6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GUIDE: How to get your car to calendar..., seems there are really rules good to follow :)
post Oct 18, 2009 - 11:44 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

hey u can have a stock car but it is an amazing picture.
id vote for that
my car is stock on the exterior

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Oct 18, 2009 - 4:47 PM
+Quote Post
Supersprynt

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '03
From Connecticut
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 18, 2009 - 12:20 PM) *
To be honest...I voted for the cars, not the picture quality.

That's a shame.

--------------------
post Oct 18, 2009 - 5:14 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Well, isn't that what this is, a 6GC calendar and not a best picture calendar? I mean, I took note of the picture quality and of course, the best ones jumped out at me...but overall, I leaned more towards the car.

But rest assured, I did vote for great pictures (obviously) and I'm only one vote out of many. smile.gif

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 18, 2009 - 5:58 PM
+Quote Post
Supersprynt

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '03
From Connecticut
Currently Offline

Except it will be a 6GC calendar no matter what. The quality of the calendar depends on the quality of the photographs.

--------------------
post Oct 18, 2009 - 6:57 PM
+Quote Post
samir0189

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '08
From Orlando, Florida
Currently Offline

im no photographer, nor do i have a fancy camera and i didn't even look in the thread for 6gc calender photos or vote.. oh well.

IMO i think those rules suck malpaso, no offense to you personally.

to me, an amazing shot would be the opposite of all the rules, something different. the front of the same 6gc's, taking up 2/3 of the photo and photoshopped to pop off the page = boring and unrealistic to me.

I personally prefer whats different, cut off pieces of the car to highlight an amazing curve, or focus the image on something in particular, and natural, un photoshopped beauty, imo the background matters, etc.

all you photographers that wish to tell me otherwise go ahead, i still don't care, this is just imo, personal preference in what i think is cool. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
My F/S Thread!

(14:19:21) Daniel: That was a JDM hole in the side of the box too. There was so much JDM trapped inside that box that they couldn't contain it, so they had to put a JDM hole in the box to let the JDM out.

Ferdi says (11:29)
No, it looks like a hooker put her acid vag on your hood. Acid vag = bigger problem than a few dings.
post Oct 18, 2009 - 7:32 PM
+Quote Post
trdproven

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 2, '05
From Guam
Currently Offline

the last two posts are true too some are looking for picture quality - bad part about that is you put the nice picture in the calendar instead of the more calendar worthy cars. I thought the calendar is about celicas not picture quality.

It should be based on the car and if gets selected the person should be notified to better the quality of the picture. I know it sucks that some great cars don't have great pictures but I think the bottom line of the calendar goal is to represent with the best celicas, not the best pictures although it still needs to have good quality.

Priority
1. Good Car
then
2. Good Quality

--------------------
94 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tom's|Competition Clutch|5Zigen|Apexi|
|Laille/Beatrush|Magnecor|Denso|Royal Purple|Optima|PIAA|PW JDM|Megan Racing|Nitto|
|Work|Greddy|Samco|Project Mu|H&R|Gates|Moog|Rota|Yokohama|Epman|1320|Upgr8
04 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tein|BC Racing|Greddy|

89 Supra (Sold)
90 Supra (Sold)
post Oct 18, 2009 - 7:33 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

^ This man understands my point.

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 18, 2009 - 8:16 PM
+Quote Post
Supersprynt

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '03
From Connecticut
Currently Offline

And I disagree with that point. The calendar could be filled with Veyrons and Maranellos but if they're taken with camera phones the entire calendar is sh!t.

The calendar IS about the cars, but you also want a QUALITY calendar. I think everyone can agree the perfect picture is a high quality car in a high quality photo. If there's an outstanding photograph with a crap car, I'm not going to vote for it. Likewise, if there's an outstanding car in a crap photo, I'm not going to vote for that either. I'm not sure how you have a photographic calendar and place the quality of photos behind the quality of the cars. People see the photo first, the car second.

Also - the goal isn't to represent the best Celicas. The goal of the calendar is provide high quality representation of the Celica. This isn't a greatest hits collection by month.

BTW: Not trying to start trouble with anybody. This is just a dicussion.

This post has been edited by Supersprynt: Oct 18, 2009 - 8:22 PM

--------------------
post Oct 18, 2009 - 9:20 PM
+Quote Post
97lestyousay

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 7, '03
Currently Offline

Someone voted for 27 for which there was no image.lol

--------------------
JDM guy made me do it.
post Oct 18, 2009 - 9:46 PM
+Quote Post
supershannon77

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 18, '07
From Bergen county NJ
Currently Offline

Yea but we can't sit here and make rules like you have to vote for the best photos, yes it should be done that way but people are going to vote the way they want..it maybe because someones a friend it maybe bc they love the car. All I'm saying is we can't force things on people there going to vote the way they want.

The best thing we can do is share what stood out and why we vote for what we did that way when a member is looking to take a calendar shot they can go back and see what people normally vote/look for.

The friends thing idk I would think more people dislike me on here then like me that being said I guess my car and the photo Erik took manage to get me votes so thank you.

In the big picture I think its nice that we are doing a calendar every year and the Griff takes the time to put it together its a nice perk of this site imo.

--------------------

facebook WRC st205
post Oct 18, 2009 - 9:49 PM
+Quote Post
Supersprynt

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '03
From Connecticut
Currently Offline

Bottom line: vote for who you want to see in the calendar. I was just expressing an opinion on it.

--------------------
post Oct 18, 2009 - 9:52 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Oct 18, 2009 - 9:16 PM) *
The calendar IS about the cars, but you also want a QUALITY calendar. I think everyone can agree the perfect picture is a high quality car in a high quality photo. If there's an outstanding photograph with a crap car, I'm not going to vote for it. Likewise, if there's an outstanding car in a crap photo, I'm not going to vote for that either. I'm not sure how you have a photographic calendar and place the quality of photos behind the quality of the cars. People see the photo first, the car second.

I see your point, but it's negated by the fact that there is a resolution/quality requirement to enter photos, which is why none of mine were in there.

All of the pictures in the poll were at least good, and the ones that are on the bottom will naturally be weeded out by having the lowest votes.

Having said that...can't wait to see the calendar. smile.gif

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 18, 2009 - 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

many point and shoot can shoot hi res.
doenst mean youll get quality
even with an SLR you can take crappy photos

it comes down to whos behind the camera and their knowledge on how to use it.

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Oct 18, 2009 - 10:03 PM
+Quote Post
trdproven

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 2, '05
From Guam
Currently Offline

IDK everyone has their opinions and I don't want to make it a big deal or anything but Id rather have 12 solid looking cars with decent picture quality than 12 regular looking cars with good quality. Thats my preference, I'd rather choose a pretty girl than a girl who uses make up to look pretty. But like I said, in priority good looking car FIRST then good pictures. NOT good pictures and whatever car. I speak from a car, celica enthusiast view not no photographer, graphic designer, point of view.

--------------------
94 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tom's|Competition Clutch|5Zigen|Apexi|
|Laille/Beatrush|Magnecor|Denso|Royal Purple|Optima|PIAA|PW JDM|Megan Racing|Nitto|
|Work|Greddy|Samco|Project Mu|H&R|Gates|Moog|Rota|Yokohama|Epman|1320|Upgr8
04 Celica GT
|Toyota OEM Japan|Toyota Racing Development|Tein|BC Racing|Greddy|

89 Supra (Sold)
90 Supra (Sold)
post Oct 18, 2009 - 10:35 PM
+Quote Post
Supersprynt

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '03
From Connecticut
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 18, 2009 - 10:52 PM) *
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Oct 18, 2009 - 9:16 PM) *

I see your point, but it's negated by the fact that there is a resolution/quality requirement to enter photos, which is why none of mine were in there.

All of the pictures in the poll were at least good, and the ones that are on the bottom will naturally be weeded out by having the lowest votes.

Having said that...can't wait to see the calendar. smile.gif

Resolution doesn't = quality picture though.

--------------------
post Oct 18, 2009 - 11:04 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Oct 18, 2009 - 11:35 PM) *
Resolution doesn't = quality picture though.

I meant pixel count to be considered as well, since my phone camera is only 3MP.

But we'll have to agree to disagree.

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 18, 2009 - 11:27 PM
+Quote Post
97lestyousay

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 7, '03
Currently Offline

I can't really tell a quality high res shot from a non quality in the small sizes posted.
Unless we are voting on full size images we are basicly guessing anyway.

I will be happy just to have a 6gc.net Calendar no matter who is on it.
I remember at least one year maybe two we didn't even have one.

You Rock Griff thumbsup.gif
Keep up the good work smile.gif

--------------------
JDM guy made me do it.
post Oct 19, 2009 - 12:55 AM
+Quote Post
malpaso

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '06
From Czech Republic (Europe)
Currently Offline

QUOTE (supershannon77 @ Oct 19, 2009 - 4:46 AM) *
Yea but we can't sit here and make rules like you have to vote for the best photos, yes it should be done that way but people are going to vote the way they want..it maybe because someones a friend it maybe bc they love the car. All I'm saying is we can't force things on people there going to vote the way they want.

The best thing we can do is share what stood out and why we vote for what we did that way when a member is looking to take a calendar shot they can go back and see what people normally vote/look for.

The friends thing idk I would think more people dislike me on here then like me that being said I guess my car and the photo Erik took manage to get me votes so thank you.

In the big picture I think its nice that we are doing a calendar every year and the Griff takes the time to put it together its a nice perk of this site imo.

You are right... this tread seems to be pointless now... I just tried to find some conclusion from vote results and summarize it... frown.gif

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 18, 2009 - 6:20 PM) *
To be honest...I voted for the cars, not the picture quality. Sure I skipped over some of the crappier shots (sorry guys), but mostly I didn't notice any huge differences in picture quality that made me choose differently.

Tiga, I voted for your self-proclaimed crappy car as well. thumbsup.gif

And malpaso, I also disagree with the OEM statement...unless by that, you mean a factory stock car. But I plan on building my car (at least the exterior) with OEM parts.

of course I mean... SS-III is OEM as well but that is not what I talked about.

This post has been edited by malpaso: Oct 19, 2009 - 2:10 AM

--------------------
No more replicas... This is evolution... This is SS-four :)

________[Featured Celica of 6gc.net @ 2010]_________
post Oct 19, 2009 - 1:07 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

just want to point this out from the poll
Like it says, pick your favorites!

I just want to add my 2c. If you put in a bit of work on your celica (bodykit, paint etc or even if its just cleaning/ tidy or what ever) you'd want a quailty shot that emphasises & reflects the work your've done.

On another note It would have been cool if someone had submitted a photo in the poll of dropping an engine in. working on their celica.

--------------------
post Oct 19, 2009 - 6:30 AM
+Quote Post
Alexys

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From Austria
Currently Offline

Hey, I'm really sorry for submitting a pic showing the back of my car and additionally turned the wheels in the wrong direction.

I didn’t want to bother someone with it (Tigawoods…). wink.gif
I only have noticed that most of the pics in the previous calendar show the front of the cars.

So I wanted to distinguish my pic a little bit from the rest.
Too bad that some people doesn't see it the way I do. biggrin.gif
Nevertheless, several people voted for my pic and I have just a few friends here in the forum, who voted for me. So there must be a couple of people here who liked this pic and wanted to have it on the calendar too.

If someone doesn't like a pic or even parts of a pic, just vote for another one, but please do not mock other people after a voting!
Thanks to malpaso for the well-intentioned thread, apparently some have misunderstood this.
And I want to thank GriffGirl for her efforts on the calendar! Keep up the good work!

--------------------

All people are born unique, but most die as copies because they go through life doing what everybody else is doing,
for example building a show-off car that looks like one that already exists.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 8th, 2024 - 2:44 PM