> 4wd conversion
post Jun 10, 2003 - 11:20 PM
+Quote Post
TRD_Girl

Enthusiast

Joined Mar 25, '03
From Montreal
Currently Offline

I would like to know where i can find the rear end and drive shaft,etc.. to convert my 95 gt (3s-gte) fwd to 4wd.I search around my place and ebay nothing.thanks!
post Jun 10, 2003 - 11:43 PM
+Quote Post
Junior

Enthusiast
Joined May 5, '03
From Toronto
Currently Offline

Try www.toysport.comToySport
post Jun 11, 2003 - 1:14 AM
+Quote Post
97sccelica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 30, '02
From Anaheim, CA
Currently Offline

or buy a rear gt4 clip

--------------------
1994 Celica GT4 WRC Edition
@gt4.wrc on Instagram
post Jun 11, 2003 - 1:27 AM
+Quote Post
Guest_Matthew_*

ok this is not something new

you have to get a front AND rear clip of a gt4...it 100% has to be an ST205. thats a 6th gen celica gt4. you have to take out the floor of your USDM celica and swap in the floor from the ST205. also you have to swap in trunk pans and gas tank as well....be prepared to pay around 2-4 grand for the labor

the only people besides my uncle and me to do this would be Eric at E.L. Prototypes in Aruza California. they are real good. although never done anything like this before.

if anyone tells you that you can just cut a spot and weld the rear differential in there. but thats not safe. and it'll be a bitch to get everything lined up correctly...

the front and rear clip that I purchased from www.jarcoinc.com was 4500 not shipped.

dont go to toysport they are to expensive.

do some more research save some money and call E. L. prototypes
post Jun 11, 2003 - 11:40 AM
+Quote Post
scothaniel

Enthusiast
Joined May 1, '03
From Michigan
Currently Offline

I have the center drive shaft, and diff carrier from the ST205 available. $50 + shipping.

I also have the rear diff from my ST185 (I swapped in the 205). Its identical to the 205 but does not have limited slip. $75

The gas tank from the alltrac will fit with a custom bracket.

This post has been edited by scothaniel: Jun 11, 2003 - 11:40 AM

--------------------
Scott
West Michigan
post Jun 12, 2003 - 8:07 AM
+Quote Post
qatar11

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 29, '02
From Lake Orion, MI
Currently Offline

Actually don't call EL, I've heard two of my close buds on celica.net get the shaft from them, One had their harness sent from EL to me to do, and then Ray's celica is still stuck there unfinished after MONTHS.

The AWD conversion is a hell of a lot easier than everyone thinks. but you need a whole GT4 rear end to do it. Any legitimate collision shop has the ability to replace large portions of subframe, and all you do is cut out the trunk pans and swap them, using the wheel wells as a guide on the back, then lickety split you rebuild the car. This take about 30+ hours of labor so be ready to lube up bend over and wait for penetration.

My GT-FOUR should be done by the end of summer

--------------------
-Mike
mjcoury@gmail.com
Team Reynolds Style
Celica Blog
Celica Wiki

It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 10:52 AM