6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MN's 1MZ 6GC, The latest updates after buying the car from snapshotgt.
post Jul 27, 2017 - 3:27 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

Looks clean still! Always like that swap. Any new additions coming soon for it?
post Jul 28, 2017 - 1:00 AM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ClevelandGaint @ Jul 27, 2017 - 3:27 PM) *
Looks clean still! Always like that swap. Any new additions coming soon for it?

I bought some rear spats from the K-turbo 6gc in MN, but I still have to repaint them. Going to get some front spats as well from funked. Nothing else power wise, unless I find myself a supercharger or 2gr... Then we in business. But winter is coming up and I got have a beater... So I might go get a rusty Celica take the beating for my summer daily.
post Aug 2, 2017 - 12:53 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

celi's looking great. you're really making it your own. we gotta meet up some day and take some pics together. smile.gif

--------------------
F*CK photobucket!!

post Aug 30, 2017 - 6:40 PM
+Quote Post
snapshotgt

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 12, '05
From Texas
Currently Offline

Toua, I am glad to see the Celica went to such a good home! You've made great additions. I gotta say there is a special place in my heart for that car. Keep up the good work!!

--------------------
Past: V6 Swapped Celica | Past: E46 BMW M3 | Current: Corvette Grandsport, Jeep Wrangler
post Aug 30, 2017 - 8:18 PM
+Quote Post
block

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '06
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Saw you on White Bear Ave turning on to 694W a couple months back. Very nice Celica as we don't seem these on the road as much anymore. The only thing that kind of looked out of place was the "V6" but it's not my car laugh.gif

This post has been edited by block: Aug 30, 2017 - 8:19 PM

--------------------
post Sep 5, 2017 - 9:39 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Aug 2, 2017 - 12:53 PM) *
celi's looking great. you're really making it your own. we gotta meet up some day and take some pics together. smile.gif

Ha ha thanks man, definitely one day we will! But wait, let me get some spats on first haha. Maybe next year spring?

QUOTE (snapshotgt @ Aug 30, 2017 - 6:40 PM) *
Toua, I am glad to see the Celica went to such a good home! You've made great additions. I gotta say there is a special place in my heart for that car. Keep up the good work!!

Ha ha thanks Colin! She will be continued to be treated the best I can provide. Maybe one day I'll bring it back down on a road trip! Who knows haha.

QUOTE (block @ Aug 30, 2017 - 8:18 PM) *
Saw you on White Bear Ave turning on to 694W a couple months back. Very nice Celica as we don't seem these on the road as much anymore. The only thing that kind of looked out of place was the "V6" but it's not my car laugh.gif

Ha ha yes, I barely see any other cleans ones on the streets of MN. He he I'm still debating if I want to take that sign off but we'll see. I always enjoy hearing people talk about that sign when they see my car.
post Sep 5, 2017 - 10:28 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Long time no update. I haven't done too much to the car so there hasn't been anything big lately.
I did however get some new clear turn signals from Wolfie so I got those installed!
Also visited the junkyard the other day, found a ST Limited model and I took the emblem for the mirror cover.

Whelps links are being funny so I'll just link the album on the build: https://imgur.com/a/8hGqu

I was about to follow Wolfie's recommendation of adding a small black line to make it look OEM, but the adhesive in the turn signal cover was mixed w/ chrome paint so I ended up adding more adhesive into the cover as well as essentially covering the outer part of the lenses.

On the car, photo isn't the best.

I opted for the the whole "clear" lenses in the front and "red" lenses in the rear so match it up better. But the next thing I have to do is get all the lights to match, cause all three (headlight, high beams, and fog) emit different color lights.

On the side note, the mission for a daily (winter at least, year-round preferable) driver begins before snow and salt hits. Plus my right cv axle is clicking so I need to find a new ST185 axle. I want OEM but man is it kinda expensive, so maybe used OEM? Not sure if I trust any aftermarket one's so I might end up forking the money for a OEM one.
Also still waiting to see if Funked can still get me them front st202 TRD spats. Then come next year both front and rear spats will be painted and on! Thinking about upgrading the brakes to the Avalon dual piston as well, just for kicks.

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: January 19th, 2018 - 12:34 AM