be...
- Engine coolant temperature sensor
- Upstream and/ or downstream O2 sensors
- ECU

Haven't checked anything yet, possibly this weekend.

This post has been edited by navseal345: May 16, 2022 - 11:47 AM
post May 16, 2022 - 1:16 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

That would have been a nice vacation in a not nice place.

--------------------
post May 16, 2022 - 6:56 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

Facts, LOL.
Even if you're "working" as long as it's not at your place of employment that'd be ok vacation with me.
post May 16, 2022 - 7:43 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

No I mean my work is in a bad place. I wouldn't like walk around at night a lot where I work and certainly would not trust a hotel nearby to not give me scabies and bed bugs.

--------------------
post May 16, 2022 - 8:18 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

Gotcha
post May 17, 2022 - 7:30 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Damn. That sucks Devin. I'm sorry your drive was so ****ty.

Have we considered a clogged up fuel filter? Maybe it takes time to pull the gunk up from the bottom of the filter before it starts to effect driveability....

Sorry also for missing the meet in general. Didn't want to be spreading pink eye with my kids that can't keep their hands to themselves.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post May 17, 2022 - 12:10 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

I did purchase one but didn't install it because they kinda a cunt to do. Its for a '99 Camry which is a little bigger in dimensions (bigger is better right? lol), see if it fits good enough or not at all.

There's always another MidWest Meet to make it to.
post May 18, 2022 - 3:20 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Aye forgot to tell you, you're part of the Takata airbag recall. Check your VIN to be sure.

--------------------
post May 18, 2022 - 6:37 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

Yeah... I've got a few letters. Probably should get that done sometime.
post May 19, 2022 - 7:55 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Tell the dealer "ever since" when it stalls driving home after the airbag.

--------------------

11 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 2:23 AM