> Full Tune-Up, well sort of...
post Jun 13, 2003 - 1:59 PM
+Quote Post
Neipas09

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 5, '02
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

Aight next week i get my license back (finally) and i'm gettin some shiz done to my car before i hit it back on the road. I'm already doin the following for sure!

1. ACT clutch
2. Fidanza Flywheel
3. New Battery
4. Plugs and Wires
5. Unorthodox Underdrive pulley

Some of this might seem stupid to do (battery) but you gotta realize that my car has been sitting in my garage for almost 6mo without being driven once! So i'm thinkin either a Die Hard battery or some kind of high performance battery if there are any.
So i need some input from you peeps.

What's a good battery to get?
Should i get platinum or iridium plugs?
And what's some good wires to get?

I checked on magnecor wires and they are hella expensive! I think the cheapest i found was like $135. And nology doesn't even show any wires for my car (7a-fe).

Thanks for everyone's input in advance!
post Jun 13, 2003 - 2:06 PM
+Quote Post
celi_gt_racer

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 6, '03
From huntingdon tennessee
Currently Offline

for the battery.. optima red or yellow tops are tha shiz... but thats all i got smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
post Jun 13, 2003 - 2:18 PM
+Quote Post
Neipas09

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 5, '02
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

Where can i pick up one of these optima batteries?
post Jun 13, 2003 - 5:39 PM
+Quote Post
Neipas09

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 5, '02
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

Eh, nevermind i found out where to buy them.
But damn! those are some pocket robbing batteries! They better last for like 50yrs!
post Jun 13, 2003 - 8:26 PM
+Quote Post
west_minist

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 27, '02
From Barbados
Currently Offline

There last very long.

I had mine own for about 3 years now with an overcharge that almost destroy the battery.

Still going on my 2000Wrms amp

Iridium would be good, but you will be better of with ngk racing plugs. Leave those plugs for higher mods

Get some nice msd or low resistance wires. You can go with nology, but you will run into problems later on when using it with msd digital 6 plus w/ timing control.

This post has been edited by west_minist: Jun 13, 2003 - 8:28 PM

--------------------
West_Minist

Hydra EMS Dealer & Tuner
Subaru ECUFlash Tuner
http://www.socob.bb
http://xtremeracingtuning.com

Viciously Tuned, Driven Hard

post Jun 13, 2003 - 8:40 PM
+Quote Post
kuruptedsnake

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 13, '03
From brooksville,fl
Currently Offline

hey guys i have the msd sci ignition with the tach adapter will this burn out my coil or should i just go with the blaster 2 coil,also will the bosch platnium 4 plugs create a problem definitly, they dont recommend them but they said the problem is rare, i really dont know what to do
post Jun 13, 2003 - 8:51 PM
+Quote Post
west_minist

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 27, '02
From Barbados
Currently Offline

Let me say that platinum is crap.

Again, get some nice racing NGK plugs unless you are running boost, iridium is for you.

Its amazing how you think.

You have an aftermarket ignition box. Do you not think that you should have an aftermarket coil?

Give nology a call and order the M75 or if you going to see alot of racing, the M80

--------------------
West_Minist

Hydra EMS Dealer & Tuner
Subaru ECUFlash Tuner
http://www.socob.bb
http://xtremeracingtuning.com

Viciously Tuned, Driven Hard

post Jun 13, 2003 - 9:06 PM
+Quote Post
Neipas09

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 5, '02
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

Well i can't find any Nology wires for my 7a-fe so i'll probly just go with whatever i can find.
Any links to where i can buy these things are extremely helpful, or part #s will do also that way i can do a search on google.com for the part #.
I'm thinkin Iridium plugs just to save some time and money incase i decide to do a turbo on my 7afe.
post Jun 13, 2003 - 9:20 PM
+Quote Post
west_minist

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 27, '02
From Barbados
Currently Offline

www.nology.com.

If you had a old set of wires, send them to nology. There will fabricate some for you.

Call them

This post has been edited by west_minist: Jun 13, 2003 - 9:21 PM
post Jun 13, 2003 - 11:03 PM
+Quote Post
Drocay

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 3, '02
From Va Team 6gc
Currently Offline

can anyone tell me what the underdrive pully is for

thanx.

--------------------
IPB Image
All I have in this world is my Balls and my Word and I'm not breaking em for no one,- Tony Montana
Team 6gc 2005
post Jun 14, 2003 - 12:23 AM
+Quote Post
Silver94CelicaOw...

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 13, '02
From Blairstown, New Jersey
Currently Offline

An underdrive pulley is basically a replacement for the pulley that drives the belts to your alternator and air conditioner compressor......it pretty much reduces the drive to those parts, thus freeing up power that would otherwise be used to drive those devices.

Also, i have a question.....are the NGK iridium plugs pregapped or not? If they arent, then how do i go about setting the proper gap for my 5s-fe??

--------------------

3rd gen ST205 3SGTE - Alive and boosting.
post Jun 14, 2003 - 3:58 AM
+Quote Post
KAMiX

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 4, '03
Currently Offline

Neip buddy have you started your car at all in that 6 months? If not I wish you luck! I had a mate who's 96? nissan pulsar SSS (4banger FWD) seized after about 6-8 moths in storage. It's most likely not going to happen but you are supposed to start your car every fortnight or month biggrin.gif and I hope you have good oil in your car.

Don't mean to be a doombringer or anything smile.gif just made me think of that dudes car when you said it was just sitting there!

btw.. Where are you getting the flywheel from? I've just bought a nice clutch over here in Australia where I live but there is practically NO lightweight celica flywheels available over here at all. I'm thinking of getting one shipped over, but I want to get the clutch in asap.. biggrin.gif
post Jun 14, 2003 - 4:29 AM
+Quote Post
edo17982

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 21, '02
From Italy
Currently Offline

About Nology wires, take the set for 93-97 Corolla 1.8 wink.gif
post Jun 14, 2003 - 6:46 PM
+Quote Post
Neipas09

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 5, '02
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

I'm getting a flywheel from Fidanza. But good luck trying to find one! I had to badger Charlie97 for a week before he sold me his, and it was the only one he had. Sooo....anyways.

I'll check Nology and see if i can find a set for the 93-07 Corolla.

Anyone know where i could find an Optima Yellow top for under $100? Ebay is the only place i've come close so far.
post Jun 15, 2003 - 11:44 AM
+Quote Post
kuruptedsnake

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 13, '03
From brooksville,fl
Currently Offline

alright,i need a chip for my car im going with jet power chip i called them and they guranntee 12-13 more horse power
post Jun 15, 2003 - 11:57 AM
+Quote Post
kuruptedsnake

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 13, '03
From brooksville,fl
Currently Offline

oh an one more thing now that im changing everything around how much the ngk aprk plugs an the nology m80 wire sets
post Jun 15, 2003 - 1:48 PM
+Quote Post
macavely

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '02
From Hecho en la Republica Dominicana/Living in NJ
Currently Offline

if you don't want to spend all that money on a optima... just get an AC Delco battery they are the best you can get..,.. they make most of the battries in the world...

--------------------
post Jun 15, 2003 - 3:08 PM
+Quote Post
Milds3vn

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '03
From Phila, PA
Currently Offline

Yea, a battery won't make any difference in our cars other than life but any battery these days will last you a good deal. Our engines are small, its one thing if you had a big ass pickup diesel.
post Jun 16, 2003 - 4:04 PM
+Quote Post
ToYCeLi8

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '03
From South Central Los Angeles and Long Beach, CA
Currently Offline

Hey Neipas09 how much are you getting the ACT clutch and flywheel for?? Oh and what stage ACT clutch are you getting??

B/C I'm doing the 3sgte swap at the end of the month *crossing fingers* and i need to get a pretty good estimate for how much that is.
post Jun 16, 2003 - 5:20 PM
+Quote Post
Rivo

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '03
Currently Offline

Having the MSD ignition doesn't neccesarily mean you need a new coil. The stock coil works just fine, just more splicing and hassle. The blaster 2 isn't anything special, just a standard 12v coil, nothing different than the one you have now. I would suggest using the magnecore wires, I've had them with the MSD and they work just fine. If you do get them, use the stock coil, otherwise find a way to get the primary plug wire to fit in the blaster 2 tower, you'll see what I mean. Oh yeah, NGK's rock.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 2:44 AM