> car died....now power windows, sunroof and gauges dont work
post Feb 4, 2014 - 1:07 AM
+Quote Post
celicaluva79

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 6, '12
From south carolina
Currently Offline

so my car died other night, i replaceed the alternator and put a newer batter in, so far it cranks and runs. ever since right before it died tho, i noticed the power windows, sunroof and gauges dont work. My windshield wipers work, but they are very slow. whats goin on? it has a new alternator, why isnt the windows and gauges working now?

This post has been edited by celicaluva79: Feb 4, 2014 - 1:09 AM
post Feb 4, 2014 - 1:53 AM
+Quote Post
RavenAegis45

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 25, '08
From CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (celicaluva79 @ Feb 4, 2014 - 2:07 AM) *
so my car died other night, i replaceed the alternator and put a newer batter in, so far it cranks and runs. ever since right before it died tho, i noticed the power windows, sunroof and gauges dont work. My windshield wipers work, but they are very slow. whats goin on? it has a new alternator, why isnt the windows and gauges working now?

Well a similar incident happened to my car but that was when i reversed the terminals on the battery and blow my main fuse, perhaps you've blown the main fuse have to taken a look at it?
post Feb 4, 2014 - 2:07 AM
+Quote Post
celicaluva79

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 6, '12
From south carolina
Currently Offline

no i havent..i was.kinda hoping it was just a fuse....bcuz everything works exept power windows, moonroof, gauges and my wipers are slow.
post Feb 4, 2014 - 6:08 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

check all them little things people call fuses,

check all your grounds

check battery voltage,

take your car to autozone to check the charging system

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 23, 2023 - 10:20 PM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
From wild 100's, South Chicago
Currently Offline

I’m having the same problem:change the alternator, turn car on , to check , I turn the head lights on ,turn radio on and put the time on the clock, then every power inside turn off; the wipers and taillights no working nor the power look .Only thing with power is the headlights ,door lights and hazards lights. ALL fuse check good,check alternator and battery wire all normal.At least turns on but it donot have brake or signal lights
post Jan 19, 2024 - 12:50 PM
+Quote Post
nics

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 15, '08
From Royal Oak, MI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Dec 23, 2023 - 11:20 PM) *
I’m having the same problem:change the alternator, turn car on , to check , I turn the head lights on ,turn radio on and put the time on the clock, then every power inside turn off; the wipers and taillights no working nor the power look .Only thing with power is the headlights ,door lights and hazards lights. ALL fuse check good,check alternator and battery wire all normal.At least turns on but it donot have brake or signal lights

I'd suggest you check the 100amp fuse. It is on the main fusebox on driver side bay. You'd have to unscrew the box because the 100amp fuse is screwed in.

Back then, I accidentally shorted the system while changing the alternator. The car will start but not lights, no electricals.

--------------------
God made man....
Everything else...
Made in China

post Jan 19, 2024 - 12:50 PM
+Quote Post
nics

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 15, '08
From Royal Oak, MI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Dec 23, 2023 - 11:20 PM) *

I'd suggest you check the 100amp fuse. It is on the main fusebox on driver side bay. You'd have to unscrew the box because the 100amp fuse is screwed in.

Back then, I accidentally shorted the system while changing the alternator. The car will start but not lights, no electricals.

--------------------
God made man....
Everything else...
Made in China

post Jan 24, 2024 - 10:50 AM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
From wild 100's, South Chicago
Currently Offline

yes it was that fuse.the remanufactured alternator cover on the side was making contact with the power in screw, grounding it. Error of remanufactured or maybe it got bent in on delivery travel. So that was fix ,everything is working and charge is normal , but the battery warning light stays on.
post Jan 28, 2024 - 12:44 AM
+Quote Post
nics

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 15, '08
From Royal Oak, MI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (CoolZeen @ Jan 24, 2024 - 11:50 AM) *
yes it was that fuse.the remanufactured alternator cover on the side was making contact with the power in screw, grounding it. Error of remanufactured or maybe it got bent in on delivery travel. So that was fix ,everything is working and charge is normal , but the battery warning light stays on.

You probably shorted the alternator too. The charging system is not working. Try a different alternator.

--------------------
God made man....
Everything else...
Made in China

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 13th, 2024 - 3:52 AM