6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 335 336 337 338 339 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Jul 28, 2019 - 6:18 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 28, 2019 - 2:28 PM) *
I got it! Find a 6-speed GT-S with nice paint for less than either repainting or swapping yours!

Then I need to swap alllllll the parts over, ugh. I'd rather keep the devil I know...

--------------------
post Jul 28, 2019 - 6:53 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Haha, I know that feeling... The Firebird was supposed to be the last, but I'm too particular so bleh...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 29, 2019 - 2:56 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

How I think is changing, and I don't like it. I feel like I'm at odds with myself(because I already wasn't enough apparently) since I remember how I thought prior to 3 months ago, and that's different than how I think at this moment. My current way of thinking strengthens each day proportionate to my past way of thinking atrophying. I don't know who the real me is anymore since I find myself battling my new way of thinking by citing my old way of thinking. I feel like I'm losing myself and losing grips with reality. Though there's this part of me that says it's ok, it's part of it in addition to the physical, and part of me essentially becoming a new whole person. Maybe that's the part I should listen to instead of confining myself to thought prison.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 29, 2019 - 9:28 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Dysphoria is a strange one, hard to deal with on your own. Are you getting therapy along with this? You REALLY need to be.

--------------------
post Jul 29, 2019 - 10:22 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I have been getting therapy, but insurance only pays for 6 sessions a year and 3 had to be burned though in order to get the process going and then 1 was used right after Easter. The next session is right before or after Thanksgiving, hopefully before, and the last one is right before Christmas.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 29, 2019 - 10:58 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Nah man, you need to be seeing someone on the regular. This isn't one of those 'tough it out on your own' things, group or one on one, you need to get therapeutic help through this even if you have to do co-pays or whatever. It's completely irresponsible to give you three sessions, a bottle of hormones, and say 'ok well good luck'. That's exactly how people die.

--------------------
post Jul 30, 2019 - 10:01 AM
+Quote Post
bryanf

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 26, '12
From Atlanta
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 29, 2019 - 11:58 PM) *
Nah man, you need to be seeing someone on the regular. This isn't one of those 'tough it out on your own' things, group or one on one, you need to get therapeutic help through this even if you have to do co-pays or whatever. It's completely irresponsible to give you three sessions, a bottle of hormones, and say 'ok well good luck'. That's exactly how people die.

Agree 100%

--------------------
post Jul 30, 2019 - 1:47 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Jalopnik: You Can Buy This Near-Pristine 1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four WRC for Only $17,995.
https://jalopnik.com/you-can-buy-this-near-...t-fo-1836794151

Hot damn!

--------------------
post Jul 30, 2019 - 2:41 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well, there is the "portal" that I can use to contact my psychiatrist at any time but the last time I used it I noticed the messages go through someone else first before going to her... Which it's 6 sessions per yer, and partially bad timing that my fourth one got burnt right after the first three as had it not been from the stress of family on Easter I could've had the fourth one around now. I'm fine today, yesterday I was going from crying to angry back and forth. I think I've decided to listen to the part of me that says it's just part of it.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 31, 2019 - 6:18 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

It had to be yellow didn't it? Oh well, not like I have the money anyway.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 4, 2019 - 12:34 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

So I have the chance, for $116 and then $140 yearly renewal) to get a White Sox plate (it's black plate with white letters) that says SLOW 2 for the Celica. I'm not sure if I should. Pro's are that it's black and would match on the car nicely, I've seen other black cars with these plates and they look nicer by a WIDE margin. Con is that it's more expensive and I'm worried would make me a target for tickets.

Thoughts?

--------------------
post Aug 4, 2019 - 2:05 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Why so much for personal tags? It's only $50 additional cost at renewal here...

Anyhow, not sure why it'd make you a target for tickets more than a sporty coupe already is by advertising it's slow. tongue.gif I would try and think of something else that's also befitting of the car or yourself besides SLOW 2, but that aside if you're ok with spending the extra money for a better looking tag I say go for it.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 4, 2019 - 2:31 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

It's $116 for the physical plates and then an extra $40 ontop of the normal renewal each year, the extra money goes to a charity with kids and sports or something. Or something.

I decided against it, I talked to my lawyer friend and he agreed it would likely make me stand out like a sore thumb to cops especially in other states trying to figure out why I have black plates and then coming up with some BS as to why they pulled me over. Not that cops would ever do such a thing.

--------------------
post Aug 4, 2019 - 2:36 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Once they saw you were white and not a "minority" they'd let you go instead, not that they'd ever do such a thing.

This post has been edited by Box: Aug 4, 2019 - 2:37 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 4, 2019 - 3:04 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I had a local cop pull me over in front of my house to tell me 'you sounded fast back there' then asked me if this was my house and let me go when I said 'yeah bought it last year'. Asshole. Wasn't aware speeding tickets were issued by sound.

--------------------
post Aug 4, 2019 - 8:28 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well there is "exhibition of speed", but yeah it's total b.s. they can write a ticket based on their judgment so unless you have a dash cam going to prove otherwise you're f***ed. It's just another reason I don't like driving the Firebird, because I know at any given moment should I use the power there's going to be a cop. Though one time I may or may not have done an 180º turn with the throttle in front of two motorcycle officers and they didn't bother with me, so who knows.

Though if they saw why I'm sure they understood, the road was closed off because of construction so I was going to turn around but the asshole behind me decided to creep up towards me as I was trying to make a 3 point turn to get around. So I said f*** it and nailed the throttle to spin the car around instead.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 7, 2019 - 6:13 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well found some 15x8 that're 5x114.3 but they're either expensive and not so light around 16 pounds or they're inexpensive and flat out heavy at around 23 pounds... I don't want to go to 17's with a 23.4-23.8" tire, I don't want stock wheel widths, and I certainly don't want 23 pound wheels... I even tried seeing if anyone put 4x100 hubs onto the SW but no luck since apparently everyone else is fine with 17's. See this is what kills the MR2 for me as I can overlook the McStruts to get the hardtop/moonroof(vs a convertible) in addition to them just looking so good and imbuing a sense of specialness, but this lack of aftermarket parts though...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 7, 2019 - 7:09 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I'm sure there's 5xwhatever hubs for it. Probably 5x100 like the Celica.

--------------------
post Aug 7, 2019 - 8:51 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

5x100 isn't really any better, and if anything is worse just from doing a quick look for 15x8 5x100 wheels. The second gen MR2 is the odd one out with the MR2, since AW and W30 are 4x100 but then the SW is 5x114.3 which is great if you want 17's or bigger. Oh well, I wouldn't hold my breath on finding a hardtop/moonroof car that's not retina searing red with a manual anyway... Was just thinking about getting one instead if one such were to popup while looking for a Miata, since honestly I'd rather have an enclosed car and the SW just looks so cool and would be more special. The Miata is like the Mustang of the sports car world, they're everywhere and everyone has one as does their aunt.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 7, 2019 - 9:42 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Plenty of 16xwhatever for track Subaru in 5x100 tho?

--------------------

400 Pages V  « < 335 336 337 338 339 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 11:01 AM