Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160
Box

laugh.gif
Box
I like how there's a Hideyoshi gif for everything on this subject:

laugh.gif
Box
Have been working on the guitar body of my brother's Stratocaster getting it stripped down and reshaped removing deformities so it can be refinished, then put back together. Fun fun, not really it's killing my arms and shoulders.
Bitter
https://imgur.com/gallery/Z0R0p How we do on the south side of chi town boy
Box
I think you should just give it back like that. laugh.gif
Bitter
Hahaha. The owner is super...uh...he's. Well it's been running on 5 cylinders for since we've ever seen it, a few years at least. He keeps putting money into it though.
SwissFerdi
QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 8, 2018 - 11:54 PM) *
https://imgur.com/gallery/Z0R0p How we do on the south side of chi town boy

That is MacGyver as f***.
cheela
hahaha! the GIF for proof was awesome!
Box
The real question is, did anyone working on it have a winged back mullet?
Box
Driver side tires on the Miata were practically flat, maybe 10 psi on the front and 15 psi on the rear. Oddly enough passenger front was at 25 and rear maybe 28. So rolled it back to get the tires off where they've been flat and aired them back up to 30 psi and took it for a short jaunt down the road to make sure they were in round. I suppose tomorrow, if it's not raining, will go out with a bottle of soapy water and check the tires on the driver's side for any nails etc... since that's way more than what weather change would cause as indicated by the passenger side being fine for the most part.
Bitter
Rim leaks?

Had snow stuffed in my wheels, car shook so bad on the highway it was actually pretty hilarious. I knew exactly what it was as soon as I felt it happening so I wasn't worried, but it did make me laugh a lot.
Box
The rims don't look out of round, certainly not enough to be leaking, but I guess it's possible the bead is leaking which is kind of my guess. Though it's entirely possible something was run over on the driver side. So will check for punctures and leaks at the bead, if it's the bead he can always remount them at work.
SwissFerdi
Valve stems...
Bitter
Usually rim leaks are a corrosion issue.
Box
The valve stems look new, rather or not they were installed properly is another story. It's possible the installer didn't clean off the rim of corrosion or if any debris got onto it. Of course it's been pouring rain all day, so will have to see about tomorrow. Which he needs to take it to work anyway to do the transmission and differential fluid, but would be nice to know what needs to be done with the tires in advance.
Bitter
Eh let him figure it out at work, he can plug-patch them from the inside if it's a puncture or break it down and reseal if it's a rim leak or stem leak.
Bitter
Argh. The BFH9K comes on Wednesday, the retainer spring for the bit comes the next day, the bits come on the 20th. :-|

I need to get more highflow couplers so I can convert some of the other hoses in the shop to high flow and make an adapter from high flow to normal style for my tools. They're expensive though but worth it. I want a high flow and adapter setup for my impact gun and for the new air hammer, both benefit from higher airflow for sure. A next month purchase, along with an AP 1128 impact ratchet. I want one so bad now that I've seen one working on youtube. 50ftlbs of force in the palm of my hand with no kickback like a normal air ratchet and it spins stuff even faster. My two biggest reasons I don't use my air ratchet, kick back and slow.
Box
I'm not sure what all my brother uses, I think he just uses what's provided by the shop along with the Snap-On electric stuff he bought.

So I went to Guitar Center today in the kilt, had one guy compliment me and ask where I got it so that was cool. Then a lot of guys after they saw I was a guy just gave me weird looks, one stared at me awkwardly as he walked by and then stared for a long time from the acoustic room so I just hid behind the amps in the electric section. Then any girls there smiled at me, one with her boyfriend kept staring at me and then any time she was walking behind him would turn and look at me which I found funny. Everyone else was indifferent or didn't notice I was a guy if they only saw me from the back I guess. Overall I'd say the kilt is a success, the first time out in public I wanted it to be somewhere I felt comfortable and guys with long hair is nothing out of the ordinary there so a kilt added on would be no big deal. Then afterwards I went to Wal-Mart and the trend seemed to be the same; guys giving weird looks, girls smiling, and everyone else indifferent or didn't notice since they only saw from the back. I did have one guy follow me though which was weird until I stopped and turned around and then stared at him.
Bitter
They provide tools wtf? I have all my own **** except big ticket items. You all don't fight rust down there so you don't need big tools like I do up here. Torches and hammers and impacts and all manner of nasty loud destructive tools are needed for even a simple job like changing a hub bearing.
Box
He works for Maserati/Alfa Romeo/Fiat now, the shop even has air conditioning and they provided a tool chest. It's swanky.
narly_charley
QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 11, 2018 - 8:41 PM) *
They provide tools wtf? I have all my own **** except big ticket items. You all don't fight rust down there so you don't need big tools like I do up here. Torches and hammers and impacts and all manner of nasty loud destructive tools are needed for even a simple job like changing a hub bearing.

Haha! I think that's what my dad loves most about his new(er) shop that he's working for. His new employer works on a lot of newer vehicles, so they are LESS rusty... I agree though, his air hammer gets used a LOT!
Box
ST205 One Take: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE5D5Aaajv8
Bitter
Well somehow USPS thinks my air hammer will get from Alabama to Chicago and delivered in about 24 hours, meanwhile the chisels and springs are going to be delivered earlier than estimated. Lovely. At least I got my Chinese air swirly tornado cleaning gun a day late from the USPS shipping estimate, and it all smells like dog ****. The box, the plastic parts, the Styrofoam. Lovely.

Box
Dat Engrish doe.
Bitter
That cleaning thing works very good.

Box
DEEP CLEANING OF THE GUN!!!
narly_charley
QUOTE (Box @ Feb 14, 2018 - 9:34 PM) *
DEEP CLEANING OF THE GUN!!!

It's funny how those cheap ass Chinese companies can't pay someone $5 to proof read packaging/instructions.
Box
You'd think in this day and age it'd not be all that hard to find someone that's a native speaker of the language you're wanting to use that also speaks your language. Hypothetically let's say I was the marketing head of a company here and I wanted to do advertising for a product in multiple non English speaking countries, you'd bet your sweet ass I'd find native speakers that also knew English to help with doing it.

****, I'd think even Google translate would do a better job...
Bitter
You ever translate something from english to chinese then back to english again just for fun? it's pretty fun!

So I held the barrel of the gun today when I was blowing some WD40 out of the thing, trying to wash out the old semi solidified oil and greased so it'll go full speed. About 1/2 on the trigger, gun pointed upward so it'll cycle without a chisel, hand on the barrel holding it, it hits so ****ing hard and sharp I felt things in my hand hurt I dind't even know I had to hurt. Like sharp intense pains, almost like being electrocuted with line current. Now that this thing is cleaned up it's a monster and I can't wait to use it. I'm waiting on a reply to a vendor about a spring for the gun, I may need to measure the barrel. I want to take the trigger apart and install a spring on that so I have something besides air pressure to push against cause it feathers real nice about 1/2 way then the air pressure holding the trigger out just isn't enough to keep the trigger from sinking real fast and it's harder to control. I just don't know if a spring is going to bind before it hits full open, but I'll be able to tell when I take it apart how open is fully open. If it'll work with a spring great, if not I'll just have to be real easy on the trigger. The hammer inside is heckin big, you just let it slide to the end of the stroke and it's a solid hit without any air behind it. I'm pretty flabbergasted by this thing and I've not even used it yet. The ball joint forks I ordered came in for it today so I hope we get some heavy duty front end work to use it on soon once I get the spring for it.
Box
Speaking of lost in translation I remembered something, nothing beats this:

At first I thought it was a joke, but nope they're a legit company from China. laugh.gif
Bitter
Wow.
cheela
QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 15, 2018 - 6:52 PM) *
hand on the barrel holding it, it hits so ****ing hard and sharp I felt things in my hand hurt I dind't even know I had to hurt. Like sharp intense pains, almost like being electrocuted with line current.

sounds like an excerpt straight outta 50 shades of gay. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Box
One would've had to read it to know, wouldn't they. laugh.gif
njccmd2002
saw my 30x40 slab and felt happy
cheela
QUOTE (Box @ Feb 16, 2018 - 4:32 PM) *
One would've had to read it to know, wouldn't they. laugh.gif

I would have to guess so. laugh.gif
ClevelandGaint
so much room for activities

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Feb 16, 2018 - 9:29 PM) *

Bitter
Bought a new straight die grinder.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HOC9M0A/
I have a little one but my big one was showing it's age, it was cheap, Chinese, yellow, and I ported the heck out of it so it would go harder and it did but lately it's been slowing and not wanting to start sometimes and needing heavier oil to not sound like it's going to fly apart. I think the ball bearings have gone square finally, it was pretty rough from the get go. Time to retire and replace with something new, I like that it has the dial on it so I can set a max speed for lower speed work where I don't want sparks flying around or don't need the whole .75hp. Also holding a bare metal body with lots of air going through it gets REALLY stupid cold, so this should be nice.
richee3
Today I saw the Supra on all four wheels for the first time in months.

Bitter
I found something you might like if you want more high beams.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AOZOOM-High...0004620172.html
njccmd2002
QUOTE (ClevelandGaint @ Feb 17, 2018 - 10:28 AM) *
so much room for activities

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Feb 16, 2018 - 9:29 PM) *

Framing starts next week
navseal345
QUOTE (richee3 @ Feb 17, 2018 - 10:26 PM) *
Today I saw the Supra on all four wheels for the first time in months.

And the angels rejoiced with pizza & beverages.
richee3
^^ Giordano’s pizza!

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Feb 17, 2018 - 10:54 PM) *
Framing starts next week

Not a second too soon!
Box
Still a nice shade of green. I want to know where all the colours for cars went, soooo many in the 90's and early 2000's and now it's like you can only get black, white, silver/grey, and sometimes blue or red. Then they're usually some bland rendition at that. If I ever convince myself to sell the Firebird instead of letting it sit and collect dust whatever I get will be a nice colour, every car I've owned with exception of the Firebird has been red or white. Then it's black, the absence of colour. I want a nice blue, teal, or preferably purple. So far that points to the M-Edition and Special Edition Miata for the most part. I really like the '94-96 M-Edition and '99 10th Anniversary as well as the '00 and '03 Special Edition. That and there was also Twilight Blue Mica, Midnight Blue Mica, and Black Cherry Mica that are nice and were on regular models.
Bitter
QUOTE (richee3 @ Feb 17, 2018 - 11:11 PM) *
^^ Giordano’s pizza!

In case you get the itch ever...
https://www.giordanos.com/shop/
Box
Today I've reached a new level of hatred for the sperm donor that masquerades as my father. I like how he can be a better father to the ex-stepdaughter he adopted than he ever could to me or my brother. He always said he wanted a daughter, so I guess he's just making good on that. I have half a mind to get onto that atrocity called facebook and post right on his wall for everyone to see, "Would you love me more if I had a vagina, since that seems to be the requirement for you to be a father." It'd be one thing if in addition he made a newfound effort with us, but does he? Hell no... Who needs him anyway, had my mom and grandmother. This song might as well be his theme song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmhoOp2fUzg
Though unlike him I'll be a million times the spouse and parent he ever was, he taught me everything not to do.
Bitter
The best thing you can do is to succeed at life and shut him out and never acknowledge him in any way.
Box
I guess there was just this stupid part of me that thought he'd change one day, well he did but not for me or my brother. Which is what just really makes me hate him... So much so I'm highly contemplating changing my name now instead of waiting until I get married to take their name, as there's no way in Hell I'm going to continue his name...
richee3
QUOTE (Box @ Feb 18, 2018 - 1:19 AM) *
Still a nice shade of green. I want to know where all the colours for cars went, soooo many in the 90's and early 2000's and now it's like you can only get black, white, silver/grey, and sometimes blue or red.

I kind of prefer the darker IJM on the ‘98 Supra over the DJG on ‘96-97. I really wanted a white Supra but in two years of searching, never found one I liked. Back when I was 16 I came across an IJM Supra on eBay and fell in love so after white, my second choice was green. Have you seen some of the colors Toyota is coming up with for their cars these days? While I don’t like Cavalry Blue on the ‘18 TRD Pros or Voodoo Blue that will be on the 2019’s, but I love Lexus Ultrasonic Blue. Structural Blue is kind of cool too but I feel like if it takes that long to develop, it’s not worth it. I liked Quicksand, Cement, and Inferno TRD Pros as well. I like some of the shades that Lexus is putting out, but I agree that there are too many silvers, blacks, and whites.

QUOTE (Bitter @ Feb 18, 2018 - 10:42 AM) *
In case you get the itch ever...
https://www.giordanos.com/shop/

We've considered that on more than one occasion. It’s just not the same without Storytime with Chris™️.
navseal345
I prefer Toyota pink.
Bitter
There's only one Toyota black and that's 202 black.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.