6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 7AFE Turbo kit install by DCW, To one of our good known members celica :)
post Jan 9, 2007 - 2:19 PM
+Quote Post
doGGy

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 28, '02
From Europe, Lithuania
Currently Offline

Well guy and girls - i can proudly present another project witch i will try to document / write-up / expain to a smallest details as posible. The project is install of a Turbo kit to a Martin (malpaso) 96' ST celica.

Works begin tomorow - so i will try to write up every single day of work i will be spending on his car, all the jobs what was done, and what things are installed and WHY they are installed + how they work and etc. Hoping to make this write up to be usefull to a people who will be doing the same thing later, and for the people to understand better how things work and etc.

Keep and eye on this topic - cuz it will have lots of info and pics in the long run biggrin.gif

As for now - Martin celica is securly standing in my yeard - and Martin is traveling back home with the bus (20h drive oh man.... frown.gif ), so lets hope the owner will give his response in this topic later biggrin.gif

Romas

--------------------
Ex celica owner - just a guy from other side of the pond...
Full custom Projects from restoration to performance builds
<<<<<< DCw / JDMart >>>>>>>
post Jan 9, 2007 - 2:24 PM
+Quote Post
Kadett

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 17, '05
From The Netherlands
Currently Offline

20H drive?!?! Damnz.... then.. the car is now left with the European genius smile.gif
Really interested in this Topic and already bookmarked it in Firefox.

--------------------
JDM Powerplant installed, BPU coming very soon!

IPB Image
post Jan 9, 2007 - 2:29 PM
+Quote Post
doGGy

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 28, '02
From Europe, Lithuania
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Kadett @ Jan 9, 2007 - 12:24 PM) [snapback]516417[/snapback]

European genius smile.gif

LMAO - you know what came to my head reading these words (European genius smile.gif ) - This:
IPB Image

Lol sorry just had to post it biggrin.gif Im not a genius at all, im just a guy whos extremly (even stupidly) intrested in celicas biggrin.gif

Thanks Kadett

--------------------
post Jan 9, 2007 - 3:19 PM
+Quote Post
OOBE

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 30, '02
From San Juan, PR
Currently Offline

Subscribing...

--------------------
Past - 7A-FTE: Will never forget you
Present - 3rd Gen 3S-GTE: Swap in progress
QUOTE (SinisterSinner @ Dec 19, 2009 - 10:52 AM) *
I dont want to even think of turbos, they blow up way too often...
post Jan 9, 2007 - 3:27 PM
+Quote Post
trd94

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 9, '05
From green springs ohio
Currently Offline

i will be keeping a eye on this, i want to see a pro at work!

--------------------
IPB Image
post Jan 9, 2007 - 4:41 PM
+Quote Post
Drew-887

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 5, '05
From Upper Darby, PA(5 min away from Philly)
Currently Offline

I can't wait to see this project finished. Maybe it will give me some ideas.
post Jan 10, 2007 - 12:06 AM
+Quote Post
Fate

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 30, '04
From Atlantic City
Currently Offline

watching this thread to the fullest, please don't leave us hangin' once you begin.

--------------------
post Jan 10, 2007 - 12:23 AM
+Quote Post
snapshotgt

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 12, '05
From Texas
Currently Offline

Martin, you have a nice, clean Celica -- i'm sure you're looking forward to this new-found power. thumbsup.gif

Good luck with the waiting...it is the worst part -- trust me, i know. wink.gif

--------------------
Past: V6 Swapped 6G Celica, E46 BMW M3, Jeep Wrangler TJ
Current: 850rwhp C6 Corvette Grandsport, Gen1 6.2L Ford Raptor
post Jan 10, 2007 - 4:32 AM
+Quote Post
presure2

Joined Oct 1, '02
From fall river, ma
Currently Offline

looking forward to your results romas!

--------------------
Former Team 5SFTE pro member ;)

13.6@108MPH, 5SFTE Powered
post Jan 10, 2007 - 7:12 AM
+Quote Post
TomPoz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 25, '04
From Warsaw, Poland
Currently Offline

I had a pleasure to meet Martin on his way to Romas. Car looks (and sounds!) like GT, at least. With "T" in its engine this will be a killer. Hopefully I will be able to see the car (maybe test drive?). Also, we might be able to give it a test run vs. 3SGTE. biggrin.gif

Romas, don't forget to label it with DCW sticker. Everybody is asking me what they are about on my GT4. The answer is: this is the label of the most exclusive tuning workshop that Celica could be worked on in. wink.gif

This post has been edited by TomPoz: Jan 10, 2007 - 7:14 AM

--------------------
'94 ST202 - tuned, highly apprieciated, but sold.
'99 ST205 - imported, legalized, Stage 1 completed.
For slow driving: Yamaha XVS650 Drag Star.
The most recent addition to the family and for the family: Toyota RAV4 2.0 VVTi

Celica-Club Poland - Everything you want to know about your favourite car ... in Polish
post Jan 10, 2007 - 5:29 PM
+Quote Post
WH95TE

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 16, '06
From Plantation, FL
Currently Offline

In for later. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
post Jan 11, 2007 - 3:40 AM
+Quote Post
malpaso

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '06
From Czech Republic (Europe)
Currently Offline

Back from death at last biggrin.gif. Fell a sleep for many hrs when I got back home (details about my journey here wink.gif). Thanks for nice topic Romas, I'll keep my eye on it for sure biggrin.gif

--------------------
No more replicas... This is evolution... This is SS-four :)

________[Featured Celica of 6gc.net @ 2010]_________
post Jan 11, 2007 - 1:14 PM
+Quote Post
doGGy

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 28, '02
From Europe, Lithuania
Currently Offline

Well - tomorow is the day when everything starts. First thing from early morning - Martin's Celica will take a trip of 60miles to get the Leak Down test done and to see what we have inside of his 7A. Engine from outside seem a bit too oil'y, but this might be cuz our little friend removed the Valve cover for painting and after removal it leaks - so valve cover gaskets are already ordered biggrin.gif

If leak down test will show good results - saturday works will be started.. So lets all pray for his engine - cuz if no good news - i will have to source the long block of the 7A for a quick change up - cuz i do have the perfect 7A head with only 4K km on it...

So tomorow first info will be posted, and first pics will come up smile.gif

--------------------
post Jan 11, 2007 - 1:41 PM
+Quote Post
shin

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 21, '04
From New York City
Currently Offline

def looking forward to it.

--------------------
IPB Image
Turbo install made possible thanks to Team J.D.M.
officially 5SFTE junior member
~*MuH NeW RiDe*~
post Jan 11, 2007 - 5:56 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE(doGGy @ Jan 11, 2007 - 1:14 PM) [snapback]517051[/snapback]

Well - tomorow is the day when everything starts. First thing from early morning - Martin's Celica will take a trip of 60miles to get the Leak Down test done and to see what we have inside of his 7A. Engine from outside seem a bit too oil'y, but this might be cuz our little friend removed the Valve cover for painting and after removal it leaks - so valve cover gaskets are already ordered biggrin.gif

If leak down test will show good results - saturday works will be started.. So lets all pray for his engine - cuz if no good news - i will have to source the long block of the 7A for a quick change up - cuz i do have the perfect 7A head with only 4K km on it...

So tomorow first info will be posted, and first pics will come up smile.gif

bigport G head swap ftw! tongue.gif a little out of the budget perhaps.

--------------------
post Jan 11, 2007 - 11:20 PM
+Quote Post
snapshotgt

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 12, '05
From Texas
Currently Offline

With your setup in mind, how much hp are you going to try to go for?

--------------------
Past: V6 Swapped 6G Celica, E46 BMW M3, Jeep Wrangler TJ
Current: 850rwhp C6 Corvette Grandsport, Gen1 6.2L Ford Raptor
post Jan 12, 2007 - 1:17 PM
+Quote Post
doGGy

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 28, '02
From Europe, Lithuania
Currently Offline

Just got back from GroundZero (company who did Leakdown and company who will do a Dyno tune) with some good news biggrin.gif Martin already knows the good news, cuz i Sms'ed him on the road back.

Well the leak down showed some good results, i was expecting worse, cuz Martin was talling me what previous owner had put some Oversize pistons and etc etc for the better performance biggrin.gif But it seems like the engine was not opened and still in a original shape, so it might be what the prev owner was just braging about this to "better" sell the car biggrin.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

So the leak down showed what on the 1 cilinder we have 90% of life still left, on the second 80% on the third 85 and on the forth 80. So it seems like the engine is still in pritty good shape as it has done about 80K miles, and its almost normal wear for a 11 years old engine smile.gif

So we wount need to find a new long block biggrin.gif This will let the Martin to save up some penies wink.gif

While i was walking around in the GZ garage, i saw one thing what couth my eye:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

i thought Hmmm, maybe we should swap this one instead of turboing the poor 7A? I bet it would be fun to drive celi with this engine biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Some one can guess from what car this engine came biggrin.gif all i can say what it has 860Whp biggrin.gif

--------------------
post Jan 12, 2007 - 11:36 PM
+Quote Post
6strngs

Enthusiast
Joined May 12, '06
From Wilmington, NC
Currently Offline

subscribing...

--------------------

94 GT - Sold -------- 69 Pontiac Lemans - Sold
88 Alltrac - Sold ---- 04 WRX - Sold
00 GT-S - Sold ------ 91 Miata - project/drift car
95 GT - Sold -------- 96 GT - New Daily Drive
post Jan 13, 2007 - 11:38 AM
+Quote Post
doGGy

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 28, '02
From Europe, Lithuania
Currently Offline

oooooook smile.gif 4 hours of work - and my old ST turbo kit got removed finally from the engine. Cleaned everything out, diched few things out - cuz some things will need to be made from new, already ordered all the new flanges for the inlet / outlet for the oil to turbine, for a downpipe and etc. Here are few pics of the stuff what will be put on the 7A to squizze some power smile.gif

Whole kit placed together on the ground, still there are no silicone houses for the vacums, lots of small stuff is still not in the pics:

IPB Image

As for now - i will try to describe all the stuff what is included in thi Turbo kit and what they do and how they work:

1.In this setup im using Rising rate FPR (fuel pressure regulator) from Mallory, it is needed to inclease fuels pressure over the stock cuz you will be using bigger injectors and Turbo engine need more fuel:

IPB Image

How it works: WEB site how it works and what are the types of them >>>

2. Blow Off valve from Greddy, its a Type-S model. It is needed to reliese the pressure in the intercooler pipes when you let the gas pedal off and trottle buterfly is closed.

IPB Image

How it works and what are the types of them: Blow Off Valve >>>

3. Gauges im using in this setup are from SLM manufacture. Im gonna be using Boost pressure / Oil Pressure / Oil temp / and EGT (exhaust gas temp gauge).

IPB Image

I think most of us know how they work and why they needed smile.gif

4. Exhaust manifold what i will be using was custom build by me smile.gif Its hard to find one for the 7A block, so as we all know some people managed to use Honda B16 manifold with 7A exhaust manifold flange welded on it - so this is i think most cheap and best solution.

IPB Image

5. Turbine what will be used is from Garett, its a T3 turbine witch was build specialy for the my 7A setup.

IPB Image

Here is some info on the Turbine / Manifold and all related stuff: Info >>>

6. For the managment of the Fuel / Ignition - im gonna be using Greddy Emanage. This is one of the best PiggyBack Ecu's IMHO for the priece (now it is availible to get Emanage Ultimate witch is better, but a bit too pricey...). The major thing using this Emanage over all other piggybacks - si what you can correct Injectors setings (When using bigger injectors) doing this at the same time you will Fool yuor MAP sensor and it wound be seeing boost.

IPB Image

7. Injectors are from Ford Probe Turbo / Mazda MX5 Turbo - 330cc. 330cc is good enouth for about 220hp. If you are aiming for more - go with somthing bigger. The main thing to know is what 7A uses TOP FEED injectors what are HIGH impedance (16 ohm).

IPB Image

8. Boost controller is from Greddy, it is Profec B II (actually i was impressed with the easy to use Greddy Profec B - and i upgraded to Profec B II witch IMHO isnt worth the money cuz it is a bit too dificult to set it up...) Ofcorse if you want cheaper option - you can just go with a simple manual boost controler. But i chosed Electronic one to have 2 setings (hi Boost and Low Boost) witch can be set from drivers position and what there was options to avoid Boost spikes.

IPB Image

9. Intercooler is from Mitsubishi Starion, i rewelded inled and outlet on it, what it was easyer to make the piping on the Celica setup. Intercooler can be used from all the different cars, or universal use. All you wount need before buing intercooler - is to know what piping you will use, way too big piping diameter will give you a bit bigger lag (witch imho isnt so noticible...)

IPB Image

10. If you gonna be placing gauges on your setup (like Oil temp / oil pressure) you will definantly need some sort of distributor for the gauge sender to place in. In my case - i made my own simply taking aluminium piece and drilling one hole straight on it and one hle from top. In the pic you will see how i made it smile.gif One thing needs to be noted if you gonna go with somthing like i did - you have to mount it on the Chasis of the car - and not on the engine - cuz engine vibrates, and it might be a change what you will be loosing the bolts and etc...

IPB Image

11. Downpipe is obviusly custom piece - witch can be made at any exhaust shop. all you would need is flanges. In my case - i went with totaly custom exhaust + i made my self a down pipe too. Be sure to heatwrap the downpipe - cuz its the main source of heat (along with the header) so it is good to wrap it to avoid some heat in the engine bay.

IPB Image

12. Catch can is from Greddy.

IPB Image

Why it is needed? It collects the oil witch goes from valve cover breather to the intake manifold - instead of letting the oil straight to the intake - you connect the catch can between the breather and valve cover, so this way all the oil sits in the can. You get the cleaner A/F mixture.

For today whats all biggrin.gif I will be taking pics of every step while installing all the stuff. If some one can add or correct me (i know i will need to be corected biggrin.gif) please add - im trying to make this tread as usefull as posible!

Manny - i know you know 5x times more then i do - feel free to correct / add info on all the stuff!!! THANK YOU biggrin.gif

--------------------
post Jan 13, 2007 - 12:25 PM
+Quote Post
GTSOwner

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 28, '06
From Montreal, QC, Canada
Currently Offline

QUOTE(doGGy @ Jan 13, 2007 - 11:38 AM) [snapback]517592[/snapback]
2. Blow Off valve from Greddy, its a Type-S model. It is needed to reliese the pressure in the intercooler pipes when you let the gas pedal off and trottle buterfly is closed.

IPB Image

Sweetest sounding BOV, ever. Had it in the DSM... *drool*

Malpaso, I hope the wait won't be too painful. tongue.gif

--------------------
One o'dem crazy Canadian freaks, eh?

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 5th, 2024 - 9:07 AM