6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> <Caution Under Construction>, caution loads of picture!!!
post Oct 2, 2011 - 9:51 PM
+Quote Post
RabidTRD

Enthusiast
Joined May 31, '11
From Rochester, NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (enderswift @ Oct 2, 2011 - 12:07 AM) *
Check out Wagner Thermoquiet ceramic brakes. Advance Autoparts sells them and they're lifetime warranty. That means you can beat the **** out of them and just keep getting free ones. They also stop the car very easily and smoothly.

No one does this. its a LIMITED lifetime replacement warranty meaning it only covers manufacturer defects, not wear and tear. The only reason people get away with free pads is because they bitch and moan enough so that whoever is behind the counter gives in.

/sorry off topic

QUOTE (Neon90424 @ Oct 2, 2011 - 2:17 AM) *
QUOTE (enderswift @ Oct 2, 2011 - 12:07 AM) *
Check out Wagner Thermoquiet ceramic brakes. Advance Autoparts sells them and they're lifetime warranty. That means you can beat the **** out of them and just keep getting free ones. They also stop the car very easily and smoothly.

No one does this. its a LIMITED lifetime replacement warranty meaning it only covers manufacturer defects, not wear and tear. The only reason people get away with free pads is because they bitch and moan enough so that whoever is behind the counter gives in.

/sorry off topic

Yeah that sounds pretty stupid to me Its like buying an eraser and complain that its worn down lol

Actually, at my store we do. I asked my boss and apparently it's a local thing. But we reward our customers who buy the more expensive pads and rotors. Anything Wagner, we warranty for WARE. It's not because of complaints, it's because we take good care of our customers who spend good money.

Wagner Thermoquiets and Wagner rotors are warrantied in full.

--------------------
1994 Toyota Celica GT-S 5S-FE 190k Miles. Project car
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5S-FE 170k Miles. Daily driver/beater
1999 Toyota Camry LE 5S-FE 216K Miles. RIP You will be missed.

*ASE Certified General Manager
post Oct 2, 2011 - 11:56 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

It's really at the discretion of whoever is behind the counter, some places do it routinely and it probably works out for them with repeat sales. Thing is, you cant run a business like that and it just ends up making people think they have free brakes for life. I'm just pointing out that this isn't an official thing and that you aren't entitled to free pads. But if you find a place that switches them out then more power to ya.

--------------------
post Oct 4, 2011 - 1:58 PM
+Quote Post
RabidTRD

Enthusiast
Joined May 31, '11
From Rochester, NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (enderswift @ Oct 3, 2011 - 12:56 AM) *
It's really at the discretion of whoever is behind the counter, some places do it routinely and it probably works out for them with repeat sales. Thing is, you cant run a business like that and it just ends up making people think they have free brakes for life. I'm just pointing out that this isn't an official thing and that you aren't entitled to free pads. But if you find a place that switches them out then more power to ya.

We try to get our commercial customers to do it because in the end it benefits them, and we get credit for the parts when they bring them back. You're right though... Idk if any other places outside of Rochester actually do it. We only warranty our Wagners for lifetime though. The Wearever Gold's are a one time replacement, and the basic Wearever Silvers have no wear warranty. The idea is, you can upgrade to the better pads and we'll keep you coming back. Customer service is our #1 goal haha.

--------------------

post Oct 4, 2011 - 2:07 PM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

i did this at autozone before and the more expensive ones they replace for wear, but i hate the autozone 2 blocks from me because no one in there knows sh!t about cars and its a headache, i doubt they care about customer service at all. the lady manager is the WORST person you could ever deal with, but o well.

--------------------
*Thing i want for my car(i wish i had money)*
-full gt4 front end conversion (DONE :) JUST NEEDS PAINT(next on to do list) -new seats all around
-riser blocks -fog lights -new radio and speakers all around
-full bodykit splitters and sideskirts to go with conversion (just needs fitting and painting)
-nice rims (Got TC rims and painted them white)
-light blue tint (next step will do this right after i get my paint job)
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Oct 4, 2011 - 6:26 PM
+Quote Post
Neon90424

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '11
From Paraguay, Winchestertonfieldville
Currently Offline

I once took a BOV to autozone...The guy thought I had alien weaponry in my hand

--------------------
post Oct 4, 2011 - 6:31 PM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Neon90424 @ Oct 4, 2011 - 7:26 PM) *
I once took a BOV to autozone...The guy thought I had alien weaponry in my hand

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
-full gt4 front end conversion (DONE :) JUST NEEDS PAINT(next on to do list) -new seats all around
-full bodykit splitters and sideskirts to go with conversion (just needs fitting and painting)
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Oct 5, 2011 - 2:48 AM
+Quote Post
malpaso

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '06
From Czech Republic (Europe)
Currently Offline

Damn... A lot of work you have done. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
No more replicas... This is evolution... This is SS-four :)

________[Featured Celica of 6gc.net @ 2010]_________
post Oct 5, 2011 - 9:40 AM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

thanks man i still have a long way to go till im done but i won't stop, by the way i love your car it looks amazing you always take such awesome pictures of it, its soooo clean and just love that mirror finish your car is amazing man.

--------------------
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Oct 26, 2011 - 12:28 AM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

Little update haven't been working as much on it as i had wish but today i got a FLAT TIRE >_< o well that's cars.
sooooo here we go

added the clear 3rd brake light im loving it.

also New E-brake cover love its feel and look compared to the stock, might be a little flashy for some but i like it

also getting some painting done over the week end.
Rims not going in till spring but i'm gonna sand paint and clear coat them. then get some tires any suggestion? nothing killer expensive on the budget.

redid my valve cover but broke the lil plastic hose on top got a hose in there but anyone know what thats for gonna just get another one and paint it gonna use this one temporarily i guess.

also painted the vince doggy cooling panel to match(sort of) my mirror steel radiator brackets. not real chrome but the paint is close enough to the look i want.

my real camera broke so now i got to replace it all these are cell phone pics but hoping getting a decent camera for black friday only about a month away)
and want to install the vince doggy underbody panel

was hoping to drop the car off at the paint shop this saturday but i might get some deals i just CAN'T refuse!!!!

This post has been edited by spy00005: Oct 26, 2011 - 12:48 AM

--------------------
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Oct 26, 2011 - 7:52 AM
+Quote Post
Keiri

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '04
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

The broken plastic tube is the PCV Valve; you can pick another up at any parts store for about 8 dollars with the rubber grommet it sits in.

Also, the TC rims are looking good; you sticking with white for the final color or something else? I got a set of General Altimax HPs in 215/45/17 trim for about 400 bucks and they're pretty nice tires for a higher performance all-season with good tread life.

--------------------
Has no more Celicas
post Oct 26, 2011 - 10:19 AM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

cool thanks ill do that still gonna get a \"spare\" valve cover this one had to kinda rush at the end didn\'t get enough coats of blue and also had some old paint so its looking sloppy if you look closely (not like anyone will) but i tried to get that out and it just wont how would i remove that?

yea sticking with white i think blue car white rims would sit pretty nice i played around with photoshop a bit and got this (actually i did one with tires but its on my home computer not work computer ill replace it so excuse the no tires)

Y U NO HAVE TIRES?

hmm i wonder how they\'ll fit if i install the lowering springs and spacers def consider getting those tires like i said im buy 4 new winter tires for my stock rims before the winter starts and then 4 summer tire for the TC rims and thats not a bad price only thing your kinda far, NC is like a 8 hr drive my parents drove down there last year to visit some friends and spend a week.

This post has been edited by spy00005: Oct 26, 2011 - 3:59 PM

--------------------
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Oct 26, 2011 - 1:58 PM
+Quote Post
Keiri

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '04
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

White definitely looks good against blue; the contrast is really nice.

As far as the tires go, I apologize for being unclear in my last post but I meant I bought my tires for about 400 dollars; $392 shipped from discounttires.com. You could check there for your summer tires. Either way, the car is coming along nicely and you're doing great. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Has no more Celicas
post Oct 26, 2011 - 7:45 PM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

ohhhhh that makes sense i thought you wanted to sell me some. lol. also thanks on the PCV valve 4 bucks at autozone gonna replace it tomorrow.

also it seams that that rear pass side tire was causing a bad shake in my car i had thought it was the spoiler so i drove around without it a couple of days still rumbled so i put it back on today but yesterday because of the flat i switched tires and i noticed it didn't rumble or shake and then on my way back home a really tested it and nothing guess the flat was a good thing cuz it happened while it was already parked not me on the move.

playing some more w/ photoshop now has tires im getting used to PS a lil bit

might aswell throw some spoilerless pics i took on here

This post has been edited by spy00005: Oct 26, 2011 - 7:49 PM

--------------------
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Nov 5, 2011 - 7:37 PM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

have been trying to remove my old beige/tan carpet have a black carpet in good condition going in and got some goodies still just got my phone as my camera but looking into a dslr for black friday so please bear with me

and

got a lil hungry when i opened this one laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Nov 5, 2011 - 11:19 PM
+Quote Post
RabidTRD

Enthusiast
Joined May 31, '11
From Rochester, NY
Currently Offline

Nice. I need SS brake lines

--------------------

post Nov 5, 2011 - 11:41 PM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

so i just got back inside im pretty tired but this ended up being a 2 day project. i did install the shifter and i love the feel even with out the car being on and i did remove the whole carpet now it stands

tomorrow install carpet, center panel and A/C unit

Its soo freaking cold makes it such a pain in the @$$ to work on my car but o well also i did install the rain guards but i kinda really cracked one of them sooo im kinda pissed

--------------------
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Nov 12, 2011 - 11:57 AM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

i never put these pictures up from last week finished carpet install

the blue led A/C unit. i am also making my own back up one hopefully its a lil brighter

--------------------
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Nov 14, 2011 - 4:17 PM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

today i got quite the surprise
I don't remember ordering soap, and all the way from England too?

i Knew i had ordered them but i didn't expect them to get here so quick so i kinda forgot about them and didn't even think until i open the box, new project today.

--------------------
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows
post Nov 14, 2011 - 5:42 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

oh wow guy!! great stuff you got going on here!!!! you should of got the front sway bars, you don't know what your missing!!! hehe

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Nov 14, 2011 - 5:58 PM
+Quote Post
spy00005

Enthusiast
Joined May 15, '09
From yonkers, NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Nov 14, 2011 - 5:42 PM) *
oh wow guy!! great stuff you got going on here!!!! you should of got the front sway bars, you don't know what your missing!!! hehe

i did just came in a day latter and i didn't take a pic of it. if all goes well Saturday i'll install the SS brake lines the winter tires, the front and rear sway bar and the under panel. jury duty is cutting deep into my income this month though, and i want to get new rotors, brakes and endlinks to kinda finish up my whole handling upgrade for now, ill lower it in spring after the snow season i have the shocks and springs for that in my basement.

This post has been edited by spy00005: Nov 14, 2011 - 6:00 PM

--------------------
WTB Reasonably priced
Projectors just Lows

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 9th, 2024 - 10:38 AM