Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160
njccmd2002
that car probably is in a table, somewhere as a lamp, or in a doctors office as a trash can. Carfax it, you should not have sold the car to a kid, you should have screened him better.

Get a car accident history
check his insurance rates
perform a visual test,
and had him submit to a driver educational program for inmmature teens..

You got rid of the celica, like a fly. tsk, tsk, tsk. At least you did not make the same mistake twice, and kept the firebird away from another kid
Box
I dunno, I saw it before I moved over a year ago just as I sold it and that had been like almost 3 years since I sold it to him so I doubt it he'd all of a sudden total or trash it. He wasn't much younger than myself at the time I sold it, I was 22 and I think he was 18-19. He REALLY wanted it even after it wasn't for sell and he paid for it with money he earned himself, that and he agreed to my silly asking price is the only reason I sold it since I'd have felt like a real tool if I'd been like "that was just a silly price to scare you off sorry".

The Firebird on the other hand I don't think I'd have sold it for twice what I was asking to them. It was for a young kid that wrecked a Miata of all things because he was being stupid, and it was daddy's money buying it. He'd have killed himself and probably someone else had I sold them the Firebird being he couldn't even handle a Miata which is way more docile and easier to drive. The only reason I agreed to even show them the car is I didn't find out about the Miata accident being his fault until then, big mistake on their part but for the best.
Bitter
I gots the big horn and upgraded compressor installed on her Escape, need to put the car back together now. It's actually louder than it was before, really sounds more like a large truck horn. I can't wait to go out somewhere empty and try it out more than just a tiny toot in the garage, I'll try to get a video of it from a distance lol.
Bitter
Erin has some of her wheel chair lacrosse tournament photos up and we're looking at them on my TV at 40 something inches and they still look amazing.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jessnowak/

Also I fixed her horn.
https://youtu.be/5Ir4NMBbXUc
richee3
Over the weekend, we had to drive the 4Runner up a pretty gnarly trail. Since the wife is short, she bought some aftermarket running boards for a Limited 4Runner that hang lower than SR5/Trail/TRD running boards. Only picture I have that shows them:

They still have decent ground clearance but I still normally take them off before hitting any trails. We were planning on making the 8 mile hike up this trail rather than driving but that didn’t quite work out... ended up destroying the driver running board on that trip. laugh.gif Gitta replace that this weekend. Found some cheap OEM 2010-13 SR5 running boards that should look even goofier than what we have now. Got plenty of trail scars in the paint too, but they buffed out pretty well. But at least the pictures turned out decent?

I really need a full frame camera. Thanks for making me want to spend money, Chee La...

BONUS PICTURE OF DA PUPPER!!!

cheela
You're definitely in 4runner country over there and putting it to good use. A shiny 4runner is a sad one.

haha... I think I'll call it even seeing as I'm nearly 3 grand deep into a BEAMS swap.
But once you see what a full frame camera can do, it's REALLLLLY hard to go back isn't it?
bloodMoney
I didn't think the limited rockers were that much lower than the SR5....

richee3
Dang Chee La, you’re gonna spend as much money as I did on your swap! laugh.gif

Limiteds have a bigger rocker panel under the doors that the other models don’t do the running boards have to drop a few inches lower to clear that, and ours sit a little lower than factory. But at least they’re the tube style so they aren’t noticeably out of place at first glance, but the ones we are getting are identical to yours with the exception of they’ll have a silver strip on the side instead of chrome. The silver on the side of the running boards along with the gap between the body will look goofy and out of place on ours compared to yours. I still want your Nautical Blue, JBL sound system and XREAS though... and I need a set of BFG KO2’s or Goodyear Duratracs for sure around here.
cheela
yeah, but a lot of the costs was things I didn't account for or things that I didn't necessarily need like the TRD shifter and SS-III grill. Also, this is a BEAMS and auto to manual swap so it is a bit more expensive but no looking back now just gonna keep on charging my credit card at this point. lol
NgoFcukinWay
QUOTE (cheela @ Sep 6, 2018 - 12:47 PM) *
yeah, but a lot of the costs was things I didn't account for or things that I didn't necessarily need like the TRD shifter and SS-III grill. Also, this is a BEAMS and auto to manual swap so it is a bit more expensive but no looking back now just gonna keep on charging my credit card at this point. lol

cheela
CoolZeen
QUOTE (cheela @ Sep 6, 2018 - 2:13 PM) *

thats the thing.$ ...no ending
navseal345
I have a feeling the Duratracs are a better option. Kinda more of an AT tire, I dislike a mud terrain UNLESS you ABSOLUTELY need them.
Bitter
QUOTE (cheela @ Sep 6, 2018 - 12:47 PM) *

Get the Amazon card, buy it all on Amazon, use the points from the Amazon card to buy more stuff on Amazon. ENDLESS CYCLE!
richee3
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Sep 6, 2018 - 8:42 PM) *
I have a feeling the Duratracs are a better option. Kinda more of an AT tire, I dislike a mud terrain UNLESS you ABSOLUTELY need them.

I would agree. The Duratracs ate better in snow as well. Everyone I’ve talked to with KO2’s seems to absolutely love them though, which keeps me from completely ruling them out. I haven’t even looked into the other options like Nitto Trail/Ridge/Terra Grapplers, or Falken Wildpeaks but after my last couple of experiences with Falken tires I’m not sure I want to give them a chance again. All I know for sure is that my tires are getting towards the end of their life and the next tires won’t be cheap no season highway tires. We find ourselves off road just enough here that I don’t want to deal with a popped tire on a trail. We just replaced one of the tires a few months ago thanks to some road debris so these can’t even handle the pavement. laugh.gif
navseal345
I've had the Terra Grapples on my truck for a few years, no complaints. It's a good all terrain. I've not heard to much on the other Nittos. I think the Exo is supposed more for snow than Ridge.

As far as I know the Duratracs might be better for off-road. At least they seem to be more tested than others.
richee3
Performance on the highway is slightly more important to me than performance off road. I haven’t had any grip issues with the ultra crappy Uniroyals I have right now, but I stay out of mud and off of the big rocks. I just need a tire that I don’t have to worry about getting punctured when we do wind up off road. I don’t want tires that roar going down the highway. The people I’ve talked to with KO2’s say they’re great on and off road, which is why I’m hesitant to rule them out. However, I’ve heard several complaints online from people saying they can shake pretty bad even with a good road force balance. I’ve nevef heard any complaints about Duratracs but I also don’t know anyone personally that has had a set. I imagine they’re exactly what I’m looking for in a tire but it’s hard to say. I definitely need to research the Nittos and Cooper Discovers and I’m sure a few others. I’ve still got 10-15k miles before I absolutely need another set, but I also found these Uniroyaks to be sketchy under 40 degrees last year.

In other news, the new running boards are on. They aren’t nearly as bad as I expected them to be. Still not crazy about the silver but that can be fixed. At least they don’t hang down 15 feet from the body like the old ones did. The wifey may not like how high they are though...

Bitter
Let me tell you how to solve the height problem AND get kicked out to the guest bedroom all at once.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019WX139M
navseal345
Fail... I totally was thinking KM2s which is a mud terrain. The KO2s are the all terrain.

The one thing I've heard is that the compound on the KO2s is a little softer than other AT tires so it seems that they don't last as long. This coming from peoples w/ HD trucks.
richee3
QUOTE (navseal345 @ Sep 8, 2018 - 7:11 AM) *
Fail... I totally was thinking KM2s which is a mud terrain. The KO2s are the all terrain.

The one thing I've heard is that the compound on the KO2s is a little softer than other AT tires so it seems that they don't last as long. This coming from peoples w/ HD trucks.

No worries, I know next to nothing about truck tires. I’ve heard good things about the Duratracs but haven’t talked to anyone with firsthand experience. I’ve talked to a few people about KO2’s and they all seemed happy with them but I’ve also seen a handful of complaints about vibration issues on some of the Facebook pages, nobody seemed to be able to resolve them short of buying different tires. Between those two I only know that some people agree that the Duratracs is better in the snow but again, not coming directly from any sources that I’d trust without question. The only thing I know with certainty is that I’m sneaking up on 100k miles and I’ll need new tires right around then. They won’t be highway tires so we won’t need to worry about the few times a year that we end up off road and also because I want stiffer sidewalls to help reduce nosedive. I’ll also be getting a set of Bilstein 5100’s around the same time to stiffen the suspension up a little bit and level the nose out, also to help reduce nosedive.

True story, I had a K02 on the 4Runner for a couple of hours last Spring. Had to have Discount Tire take it back off and give me a matching tire.
Bitter
I hear coil overs really help with brake dive.
narly_charley
House has been resided and roofed. smile.gif

richee3
Looks good, Joe!
cheela
Good choice on color. I like it!
navseal345
Metal or plastic siding? And that garage doesn't seem big enough.
SwissFerdi
Nice touch on removing the shutters, the house looks proportionally bigger (yes the camera is also closer, thank you, still).
narly_charley
Thank you guys!

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Sep 11, 2018 - 11:25 AM) *
Metal or plastic siding? And that garage doesn't seem big enough.

Went from 1970's aluminum to vinyl. The garage is never large enough, but I'm happy with this one. It's plenty deep and wide for my needs. Hehe...

When I put the work bench in, it took a lot of room, but gained a lot of work space and I can still put things under it.
Bitter
Looks great, wonderful color she picked out!
ClevelandGaint
Looks amazing!
NgoFcukinWay
man, that makes me wanna really redo the siding on the house, but my bank account's like, "Hold up. We're only doing one panel at a time per week, right?"
narly_charley
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Sep 12, 2018 - 11:33 PM) *
man, that makes me wanna really redo the siding on the house, but my bank account's like, "Hold up. We're only doing one panel at a time per week, right?"

The only way we were able to do was through insurance, and it all worked out very well!
NgoFcukinWay
QUOTE (narly_charley @ Sep 13, 2018 - 7:09 AM) *
QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Sep 12, 2018 - 11:33 PM) *

The only way we were able to do was through insurance, and it all worked out very well!

Hmmmm.....we are about to get another storm front come in... Wonder if I can claim it on that....
Bitter
If you got a buddy with a paintball gun that can do full auto I bet you can work something out LOL
NgoFcukinWay
navseal345
QUOTE (Bitter @ Sep 13, 2018 - 11:50 PM) *
If you got a buddy with a paintball gun that can do full auto I bet you can work something out LOL

That's one thing I highly dislike about plastic siding. You get a hail storm and it's gone. Not such a problem with metal.
Bitter
No, it's just dented to **** and no longer seals then the paint starts peeling and your house looks like an art installation wrapped in aluminum foil and good luck getting brushed on paint to actually stick to aluminum siding for more than a couple years either, not without scuffing the WHOLE house first which is impossible if it's textured aluminum siding. My auntie is going through this right now, half her house has formerly brown currently Roswell UFO silver siding.
navseal345
So maybe a sod or earth home?
Bitter
Prairie style! I dig it. But seriously, I'd love a half underground home. Not only are they more impervious to wind and severe weather damage and more energy efficient it also brings me closer to my native mole people from the center of the earth.
navseal345
I'd like one of those abandoned missile silos.
Box
Speaking of abandoned missile silos, I have returned again. Long story short ended up going to the beach with the family, and being the pale individual I am I probably spent all of 30-60 minutes in actual sunlight during the 9 days. That said I spent more than my fair share of time out on the beach at night, plus there was an overcast day sans rain as that tropical storm Gordon went by. Also since my step sister is a bad influence I let her talk me into trying a certain "supplement" that's decriminalized and medically legal in Florida, and of course I'd have an idiosyncratic response. I've NEVER hurt so ****ing bad before, every tendon and ligament in my body locked up and every nerve was on fire. I cried for a good hour or two I was in so much pain, and of course there was no mind altering like so many people experience. Though most also experience reduced pain and lots of other good things, me of course not. So ever since I've been in such a deep depression because the one last hope I had for a better life is gone... At least now I know I guess... I seriously want to know what's my deal with ****ing drugs. Opiates are like flipping a coin, half the time they take the edge off for 30 minutes and the other half of the time they make me hurt more. Even alcohol will make me hurt more 10% of the time. Of course never get any kind of "buzz" from anything, provided it even does something. It's like the neurontin I take, 600 mg had a certain someone tripping balls in Happy Land whereas I shovel in 1,200-1,800 mg on top of 8-12 mg of tizanidine just to get the edge off so I can remotely function in addition to the LDN. 4 mg of tizanidine has them loosey goosey knocked out. Then again 2 beers makes them ditsy and I just don't even bother since on top of all the medications it'd still take alcohol poisoning to maybe do something. I tried once, after the 12th shot and still being able to do the math for dinner and cook it I just don't see the point in alcohol unless it tastes good. It ****ing sucks, chronic pain with no ****ing relief. Oddly enough my mom is exactly the same in all regards to the above apparently, they say mothers and daughters have incredibly similar brain chemistry and also therefore the strongest bonds. So there we go, more proof my father is a cheap bastard and short changed me on my last chromosome. I wonder if they make a T-shirt with that... if not they should.
Box
On a positive note after spending 9 days at the beach as girl Casey in a swim skirt and not getting weird looks I have more confidence, that and when I went out for dinner I was addressed as "miss". Looking like my grandmother and mom is finally paying off apparently. laugh.gif I still hate my body since to me it's a giveaway, but I guess everyone looks at my hair and face and goes off that. That and I have really pretty hands according to everyone, my cousin even said I should be a hand model:

My dreams of being a Taco Bell hand model were destroyed after they revamped their site. frown.gif
Bitter
I'm a hand model, mama. A finger jockey. We think differently than the face and body boys… we're a different breed. – J.P. Prewitt (Zoolander I)

Box
laugh.gif Yes. laugh.gif I forgot about that, gah that's fantastic. Sorta like on Seinfield:
NgoFcukinWay
i had a Japanese girl once who had a hand fetish. I sent her pics of my hands and I got car parts in return. it was a sweet deal.
Box
I remember that, just imagine the things I could've gotten!
NgoFcukinWay
yeah. i kinda wish i knew where she is now so i can maybe get some more swag.... lol.... heh.....heh...
Box
I'll make a hand album for you and we can go halfsies on the loot. laugh.gif
navseal345
^^^ That's a good deal. I'd take it.
NgoFcukinWay
lemme see if she'll respond to her e-mail assuming she hasn't been locked up yet. lolol
Box
Unless she's gone full yandere should be fine. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.