Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tigawoods' 1995 Celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > My Project
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43
jordisonjr
What causes the break caliper to stick like that? I've been told my calipers are sticking as well but not nearly as bad, because my pads are still in good shape, but how would you fix that?

I just don't want my calipers to wear out like yours did.
Tigawoods
QUOTE (presure2 @ Jun 5, 2010 - 10:17 AM) *
lovin the last round of pics man, but you need to come up for the week and let me take care of that paint for you. thumbsup.gif
dont look like you have much bodywork to do, i could get you a GREAT deal on a basecoat clearcoat job that would make that car gleam like it just came off the showroom floor.

dont forget to post your dyno sheet in the dyno sticky in the engine forum, whatever the results, its great to have that info up for comparison purposes.
smile.gif

i need to give it a good wet sand and buff it out to see what i can get out of the original coats kindasad.gif it has some deep scratches though

there are a few reasons why it could have seized but all i know now is that it is all better now. i am getting some odd noises every once in a while so i will have to recheck it
manphibian
get it to Manny asap! your photography skills demand a car with all it's panels the same colour! biggrin.gif as i'm sure you can see the front and back bumpers in the pics are miles out kindasad.gif
samir0189
Id love to have my car painted by Manny. bowdown.gif

weird stuff with that caliper. kindasad.gif
Rusty
hmm nothing worse than brake dust on a white rim (speaking from experience wink.gif ) had my rear caliper seize or semi seize last month, had my calipers rebuilt (disassemble them, clean and replace the caliper piston seals etc<< simple enough if you have the right tools biggrin.gif
Tigawoods
i knew when i bought them that they would be a pain. but they are fairly simple rims and are very easy to wipe down.

i took my caliper apart and re assembled it and now its fine!

paint will come later haha. it does all suck though kindasad.gif oh well i can deal with it for now
Tigawoods
first and maybe the only auto-x event that i will be attending is this sunday at the Citizens Bank Park stadium lot!
getting a fresh set of tires.
what do you guys think.
i have a list of four possibilities
-hankook ventus v12 evo k110

-bf goodrich g-force t/a kdw2

-bridgestone potenza re760

-dunlop direzza sport z1 star spec

ive narrowed it down to either the dunlop of bridgestone.
what do you all think?
its just for the front, daily driving and just this one auto-x.
and they will eventually replace my rears which have terrible camber wear now
spolski07
i had the KDW2's and i LOVED them to death, do wear very fast though. amazing handling tires
Tigawoods
im going for a decent handle and better wear capabilities that why i took them off my list kindasad.gif
samir0189
i had the kdw2. they were suppperrrr sticky and steering response was crisp.

AND i got 40k out of them. the wear was horrible though i balanced n rotated them every 6 k and they were choppy, cupped, feathered, outer worn out on some, inner worn on the others, they just wouldnt wear right. my alignment was perfect. i would have gotten more miles outta them if it weren't for them being bald on one side and not on the wear bar on the other.

and the noise. sounds like a helicopter is chasing you. besides that, kdws are good.
Tigawoods
i figured alot of people would have them. bf goodrich marketed them straight to the younger crowd as an aggressive tire for a cheap price. i know that it performs. but to me i think it is a sucky tire. more for drifting maybe. and srt4s

im kinda leaning towards the dunlops
Stambo
dunlops for sure. a lot of the guys in the milwaukee area are running them at autox.
Tigawoods
well after a night of research.
the dunlops are better for tracking and some daily driving
the potenzas are better for dding and occasional auto-x
ill risk the faster tread wear and get the dunlops
Stambo
why dont you just run the steelies dd? and autox the rims? Thats what i have to do right now before i can get another set of rims for dd
Tigawoods
daily drive my steelies??? you must be crazy. i cant hide my beautiful rims!
what i plan is to dd the grams and race the steelies until i find a cheap set of new lighter wheels to race with.
im just racing with the grams this one time to see how the tires handle
Stambo
I wish i could dd my rims, the azenis have terrible tread wear... Wouldn't even last till the end of summer i bet
Tigawoods
im nervous with these tires. they look like they will go down faaast.
so im going to drive it a bit less during the week.

stambo what class do you run in?

DIREZZZZZAAAS!!!!!

made a new air box. still needs some fine tuning. double layer aluminum hollow core that channels the heat out the side of the hood.
Tigawoods
so far i like them and ive only driven them back to the house from the shop lol
ill have to get some update pics on the box.

i really screwed myself over because i was halfway through and thought to myself....wait....how am i going to access the filter!
it was too late but the batteryside and the fender side of the box are open. i wanted them to be closed but i had to have someway to get to the filter.
in the near future i want to build another and have a hinge on top where i can open the box.
Stambo
i used to run ST but now i have to do street mod, i'm gonna be in with the big dogs now...

i also could run fwd street tire, so i have a few choices but not much anymore
whatthe
i can see the orange bits!

ps. nice tyres, melt them fast and have fun.
Tigawoods
what put you in SM?

$365 im making them last! lol
Tigawoods
forgot to add they the provided my new tires with some nitrogen!
i will see how it performs at the auto-x tomorrow
Alan
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Mar 11, 2010 - 2:47 PM) *
OH LORD!!
is this good enough!
its crooked. just for you!

how come it looks crooked? :s
Stambo
i have a 3sgte now smile.gif
Tigawoods
ahhh i assumed by the signature that it wasnt finished yet
Stambo
well about another week and it should, the next autox event is the 4th i think, i'm excited to see how the celi will work out.
Tigawoods
well i took first place. It was a hard course. took me 3-4runs before i got out of my funk and actually got a fair time. 4 other cars. avg of their times was 68 and my fastest was a 65.
ill post the times as soon as i get them
808celica
direzzas die pretty fast
Tigawoods
i dont want to hear it!

5 runs results. the other cars in the class where "noobs" so they werent included in our results

1T ST 610 Mike Thoma 1995 Toyota Celica GT
63.069+2
60.420+2
56.821+2
-

2 ST 77 Christine Nissan 240sx

3 ST 1 Dung Le Nissan 240sx
Stambo
Just judging by the times, it looks like christine was just giving er' before she even got to know the course, and all your times are getting lowered by a second or even a few seconds as you began to figure out the track and find where you can drop sometime.

You have any videos of the event?
Tigawoods
no vids. i just wanted to go out and have fun this one. no camera camcorder or anything. its the only one ill be able to do this summer frown.gif

Success21
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Jun 25, 2010 - 11:59 PM) *
no vids. i just wanted to go out and have fun this one. no camera camcorder or anything. its the only one ill be able to do this summer frown.gif

Damn tiga your car looks awesome good job A+++
Johnnyny
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Jun 26, 2010 - 12:59 AM) *

Wow the only ways of improving dat pic dat I can think of is projectors and a 4 front end looking good!!!
Tigawoods
well...warranty is almost up. so im going to do what i said im going to do.
oh...and fix my oil leak so my parents dont bitch about the continuing oil spots on the garage floor lol
whatthe
cams cams cams!! Dyno run and zorst video before and afters!!
Stambo
If you get cams tiga won't you be in sm now?
Tigawoods
i dont think so. and if i would be i wouldnt tell wink.gif
ill have to check the book!
RvA944
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Jul 7, 2010 - 10:06 PM) *

hmmmmmmmmmm

LOL I don't blame ya there. hell were underpowered now!!!!!
4-eyed-freek
warranty? your not getting rid of it are you!?!?! btw dam nice car!
Lenny
friggin clean thumbsup.gif
Stambo
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Jul 7, 2010 - 10:06 PM) *

I wish i could secretly hide my 3s so i could be in st lol
RvA944
sooooooooooo hows the mod going,

are ya gonna give us an update????????
808celica
BUY MY LIPS!!!!!!!!!!
Tigawoods
Let someone else have em!

No update really. Got some parts.
and everything is just sitting until this friday.
Then i have till sunday to get everything on and working.
im super excited to start working on the car again.
havent really done any real work to in in a while.
Tigawoods
3pm-2am.
round 2 today.
4hrs of sleep.
hungry.
they need to go in
Tigawoods
well.
a cam bearing cap bolt broke.
and now im searching everywhere for one.
the toyota dealership says they cant get it for another week!!!
RvA944
Hey Mike,

Mike (NOVAKx17) might have one he has a part engine I think.

Roger
Tigawoods
is he local to us?
im going to try and see if this one junkyard is open tomorrow and possibly rip one out
RvA944
QUOTE (Tigawoods @ Jul 17, 2010 - 6:07 PM) *
is he local to us?
im going to try and see if this one junkyard is open tomorrow and possibly rip one out

He's over in brookville, closer to you then me I think. I took a ride out there to get some parts and it took me about 3 1/2 hours to get there. It was a nice ride, long but still a nice ride.

Roger
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.