+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Had a busy Saturday.

Cleaned up the engine bay.

Changed oil, tranny fluid, motor mounts, added front and rear strut bar, and painted my rear rotors to prevent rust from accumulating so quickly.

I also added a set of used rear Moog sway bar end links I purchased from a member here but not have a clunking noise that wasn't there before. Wonder what it could be.

Also added pics of the tires and wheels installed couple weeks back.

post May 26, 2017 - 9:26 AM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Lately i've been getting a bit bored driving my car and my bro recently got a stick shift 350. No one in our family's had a stick in years, so it was a cool to drive a sports car have access to driving it.

I had plans for a supercharger but i'm starting to come to the realization that I may have gotten burned on a project by a member here unfortunately.

So I figured the next best thing to do was to go for a manual swap. After searching for a running donor car with no luck, a 5 speed ST popped up in a local junkyard. I calculated the costs for each component in a spreadsheet and figured I can get away with a full swap for under $600, of course budgeting extra since these things rarely go without an extra expense or so.

I've read and researched and believe I have a full understanding into the installation. Only thing I'm still a bit stumped on is wiring. I haven't seen a good write up or explanation on how to do it with an OEM like wiring set up, where you have to depress clutch and using M/T ECU.

Going to keep reading but if anyone knows about it lmk.

I've already ordered my first parts and have more coming in, will pull the rest of the parts on Monday during half of memorial day sale. Also, bought some new suspension components for some are worn out.

The brake hardware on the left are older parts that i no longer need. Only mevotech part i will use from the picture below is the front sway bar end link.

post May 26, 2017 - 12:05 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Springville, AL
Currently Offline

SwissFerdi on here manual swapped his ST, might try sending him a PM. The information on swapping is bound to be around here somewhere though.

--------------------

1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula hardtop 6-speed

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19th, 2018 - 12:45 PM