6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

60 Pages V  « < 55 56 57 58 59 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richee3's Progress thread., Wilwood BBK installed.
post Jan 7, 2019 - 9:08 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

Miles or kilometers?
post Jan 7, 2019 - 9:37 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

90K Kilometers, you heathen!

Send me a link to that key please. kthxby

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Jan 8, 2019 - 12:05 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jan 7, 2019 - 8:08 PM) *
Miles or kilometers?

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Jan 7, 2019 - 8:37 PM) *
90K Kilometers, you heathen!

Send me a link to that key please. kthxby

Definitely miles, Malek was kind enough to convert it so there’s no calculating speed or distance. So it truly is 90k miles, not km.

As for the key, we bought a couple back in like 2012 from eBay. They used to be thicker and the logos were actually put on straight. This one will do the job but definitely only about half as nice as the older ones. No more on eBay right now but I’ll share the link as soon as another comes up.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jan 8, 2019 - 9:46 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

I had one of those keys back in the days too. Never did anything with it so I ended up selling it and now they can't be found and I kinda want one again. lol

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jan 8, 2019 - 1:41 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

I have keys too, they start my car.
post Feb 10, 2019 - 9:53 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Small but picture-heavy update. Had to replace our water heater in the house Saturday morning so that cut into my time out in the garage. Once that was finished up, we had a pile of new parts to take care of.

New radio since we didn’t like the Jensen that came in the car, backup camera since they’re cheap and easy to install, new speakers for the front since the passenger side didn’t work at all, AEM wideband, and yellow bulbs for the fog lights. Plus I had a few items to repair on my to-do list.

We started with the radio first since it’s easiest. Brigette said she wanted to install it herself so I showed her how to splice the Pioneer harness to the Metra harness and showed her how to install the radio. She also hooked up the backup camera herself.

She also fitted the HKS intake with a new filter. The old one was dried out and didn’t really fit.

That was it for the night. Today she wanted to take care of a few more things but she was busy so I took care of it because I’m impatient and I like doing racecar things. First up was replacing the fog lights. The car had yellow HID’s in the fog lights which were super bright and a great color but unfortunately each side took turns not working. We decided to switch back to standard halogens, not as bright but dead reliable. Unfortunately, that job was not as easy as anticipated. Very early on I learned that the fog light brackets were not bolted to the crash bar but instead were zip tied in place. The screws that hold the fog lights to the brackets were completely seized, so I had no choice but to remove the bumper.

More work than I would like to simply replace two light bulbs but necessary. I drilled and tapped the holes so the fog light brackets would be properly attached again. Next up was cleaning up the brakes. The calipers just looked a bit old so we wanted to clean them up and paint then. I wanted to do a nice shade of blue, something as close as Baltic Blue as possible. Brigette wanted to do orange. So, we compromised and did orange.

Next up was installing the wideband, an absolute necessity for turning the boost up. I bought an AEM 30-0300 that I was going to put in the Supra and move the AEM 30-4110 into the GT4. The 0300 is slimmer, faster, and has a larger digital display than the older 4110 so I figured I’d swap them out but given that I had limited time and mostly that I stopped caring, I decided against uninstalling the one in the Supra, installing a new one, and then installing the old one in the GT4. That’s three times the work so I took the easy way out and installed the X series wideband in the GT4.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3JGznq5.jpg[/

Before pulling the car out of the garage for the night, I decided to pull the fuel level sender to see why the fuel gauge has been inaccurate. I forgot to take pictures but the problem was easy to spot and easy to fix. The actual sender was not attached to the hanger. The wiring was holding it in place but otherwise it was loose in the tank. Snapped it back in place on the bracket and buttoned everything back up, turned the key on for a while and the gauge seemed to reflect the actual amount of fuel in the tank. :winning: I was finished up for the night so I snapped a couple of pictures of the cars together. I only wanted to compare the fog light bulbs on both cars for color and brightness but if both cars are parked next to each other, why not get some pictures?

This wasn’t over the weekend but last weekend I decided to use some leftover black vinyl wrap from the 4Runner to cover up the silver fuel door. The silver door stands out pretty bad but at least flat black somewhat blends and draws less attention to itself.

Also found out that my factory intake hose is slightly ripped, and that I’ll need to install an aftermarket catch can. frown.gif Sigh, maybe when we get back from Miami in March I’ll throw some more money at the car.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Feb 10, 2019 - 10:36 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

Did you put a water heater in last year?
post Feb 11, 2019 - 2:22 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

No more silver fuel door, ya dingus!

I have that same wideband in the Poopra. It's nice and does the job. I ended up buying a spare sensor for it when my piggy back was/is bad.

and dibs on the GT4 when I get up there!

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Feb 11, 2019 - 8:48 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

The headunit you have for sale has a better playlist.

Too bad you didn't go with blue, it looked realllllly good in the photoshop mockup that I sent ya. lol

also, now I think you need to change the Supra's plates so it read, NTASPRA, NTASPRA, ISASPRA

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Feb 11, 2019 - 10:02 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I forgot to add that since I had some spare LED’s laying around, I replaced the bulbs in the climate control. One of the two bulbs was burned out so it needed to be done anyway and since I had the spare LED’s, why not? The temperature dial came out a nice white but the buttons are all still kind of dingy green.

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Feb 10, 2019 - 10:36 PM) *
Did you put a water heater in last year?

Yup. Two of them. This one is #3. Needless to say this one is a different brand and we didn’t even give that company a chance to warranty this one out.

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Feb 11, 2019 - 2:22 AM) *
No more silver fuel door, ya dingus!

I have that same wideband in the Poopra. It's nice and does the job. I ended up buying a spare sensor for it when my piggy back was/is bad.

and dibs on the GT4 when I get up there!

I was looking into a Prosport wideband to match the boost gauge in the GT4, but I wasn’t sure if they were as good as the AEM. Then Amazon raised the prices so that made my decision pretty easy. I may still swap the widebands out between cars later but I’ll likely be too lazy to do it so you’ll probably see a familiar wideband in the GT4 when you get up here.

QUOTE (cheela @ Feb 11, 2019 - 8:48 AM) *
The headunit you have for sale has a better playlist.

Too bad you didn't go with blue, it looked realllllly good in the photoshop mockup that I sent ya. lol

also, now I think you need to change the Supra's plates so it read, NTASPRA, NTASPRA, ISASPRA

I pulled a sneaky on you to see if you or anyone else would catch it. The name of the song isn’t as recognizable but...

Brigette wanted orange brakes. I still say they’re tacky and don’t look good with Baltic but that decision was above me head.

Also, changing the license plate on the Supra sounds like an expensive game of duck duck goose. laugh.gif

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Feb 11, 2019 - 12:47 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

you're playing the wrong track. play this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xNiUK4fPlo

and I agree with Chee La on the plate. Been telling you that for a while now.

As much as I like my ProSport boost gauge, I'm not sure if I'd be ok with their wideband gauges. I like the PLX wideband that's in the Celica, but the display is kinda smol for someone with smol eyes. Can't go wrong with AEM.

We can change the caliper color when I get up there and I'll take the hit for it. lol

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Feb 11, 2019 - 9:04 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Way OT here but I know you guys have some pretty hard water there in Colorado, is scale and sediment at the bottom of the tank causing it to burn through the tank or was this faulty control boxes?

--------------------
post Feb 11, 2019 - 9:55 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Feb 11, 2019 - 9:59 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 11, 2019 - 9:04 PM) *
Way OT here but I know you guys have some pretty hard water there in Colorado, is scale and sediment at the bottom of the tank causing it to burn through the tank or was this faulty control boxes?

I think he did a tankless water heater.
post Feb 12, 2019 - 12:30 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Feb 11, 2019 - 9:55 PM) *

The soundtrack of Tokyo Drift is literally the only thing you’re allowed to listen to when driving a RHD car. Fact.

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Feb 11, 2019 - 9:59 PM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 11, 2019 - 9:04 PM) *

I think he did a tankless water heater.

We did, but we still have to clean it every few months. Hard water is an issue with tankless heaters so we have to clean it every three months so like clockwork. Both heaters failed in the same fashion though, wiring issues inside the unit. The brand we had before looked good on paper but two failures within a year (one after only three months) in completely unacceptable, especially electrical failures. Nothing quite like taking a shower then your whole house smelling like an electrical fire. Needless to say we did not let them warranty the second one out, there’s no way we’re giving them a third chance.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Feb 12, 2019 - 8:24 AM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

Damn that blows.
post Feb 12, 2019 - 8:49 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Electric water heater? Well there's your problem, gas is for heating things and electricity is for computers.

--------------------
post Feb 12, 2019 - 1:36 PM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
From wild 100's, South Chicago
Currently Offline

in Puerto Rico we use electric water heater.Gas is only used for stoves.
post Feb 13, 2019 - 1:28 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Have you considered installing a water softener system for the house?

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Feb 15, 2019 - 1:58 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Feb 10, 2019 - 10:53 PM) *
More work than I would like to simply replace two light bulbs but necessary. I drilled and tapped the holes so the fog light brackets would be properly attached again. Next up was cleaning up the brakes. The calipers just looked a bit old so we wanted to clean them up and paint then. I wanted to do a nice shade of blue, something as close as Baltic Blue as possible. Brigette wanted to do orange. So, we compromised and did orange.

Ha ha! I love it, the compromise. Guess I won't have to deal w/ that just yet being single. Did you ever think about silver or gold? My calipers are gold and I think it matches the Baltic Blue (given that the engine cover was also gold).
Silver would've been another option, less "subtle" perhaps.

60 Pages V  « < 55 56 57 58 59 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 7th, 2024 - 10:14 AM