6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> jordisonjr's photography/progress thread, Projectors and Fog lights installed.
post Jun 5, 2010 - 1:16 AM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

I just wanted to keep track of my mods and all that, thought maybe some people would be inerested in following along. It was a bone stock red 1995 Celica hatchback GTS and this is the most recent pics I have of her. Tint was probably the first thing I added, 15% all around. I love it, just dark enough during the day, and I can still see at night.

First Thing I did was added a sound system.
- 3 10" MTX subwoofers
-1000w Clarion Amp
-Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Double Din

Next I added a canister style muffler. Not sure the brand, but it was cheap, and sounds pretty good. It may get changed eventually, but for now it will do.

I Really liked the look of HID Headlights, so I picked up some 8000k HID's from Futurvision, I local company in my city and I haven' had any problems.

Added a Short ram Intake that I ordered off ebay, and I love the sound of it. I've had so many people ask me if my car is boosted because it sucks so loud. Even A mechanic I took it to asked if it was. Maybe I should start looking for a new one... haha.

I wanted to focus on the interior next. Now it may not be everyones thing, but I wired up some LEDs uner neith the dash and inside the air vents. My dad and I made a custom Mount for the switches out of plexiglass. I removed the pocket, as I really had no use for it and Mounted he switches there. I foudn some of this wierd sheet of a giant sticker that was black called "Mack Tack" and it just happened to match the exact texture of the stereo trim so I used that To cover it.

Now some pics:

You can't see it that good, but I think it looks really awesome. Shortly after his i changed the dash lights to red too, but I don't have a picture.

My Celica had the dreaded water in the highbeam, I tried drilling it out before I really did any research, Didn't work out tooo great but it got the job done temporarily. Luckily I got a wicked deal on some headlights locally of Kloudkicka. This picture means a lot to me cause its probably the first real work I've ever done on a car, and I did it all by myself.

I stared looking at 6GC all the time and that's when I really caught the modding Bug. Unfortunately I couldn't really afford the direction I wanted the car to go, So I had to go the cheap route. I had I good idea of what rims I wanted, but couldn't afford it, so I went ahead and painted the stock rims for the time being just for a little change. ALso added an aluminum grill to get rid of the big open space

Ordered some Riser Blocks from vincent, and painted them to match the wheels, because I knew matching the red body would be fairly difficult to do, so this is how it will sit for now.

After plenty of saving up and a TON, and i mean a TON of research, I bought some Tien S-Tech's and I couldn't wait for them to arrive. The roads in my city are complete crap, so spring choice was a big choice, because I knew I wanted to get 18's and possibly add skirts and some TRD front and rear splitters.

I did the reading and decided s techs would be the best because It gave a drop, but didn't slam the car, and would reduce the wheel gap, but would still be a good daily driver and was also affordable.

Here's a before and after picture.

This took me about 7 hours, by myself. I really didn't know exactly what I was doing so I took my time. I managed to get almost all of the nuts and bolts off wih ease. Except on the last strut. The nut was stripped and the bolt had to be cut off. The endlink nut was also stripped so I replaced those, and my celica sat for a few days while the parts came in to the stealership haha. Finally got it on the road and couldn't be happier.

My car doesn't bottom out, and the ride was very close to stock.

Thats basically how the car sits right now, and Im really happy with it, except the modding bug has not left, but money kinda holds me back.

Little photoshoot I did with my moms point and shoot, they turned out not bad.

That's It for now, Any ideas, suggestions, comments, or whatever are welcome. I plan to update this thread as I go along. But you can expect an update REEAALLL Soon.

Thanks for looking, Colin.

This post has been edited by jordisonjr: Sep 7, 2016 - 9:56 AM

--------------------
-Protection mode, For when your amp tries to blow its load.

1995 Toyota Celica GTS - Daily Driver
1999 Chevy Cavalier - Winter Beater
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback - Dead

My Celica!
post Jun 5, 2010 - 2:43 AM
+Quote Post
Johnnyny

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '09
From York pa
Currently Offline

looks good what are your future plans turbo swap ?
post Jun 5, 2010 - 11:45 AM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

Not too sure at this point, I may turbo it eventually, I don't really have the knowledge for a swap, bu we'll see what happens. I was planning on importing a g four this summer, but some things came up and it's gunna have to wait till next summer.

But for now I think Im just going to get he exterior looking how I want it, just a nice clean looking car.

--------------------

My Celica!
post Jun 5, 2010 - 1:18 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

Sneak peak, Wheels are in. Proper photo shoot is a must, and I'll probably have pics up this weekend, but for now:

This post has been edited by jordisonjr: Jun 5, 2010 - 5:16 PM

--------------------

My Celica!
post Jun 6, 2010 - 5:50 PM
+Quote Post
kloudkicka

Enthusiast
Joined May 8, '04
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

niice, looks like the very first set of rims that i had on my car, good choice

QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Jun 5, 2010 - 7:18 PM) *
Sneak peak, Wheels are in. Proper photo shoot is a must, and I'll probably have pics up this weekend, but for now:

post Jun 7, 2010 - 1:31 AM
+Quote Post
Goonter

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 27, '09
From Canada
Currently Offline

looks good man. Wish i can lower mine but i like riding stock. Met up with Azian_Advanced a few days ago and he's down for a meet. We should def have one when my buddy's GT-FOUR arrives
post Jun 7, 2010 - 4:27 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

Kloudkicka: Thanks man, We should get a meet going some time, there's at least like 4 or 5 us in the city with 6th Gen's.

Goonter: That's sick, I'm totally down man. Its nice with the Tien s tech springs, it gives it a good look to the car, but not too low, and the ride is very close to stock. Only problem is my tires rub a tiny but in the back, when I go over the ****ty bumps in winnipeg haha.

This post has been edited by jordisonjr: Jun 7, 2010 - 6:51 PM

--------------------

My Celica!
post Jun 7, 2010 - 7:31 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

Alright, so as promised I got some more pics. I went out with my girlfriend, and her sister(the photograhper) and got some nice shot's with the new wheels.
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.
I know they are not the best photo's, but she's never taken pictures of cars before but here's the best of what we got:

I know the one of the wheel with the crane is really blurry, But I thought it was such a great picture either then that, that I had to post it, haha. Anyways this is my car so far.
Comments are welcome.

This post has been edited by jordisonjr: Mar 26, 2012 - 4:16 PM

--------------------

My Celica!
post Jun 8, 2010 - 10:08 AM
+Quote Post
bhawk94

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 5, '05
From Clemson, SC
Currently Offline

Your wheels look really good with the stance of the car, but can I suggest removing the grill mesh? I think the car would be much cleaner without it.
post Jun 8, 2010 - 3:14 PM
+Quote Post
Goonter

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 27, '09
From Canada
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bhawk94 @ Jun 8, 2010 - 10:08 AM) *
Your wheels look really good with the stance of the car, but can I suggest removing the grill mesh? I think the car would be much cleaner without it.

Actually i think the mesh would look good black. Simple rattle can job
post Jun 8, 2010 - 4:22 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

I think it looks wayy to open with nothing there.
Do you really think its that bad?

--------------------

My Celica!
post Jun 8, 2010 - 5:48 PM
+Quote Post
Remy

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 25, '06
From MN
Currently Offline

You need the 94-95 OEM JDM/Euro fog lights it'll look soooo much better.

--------------------
"To Protect And To Serve The Wealthy" -POLICE
post Jun 8, 2010 - 7:06 PM
+Quote Post
bhawk94

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 5, '05
From Clemson, SC
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Jun 8, 2010 - 5:22 PM) *
I think it looks wayy to open with nothing there.
Do you really think its that bad?

I agree with you that it is very open, but putting a cheap piece of metal mesh in there doesn't help it look better. I feel that I can say this because I did the same thing a couple of years back, I even painted it black at one point. I realized a liked it much more without it. The OEM fog lights and/or a nice front lip would be better. In the end do what you want to do, after all it's your car smile.gif
post Jun 8, 2010 - 7:22 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

need to get a kit now. the car seems a bit too high for the rims and it would be hard to lower it any more than it already is ( i assume its lowered)
get some skirts and lips er somthing!

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Jun 8, 2010 - 7:48 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

bhawk94: Yea I know what you mean by not wanting to put a cheap piece of metal in there lol. I only did it as a temporary fix, and I guess it sorta grew on me and I overlooked it. I can't really afford fog lights right now, ut it was a part of the plans eventually, but I do have some other things I would like to get on the car first that take prioirty.

Tigawoods: It is lowered on Tien S-Techs. Right now, I think I want to do some Trd front and rear splitters, and Trd or 404 skirts. I don't have the moeny for it now, but it is the plan for the future, but who knows how long that will last, I've changed my mind so many times already, so we'll see what happens haha.

--------------------

My Celica!
post Jun 8, 2010 - 8:18 PM
+Quote Post
NGHTKD

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '06
Currently Offline

I think it look gets great right now. ST205-esque style is the only that looks good without a kit. I'd just drop it a bit more. Good work!
post Jun 8, 2010 - 10:13 PM
+Quote Post
Euphoria

Enthusiast
Joined May 6, '08
From Lisarow, NSW, Australia
Currently Offline

looks awsome! maybe some jdm tails and a facelift bumper or gt4 front wink.gif
post Jun 8, 2010 - 10:58 PM
+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

Im not a huge fan of the facelift bumper, unless its got a full SS III kit, but I really like the prefacelift with trd front and back splitters, so I don't think I don't think i'd go with a facelift just cause its more money that could be spent else where on the car.

--------------------

My Celica!
post Jun 8, 2010 - 11:53 PM
+Quote Post
zonz540

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 3, '09
From UT
Currently Offline

The new wheels make a night and day difference, good choice. Now, drop it!
post Jun 9, 2010 - 6:31 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Jun 8, 2010 - 8:48 PM) *
bhawk94: Yea I know what you mean by not wanting to put a cheap piece of metal in there lol. I only did it as a temporary fix, and I guess it sorta grew on me and I overlooked it. I can't really afford fog lights right now, ut it was a part of the plans eventually, but I do have some other things I would like to get on the car first that take prioirty.

Tigawoods: It is lowered on Tien S-Techs. Right now, I think I want to do some Trd front and rear splitters, and Trd or 404 skirts. I don't have the moeny for it now, but it is the plan for the future, but who knows how long that will last, I've changed my mind so many times already, so we'll see what happens haha.

sounds like your on the right track! now make up your mind and get em! lol

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 19th, 2024 - 12:46 AM