Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Today I..........................................
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207
Kenny
Today I fitted a new cd player and speakers up front, Sony Explod and Rockford Fosgate Punch 3-ways. Lot of value for the money imo, and the Sony suits the interior. :-D
RabidTRD
QUOTE (Kenny @ Jun 10, 2011 - 2:08 PM) *
Today I fitted a new cd player and speakers up front, Sony Explod and Rockford Fosgate Punch 3-ways. Lot of value for the money imo, and the Sony suits the interior. :-D

How much were those and how do they sound? I've got an Xplod system too and my rear speakers need replacing. I was thinking something with a deep bass for the rear, since I don't want subs and the Xplod has adjustable sub selection and I can use my rear speakers for subs.
manda
replaced the leaking front crank seal and the busted transmission mount, and did an oil change
Kenny
QUOTE (RabidTRD @ Jun 10, 2011 - 7:38 PM) *
QUOTE (Kenny @ Jun 10, 2011 - 2:08 PM) *

How much were those and how do they sound? I've got an Xplod system too and my rear speakers need replacing. I was thinking something with a deep bass for the rear, since I don't want subs and the Xplod has adjustable sub selection and I can use my rear speakers for subs.

They were about 110 usd here in the shop, maybe they are a little cheaper in the US. I listen mostly to rock and I'll descibe the sound as clear and dynamic. I'll probably put a pair of them in the rear as well. They fit the oem speaker bracket if you can live with fastening the speakers with two screws instead of four..(I have a 1997 ST euro)
nics
today i put some led's in my dash

i want something brighter than this kindasad.gif
gt4st205
Today I went for an amazing drive at and around the nearby Lake Towada in Japan. No pics, here's some google's on it though

and a Little bit closer on the best of all the roads! This road was maybe 8 feet across at its widest, perfectly paved and ZERO traffic. We didn't see a single car the entire time.

jimboggs
Gonna get more donor car parts today for my complete cruise control install.
PhoenixTech
*read this as if it was 2 weekends ago** Traded my Turbo EG Civic for a Lexus SC300 :-) back to all Toyotas again!
Ted95
QUOTE (PhoenixTech @ Jun 14, 2011 - 10:19 AM) *
*read this as if it was 2 weekends ago** Traded my Turbo EG Civic for a Lexus SC300 :-) back to all Toyotas again!

thats whats up! lol

today im sending my car to Mannys for my b-pipe and IC piping biggrin.gif
spolski07
got my car back from the body shop! boy have i missed her biggrin.gif
PhoenixTech
QUOTE (Ted95 @ Jun 14, 2011 - 10:32 AM) *
QUOTE (PhoenixTech @ Jun 14, 2011 - 10:19 AM) *

thats whats up! lol

today im sending my car to Mannys for my b-pipe and IC piping biggrin.gif

check her out. I've got a few pics on my facebook.
KAOS
QUOTE (SupraKid @ Jun 16, 2011 - 2:06 PM) *

Oh nooooooooooes!!!

But seriously tho - nice work on the keywords. tongue.gif

Sad to see you go. Excited to see the supra come to fruition.

SupraKid
If the car doesn't sell for over 2,000 its not going anywhere. The reason I'm even trying to sell it is because i really don't "daily drive" anywhere as i live on campus at school. After college when i do have to daily drive I will def be back in the celica game with some new ideas wink.gif.
LimitedGT4
sooo today i pulled my ECU and this is what i found confused.gif tongue.gif woot.gif

for those that know u know and thos that dont google it its a quick wikipedia or check the link below

http://www.rpmgarage.com/new/detail/?tid=11224
mkernz22
hit 224,000 yesterday, wooo!
Capone
Today I got Yokohama S.drives installed on my car after finding out that I needed 2 new tires. frown.gif My old tires only had about 10,000 miles on them. Wish I woulda got an alignment immediately after putting my coil overs on, instead of waiting 2 months.... live and learn I guess. Also picked up $250 worth of parts from the dealership that needed to be replaced. Its been an expensive week. kindasad.gif
Quidam
QUOTE (Capone @ Jun 18, 2011 - 4:47 PM) *
Today I got Yokohama S.drives installed on my car after finding out that I needed 2 new tires. frown.gif My old tires only had about 10,000 miles on them. Wish I woulda got an alignment immediately after putting my coil overs on, instead of waiting 2 months.... live and learn I guess. Also picked up $250 worth of parts from the dealership that needed to be replaced. Its been an expensive week. kindasad.gif

Ahh well, at least you went ahead and did what needed to be done. Good on you for looking after your Celi.

As for me, I just took the head unit out (soundstream) of my new GT4 and fitted the IPOD cable (routed it into the glovebox). Oddly, the receipt for the head unit also included purchase of the optional IPOD cable so I have no idea why the previous owner did not fit it in the first place. Anyway, functionality is pretty basic but it works fine and the sound is excellent. Funny thing though, when taking the head unit out, I'll be damned if a Bryan Adams Gold CD wasn't jammed in behind it. Pretty scratched up but hopefully I'll be able to rip it smile.gif

Also on the receipt was an upgrade to 2 soundstream speakers, which would explain why the audio quality is noticeably better than in my other GT4 which has stock speakers.

check that: It's Ryan Adams, and it ripped fine lol
jordisonjr
Tried to finish off removign the lower control arms.
Managed to get the last stubborn bolt out on the passenger side, but couldn't remove the LCA due to lack of assistance.
Still gotta figure out how to remove the damn endlink on the driver side without cutting/ruining it.
mkernz22
QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Jun 18, 2011 - 7:38 AM) *
hit 224,000 yesterday, wooo!

and to add on, my exhaust broke off after the cat so now it's loud as hell lol. doesn't sound ricy though, kind of nice, but a little bit louder than I'd like for it to be
mak5603
Installed some brembo blanks and oem Toyota pads in the rear today.
jordisonjr
Managed to work the endlink off without breaking it.
Removed the control arm.
And got all of the control arm bushings out with a drill, torch and hammer.
Now to wait for the Poly Urethane bushings to arrive.
808celica
Mother' Showtime quick detailer on the whole car, polished my Truck tip, tire shine on...................and taking the swagger van to work laugh.gif

Damn garage queen...
m4dm4n
I've only recently revisited 6GC.net but have done a number of things since being away:

Oil pump + gasket
Waterpump + gasket
Valve cover gasket
Oil and fuel filter
Timing belt
Spark plugs and cables
Throttle body cleaned
Flush and change all fluids (MASSIVE difference!)
Cut and polish - discovered I'm well overdue for a respray...
Removed boot trim, centre console, CD player, lifted carpet and back seat to rip out all of the mega-dodgy wiring the previous owner installed (about half a kilo or more, WTF?)
Removed power antenna and replaced with manual telescopic
Diagnosed why the foglights don't work - removed them and their dodgy melted problem-causing wiring
Diagnosed and fixed the radiator fan not coming on
Attempted to diagnose a/c not working - seems to be compressor issue (maybe!?)

err..

Registered in my new state

Still lots to do, I've barely started. At least my major service is over and done with biggrin.gif
Fate
10mm and 15mm spacers arrived today.
RabidTRD
Took off my front bumper (what a freaking nightmare of rusted bolts) to take out my lights in order to black them out and fix the leak issue with the driver side high beam. Trying to figure out if I want to boil them or not.
HectortheRican
Found out that my thermostat is stuck open after replacing my radiator and upper/lower hoses rolleyes.gif
smkr3w
Got my kirk motor mount inserts today!..
And my sub and amp is installed..
And a car wash thumbsup.gif
Quidam
Purchased some lock nuts for the 18inch Konig Unknowns on my 94 GT4. Less than 2 weeks since I started parking it outside and someone stole a nut already.
Fate
wired in my gt4 fogs, finally.

+ bolted my intercooler pump relay box in its proper spot.
spolski07
Ran into oil pressure problems on the Z kindasad.gif

But on the lighter side of things I installed 10.7b DP4. biggrin.gif
NYp8tBaller07
cleeeeeeeaned the car, thinking of putting in a cold air feed to stock intake hole =p
Keiri
Bought new brake pads, calipers and hardware, and an exhaust manifold gasket. After installation of this stuff; I will be having the trans., brake, and power steering fluids replaced.

Creeping up on 150,00 miles...
missbakken
QUOTE (flyinglizard @ May 3, 2010 - 10:49 PM) *
Washed my car and put on my new 2-post spoiler biggrin.gif

Did you have to drill new holes for that?
mkernz22
took my hub off after my wheel bearing has been clicking for a while now... (no play surprisingly)
getting the wheel bearing, seals, and snap ring all replaced tomorrow morning! biggrin.gif

NYp8tBaller07
wanted to beat the **** out of someone for setting off an M80 a few feet from my car around 2am
RabidTRD
Installed my new Vincent fuel door and painted the cap super white II to match my car. Also epoxy painted my new Koni struts to prevent rust.
Cs91
Started my 3SGE swap !
opie_7afe
found a job, now i can order some parts.next friday..unemployment checks suck for car mods..........
RabidTRD
Did this today:
Lenny
got my shift boot from Kamikaze eShop today. pretty cool to have a new one. the old one was ripped and falling a part.
Cs91
Today the 3SGE is going out of the parts car, and the hopefully the 7AFE will be dropped to. Tomorrow the servicing of the 3SGE starts, to bad i have to wait for the new clutch to put it in!

Alot of pictures later tonight!
Cs91
Pictures are worth more then 1000 words eh?
perkyshadow
Yesterday I installed a new cv axle on the passenger side. If your car suddenly starts shaking extremely violently when you're going 75 mph, it could be that your axle is toast. I've never seen a rubber axle boot explode because something inside of it tried to leave... That mixed with a high speed = axle grease everywhere. Not a fun day off!
RabidTRD
New(ish) suspension is in. 70's Celica emblem is on...

Now to find out why the driver side rattles...
phrax
Found the 8" stock drivers up front have no surrounds.

Ordered two https://www.madisound.com/store/product_inf...products_id=849 Hopefully they fit.

Also ordered some Boston Acoustics S65s for the rears.
travisxcore
Today I realized Toyota gave me 2 front brake pad kits and rear pads off an '02 Camry. I ordered them months ago and finally decided it was time to change them. So I pull the boxes out off storage. I always knew one was wrong cause it said Camry on it but it had my name on it and i was only charged for 2 kits so I knew it was a wrong one but I never bothered to check the other two cause how hard is it to order 1 front kit and 1 back kit. Well apparently I was wrong. Now I have to go order a back brake pad kit. mad.gif

Edit: I'm starting to think they gave me Camry ones for my rear pads and accidentally gave me 2 front pad kits. confused.gif
SupraKid
Figured out that my oil light was coming on because the wire had gotten caught between the alt and its pulley, and at higher rpms it went away because it was spinning to fast to make contact. Discovered when changing my oil to 5-30 synthetic with a pure one filter(only the best).
azian_advanced
QUOTE (phrax @ Jul 5, 2011 - 2:54 AM) *
Found the 8" stock drivers up front have no surrounds.

Ordered two https://www.madisound.com/store/product_inf...products_id=849 Hopefully they fit.

Also ordered some Boston Acoustics S65s for the rears.

let me know how those work out. my passenger side woofer is blown and i'm looking at other alternatives to replace it with.
phrax
Will do. I cancelled my order with madisound and instead purchased them through solen.ca But I'll probably do a little writeup once it's all done. Took pictures of the driver, enclosure and measured it all. Hopefully other people will find it useful too.

QUOTE (azian_advanced @ Jul 5, 2011 - 10:01 PM) *
let me know how those work out. my passenger side woofer is blown and i'm looking at other alternatives to replace it with.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.